throwback week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: same old cards?

woody4cards Guest

same old cards?

this game is huge for the cards for a few reasons

1. chance to go to 3-2 which looks a lot better than 2-3.... the cards usually do not get this kind of opportunity at all during a season

2. chance to prove that this team has taken a big step under coach whizz

3. this is the best 2-2 team in the nfl!!!! they could easily be 4-0 or 3-1, losing this weekend just smacks of "the same old cards"

4. on occasion in the past the cards have blown chances such as this....a chance to turn the corner..... to take the next step.... and they always have blown it

i heard coach whizz on the radio this am..... he is preaching to the team about this being a trap game...... are they listening? we will know on sunday......

the rams are a wounded bear...... and a wounded bear is the most dangerous as it is struggling to survive!!!! ferrotte is a good qb and while i do not have his past stats ...if i recall he always seems to come up big in these situations... and if holt is on the field they have a chance!!!!

i expect a cards win as the defense is playing "out of their minds" ..... the offense may struggle but we need to stay with the ground game .....then give them a dose of boldin!!!!!

i hope the special teams realizes that hall still has some game in him!!!

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Re: same old cards?

Woody, seriously, you couldn't have possibly grown up a cards fan? I know that the franchise is one that has accomplished so much and not to mention the sheer star power that their rosters have possesed in the past. Let me simplify what exactly I am asking.

How do you become a Cards fan?

Do you own stock in the franchise?
    Did anybody close to you play or coach them?
    Are you a glutten for punishment?
    There is nothing more formidable than a raging cardinal to strike fear in the oppositions face, right?
    Were your finger paints lead based?

I guess, I took offense to the whole trap game thing. Damn, Rams should be atleast 2-2 at this point, but hey after this weekend, I may try out for a spot on their offensive line. Cards D does look good. I really like Karlos Dansby and Adrian Wilson.

I would suggest that as soon as the game is over you guys high tail it out of town before, you too get bit by the injury flesh eating troll.

Good luck and heres to a good game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

woody4cards Guest

i am a native of az which makes me a cowboys fan first and a cards fan second!! i will cheer for them as long as they do not play the boys!!! i had season tickets last year at the new staduim but had to give them up this year for work!!!
    4 weeks ago this would not have been considered a trap game.... in fact it would have been considered a game we could win but would have to play great to do it.... fast forward 4 weeks and the rams are struggling while the cards are on a journey to a place they have been to only twice ( 1974 and 1998) in some 50 plus years!!!

again i expect a game effort by the rams.... but i think the cards defense keeps them out of the end zone and a 24-9 cards victory!!!! the score will not be indicative of the game itself!!! cards put 10 on the board in the 4th qtr!!!

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by woody4cards View Post
    i am a native of az which makes me a cowboys fan first and a cards fan second!! i will cheer for them as long as they do not play the boys!!! i had season tickets last year at the new staduim but had to give them up this year for work!!!
    4 weeks ago this would not have been considered a trap game.... in fact it would have been considered a game we could win but would have to play great to do it.... fast forward 4 weeks and the rams are struggling while the cards are on a journey to a place they have been to only twice ( 1974 and 1998) in some 50 plus years!!!

again i expect a game effort by the rams.... but i think the cards defense keeps them out of the end zone and a 24-9 cards victory!!!! the score will not be indicative of the game itself!!! cards put 10 on the board in the 4th qtr!!!
    If you are a native of Arizona, how does that make you a Cowboy's fan before a Cards fan? The Cowboy's are based in TEXAS!

BTW, Boldin is OUT this weekend ...

Still confused how living in AZ makes you a Cowboy's fan first ...

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    If you are a native of Arizona, how does that make you a Cowboy's fan before a Cards fan? The Cowboy's are based in TEXAS!

BTW, Boldin is OUT this weekend ...

Still confused how living in AZ makes you a Cowboy's fan first ...
    Depending on how old he is, it does make sense.

Before Bidwell moved the Big Dead to Phoenix, Phoenix was considered a secondary market for Dallas and had all of its games shown there, etc.

Actually, back when they were still in the NFC East, the Cardinals' best games attendance wise were their annual tilts with the Cowboys.

woody4cards Guest

while growing up we would see the boys 13 of the 14 weeks on tv.... when that was the only team you saw ...its tough not to be a fan of a certain team. and my was not a sports fan so no influence there to follow his team!!! i later found out that tex schramm bought the rights to show boys games in az..... early 70's... they do that different now.... the bronocs had first refusal and said no thanks!!!!

thats why every time the boys came to sun devil stadium it was a pro cowboys crowd.... sometimes as much as 70% at its worst ( for the cards) and at its best 50%!!!

whizz was on sports radio this morning, abiut 7 am and he said it was basically up to boldin and it was a game time thing!!
    maybe that changed in the last 4 hours!!!! much better chance for a rams victory with him out!!!!

Nidan Guest

I guess we will see if you are still calling them 'Big Dead' after sunday.

As for injuries, nobody gives a hoot when the Cardinals have lots of injuries, So i don't really care about the Rams injury list. Heck We are only [probably] missing our best player in Q , #1 LT, #1 DE.

Injuries are not an excuse.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nidan View Post
    I guess we will see if you are still calling them 'Big Dead' after sunday.

As for injuries, nobody gives a hoot when the Cardinals have lots of injuries, So i don't really care about the Rams injury list. Heck We are only [probably] missing our best player in Q , #1 LT, #1 DE.

Injuries are not an excuse.
    Would you arm wrestle if you had a broken wrist?

Would you jog with a broken leg?

Nidan Guest

On this board and others, I have never seen 1 hint of sympathy for the Cardinals when we have been banged up.

The rhetoric usually goes along the lines of "lame excuse, injuries are part of football'. Why do you think we should have any sympathy for the Rams injury list now ?

Not to mention we have a number of major players out as well.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

On this board and others, I have never seen 1 hint of sympathy for the Cardinals when we have been banged up.

The rhetoric usually goes along the lines of "lame excuse, injuries are part of football'. Why do you think we should have any sympathy for the Rams injury list now ?

Not to mention we have a number of major players out as well.
    Who are the major players that are out? Dennis Green?

Nidan Guest

Oliver Ross #1 RT IR
    Levi Brown #2 RT
    Okeafor, Chike DE IR

Boldin, Anquan WR, possibly the best player on the team. Though about 5 mins ago he got upgraded to doubtful but will be game time.

So we have two starters on each line out, plus one of their backups.

Yeah right, couldn't resist a cute comment about Denny, but last time I looked DG wasn't playing for the Cardinals even last year.
    Last edited by Nidan; -10-05-2007 at 06:54 PM.

Wyoming Guest

Oliver Ross #1 RT IR
    Levi Brown #2 RT
    Okeafor, Chike DE IR

Boldin, Anquan WR, possibly the best player on the team. Though about 5 mins ago he got upgraded to doubtful but will be game time.

So we have two starters on each line out, plus one of their backups.

Yeah right, couldn't resist a cute comment about Denny, but last time I looked DG wasn't playing for the Cardinals even last year.
    Alright, you throw your backup quarterback and backup running back behind an offensive line that hasn't finished one game with the same people it started, get rid of one of your teams most important emotional leaders and then come back. I'm sorry, but injuries are an excuse in this case. We have people playing O-line who haven't been with the team a month yet!

Nidan Guest

So did we last year and I didn't see any sympathy then
    Last edited by Nidan; -10-06-2007 at 01:05 AM.

Wyoming Guest

When was your starting QB hurt? How about your starting RB? How about your HOF bound tackle? How about your HOF bound WR?

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

So did we last year and I didn't see any sympathy then
    Well, what'd you expect? The last few years all the sports writers jumped on the Cards bandwagon saying "this it the year, this is the year" then poof...next year, next year. prove your a winner and you'll get some respect. Coaches and players get paid big money to make things happen...not make excuses. Fans and Media, Thats a different story. We always find excuses and never really look at the big picture as to why our team or our weeks pick didnt produce for us.

The Rams are probably the most wounded team in the league but nobody is saying if we were 100%, we'd be the class of this division....the Rams are a forgotten team and until we prove ourselves we'll continue to make excuses as to why we didnt get it done. This division is still up for grabs and Who has the heart and desire? Players, coaches, organization?... thats what makes the difference!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast