Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: same old cards?

Nidan is offline Registered User

Re: same old cards?

I see, because the Rams were good several years ago, its ok to feel sorry for you.

Believe I do understand, long injury lists were common with the Cardinals for a number of years. Its what happens to bad teams.

Why ? IMO 2 main reasons

First one is players don't want to play through the pain for a bad team. Second the players that are playing with heart end up trying to cover for the guys who are not and end up getting hurt.

Trust me I've seen this script repeated for years. I've also seen the the results of bad drafting when player does get hurt. Until last week we were playing with an UDFA as starting center [didn't know that did you] and because of good coaching and scouting much to our collective surprise he played like an all pro. No one was more surprised than us.

This year is the first time in many years I've seen key players go down and the team not miss a beat and that prevents the cascade of injuries that I'm used to seeing follow.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Nidan,

You know not to steal your thunder, but none of your starters (O line) were established. Nor, did anybody confuse them as perennial pro bowl players. True, your team has dealt with adversity, but come on man; have you looked at the injuries the Rams are suffering? Cards have alot of talent and its good (can't believe I'm saying this) that it appears that you finally got a coach that can utilize the potential of those players.

Tomorrow, will be the end of the pleasentries. Good luck and I HOPE NO ONE GETS HURT!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

Adversity, that is the understatement of the century.

I've watched a parade of injuries kill promising seasons for years. In your case lets replace 'established' with 'old' in many cases and maybe you are seeing a problem I've seen for years with the Cardinals [until recently]'

That is poor drafting and development of young players. Hence when one of the old farts gets hurt [as they tend to], you are really hurting. Been there many times.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Isn't that how ALL (yes I'm generalizing) AZ fans are??? I mean they are a "so and so fan 1st THEN a cards fan" sort of like NFL Insurance, incase the Cards are playing poorly, which is almost always the case.

Goatherder is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    Isn't that how ALL (yes I'm generalizing) AZ fans are??? I mean they are a "so and so fan 1st THEN a cards fan" sort of like NFL Insurance, incase the Cards are playing poorly, which is almost always the case.
    Hardly.

In fact most years after we're mathematically eliminated by November, we tend to say, "at least we have the Suns."

They've been here for 20 years, longer than many of our fans have been alive. Most (but not all) fans simply bleed Cardinal red, and dislike all other teams equally. We do have a special place for the Cowgirls, Whiners, and Lambs.

woody4cards is offline Registered User

badmo!! or whatever that is!!!! the theme was to get off of the excuses!! and you bit right into it!!!! so pace is out.... who you gonna bring in???? thats the point nidan was trying to make!!!! we have players that can now step in for an injured player and the beat continues.... and in many cases those same players thats step in were here already, they finally have bought into a programk that comes with very good coahing and training!!!!

i say russ grimm for president and whizz for vp!!!! these guys are on the verge of something special!!!! and it may not be this year but it is coming!!!! and the rams will be a two times a year victim of our success!!!!!

woody4cards is offline Registered User

so blood 85!!!! whats wrong with people coming here from all over the country and remaining loyal to their home team!!!

if you moved here are you going to drop the lambs and pledge allegiance to the cards???? i doubt it!!!! of course unless your beloved rams are losing as they did for much of the 90's!!!! fact is , with the exception of a few years, you guys kind of suck also!!!!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nidan View Post
    I guess we will see if you are still calling them 'Big Dead' after sunday.

As for injuries, nobody gives a hoot when the Cardinals have lots of injuries, So i don't really care about the Rams injury list. Heck We are only [probably] missing our best player in Q , #1 LT, #1 DE.

Injuries are not an excuse.
    I give you credit for being honest, you don't care about the Rams injuries and thats fine because I don't care about the Cards injuries either,I also agree the injury excuse needs to go away,we have injuries and some of them are main guys but the Rams still have to go out there this Sunday and try to beat the Cards.so I for one will not be hiding behind the injury excuse,good luck tommorrow.

Lets hope nobody else gets injured.

Quote Originally Posted by woody4cards View Post
    badmo!! or whatever that is!!!! the theme was to get off of the excuses!! and you bit right into it!!!! so pace is out.... who you gonna bring in???? thats the point nidan was trying to make!!!! we have players that can now step in for an injured player and the beat continues.... and in many cases those same players thats step in were here already, they finally have bought into a programk that comes with very good coahing and training!!!!

i say russ grimm for president and whizz for vp!!!! these guys are on the verge of something special!!!! and it may not be this year but it is coming!!!! and the rams will be a two times a year victim of our success!!!!!

GottaWoodyTard,

Chill. Breath deep and lay off the exclamation points. I'm not trying to take away what your team has accomplished at this point. Unfortunately, when Pace went down his backup had just went down for 8wks in the last preseason game. The other backup is on the IR right now. Basically, anybody 300+ pounds can tryout for the Rams right now. But, there is hope. The Rams (hopefully) will dress their 1st string RG for the first time this season. Although, Boldin is huge for you guys I think Jackson is a little more of a loss. You know what though? I still hope that we beat the snot out of your little QB...um, Paris Hilton.

You guys are still the Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goatherder is offline Registered User

Just hang onto your excuses, boys. It's been said over and over in this thread, you don't get sympathy for injuries. It's part of football... Tackle football, that is.

If you want to follow a flag-football team, more power to you.

Here's hoping we see your third-string QB tomorrow.

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goatherder View Post
    Just hang onto your excuses, boys. It's been said over and over in this thread, you don't get sympathy for injuries. It's part of football... Tackle football, that is.

So are you hoping for an injury to our QB's? That statement sure looks like it, if you are hoping for injuries you sure are a classy person. Yes injuries are part and parcel of Football, but it doesn't mean anybody should actually wish for them...

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by woody4cards View Post
    so blood 85!!!! whats wrong with people coming here from all over the country and remaining loyal to their home team!!!

if you moved here are you going to drop the lambs and pledge allegiance to the cards???? i doubt it!!!! of course unless your beloved rams are losing as they did for much of the 90's!!!! fact is , with the exception of a few years, you guys kind of suck also!!!!
    So you admit that the cards suck?

You know what? Your right. Wont it be glorious when a crippled Rams team puts you guys in your place.

P.S. your best shot at winning this one is with the former league MVP not your little pretty boy that is afraid of defender shadows.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Goat-terd, this is your chance to keep us in the gutter. The grim reality will set in even deeper that we won't be able to get it done with what we've got. I'll make no excuses for our inabilities this year but if you lose, you'll be spanked all season long for falling asleep against a badly wounded Rams team.

The injuries to me shouldnt be an issue because we looked stale against the Panthers and the ******. We're just not getting it done and coaches and players are not producing enought to get this team to the next level. Fact is, yes we're wounded, but we brought in high profile offensive weapons that are not being put to good use. And those 1st two loses showed that we havent gelled as a team and at this stage of the season we're still having problems. Will you capitalize and drag us out of the dome with the noose stuck to our necks or will you let you guards down and fall over the trip wire.

If you lose, dare to come back tomorrow and talk to us without excuses!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast