Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    moklerman is offline Registered User

Re: Same old worries for me

Was that a comment that he made about signing autographs?
    Yeah, I think it was right before the season started and they were interviewing him in regards to being the undisputed qb of the team now. Low and behold the interview led to Kurt Warner. Bulger said something to the effect of some guys (Warner) having their own table to sign autographs after practice and how he would be handling the situation.

It isn't really a big deal, but when compared to Warner as well as coming out with a statement like he did, it painted Bulger in a really bad light to me. Not that he's a bad guy or any different than most of the guys in the NFL. But taking a bit of a shot at Warner as well as using poor judgement in the statements he made, just rubbed me the wrong way.

It's still one of the more surprising quotes I've heard from an athlete. Usually, they're smart enough not to show how jaded and disinterested they might actually be toward the fans.

Chiledog is offline Registered User

Well, you gotta admit that Warner is a tough act to follow in many respects, and one of those is his graciousness towards the fans. I've never met the guy, but from what I've heard, he always took the time to sign as many autographs as he could.

Another guy like that, who hasn't let popularity and success go to his head, is Joe Gibbs. I was at the Redskins training camp this year, and as the practice was ending, he walked down the entire line (and it was a very long one) of fans wanting autographs. He signed everything handed to him, and didn't move on down the line until everybody got one. I was very impressed by the guy, when I'm sure he had more pressing things to do.

You'd think that if Marc wants to change some of the negative ideas that are in the Rams' fans minds about him, he would take the time to at least do this. It's almost like he doesn't care what people think about him. Strange...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Chiledog
    You'd think that if Marc wants to change some of the negative ideas that are in the Rams' fans minds about him, he would take the time to at least do this.
    Don't let the sig quote fool you. Fan accounts I've heard from camp say that's exactly what he did - went down the line of people who were asking for autographs and signed for everyone who asked. He's also done some charity things here in WV.
    Last edited by Nick; -10-09-2004 at 11:27 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Chiledog is offline Registered User

Thanks for clearing that up, Nick. Its good to hear that Marc gives back to those who have made him a millionaire.
    "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie', until you can find a rock." Will Rogers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234