Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Same Ole Rams?

svh01 is offline Registered User

Same Ole Rams?

This is not a bashing thread, but more of a question. In the past the Rams never made deals for free agents (I talking about impact players) nor have we made trades for impact players. The only one I can think of was the Faulk trade and we see what the results of that was. Now that the owner situation has been worked out, we can no longer use that as an excuse not to make moves. We need WR's and a solid back up RB. Our 2 best players and our major investiments, and we are not doing much to help them. Why do you think this is? Is it a money issue? Do players not want to come here?

P.S. I'm not big on a VJax trade, don't think he will help this year. No camp, or practice, not ready until week 7, all leads to a lost season or injury.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Same Ole Rams?

Let's give Kroenke a full-offseason then ask that question.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

My thoughts are that the Rams will have to give up too much for V. Jackson.

He wants Big Money and the Chargers want multiple high draft picks. Since most of the other WR are not on the table other than Moss which is not a good fit for the Rams due to his age and he show he's not a good team player when the team is struggling ie.... raiders...

I am sure the Rams would love to add a great WR to the team but at what cost?

Go Rams

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

This is what I hate about the "Madden" effect on this generation. It gets people to thinking that an NFL team can trade away a bundle of crappy players for the #1 overall pick. Or in reverse, can trade away a bundle of low round picks for Sid Superstar.

No economic implications.
    No lockerroom implications.
    No concern for the profitability of the other team (ie. willing trade partner)

Just hey go get Sid Superstar for a 2024 seventh round pick.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv View Post
    This is what I hate about the "Madden" effect on this generation. It gets people to thinking that an NFL team can trade away a bundle of crappy players for the #1 overall pick. Or in reverse, can trade away a bundle of low round picks for Sid Superstar.

No economic implications.
    No lockerroom implications.
    No concern for the profitability of the other team (ie. willing trade partner)

Just hey go get Sid Superstar for a 2024 seventh round pick.

some fans just can not grasp reality. Just ask D. Snyder what happens when you go after every big market free agent and big name trades. You end up having Haynesworth making the most money on the team who is not a starter and very few draft picks come draft day.

Go Rams

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Let's give Kroenke a full-offseason then ask that question.
    I agree. We need to be patient. I know that might be difficult. We, as fans, haven't had much to cheer for in the past few seasons. We'll know how serious our new owner is soon enough. I'm not sure if this off-season will be the right measuring stick if there is no new CBA. We'll just have to see.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

live4ramin is offline Registered User

And it looks like there will be a lock-out next season, thus no revenue stream on top of Brad's big check. We could be quietly sitting this out, thinking the best plan right now is to patch up and wait it out.

I'm not saying I agree, but who knows how long a lock-out/strike could last. There could be no games at all in 2011.
    I'm the guy that walks up after the argument's started.

svh01 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    And it looks like there will be a lock-out next season, thus no revenue stream on top of Brad's big check. We could be quietly sitting this out, thinking the best plan right now is to patch up and wait it out.

I'm not saying I agree, but who knows how long a lock-out/strike could last. There could be no games at all in 2011.
    That's kind of my fear. If we "stay the course" and finish 3-13 (not wishing or saying that t will be the case), then we lose a whole season, it could have a worse impact. After a year away people may not care about a "losing" team. I think this team has potential. If we win the division and get to the playoffs we stand better chance of increasing revenue. I don't expect us to go Dan Synder, just wondering why we are not making more of an effort to putting a winning product on the field. This division hasn't been this winable in years for us we need to take advantage of it.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

I disagree that we aren't making an effort to put a winning product on the table. Not over-paying for a player out of desperation is not the same as not making and effort to win.

How about drafting Sam Bradford? Trading for Mark Clayton? Re-signing Atogwe? Signing Robbins? Signing J. Brown?

Were all those things just an effort to tread water?

I think you are mistaking inaction for indifference. Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make. Devaney has a lot more on the line than you do if he sells the farm for a "name" player and that guy doesn't produce. As someone else said, this isn't madden. You can't just say "I want player X" and it happens. is Vjax worth the two 2nds that the chargers supposedly wanted? Laurinitis and Saffold. That is what two 2nds is. Would you trade both of those guys for vjax? I wouldn't. And I would say NOT making that deal IS making an effort to win, because it is better for the long-term health of the franchise.

We came into this year looking like a cellar dwellar. Two good weeks and people want to mortgage the future stability of the franchise for a "quick fix" in the hopes of making the playoffs right now? Doesn't make sense.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Why do people who want to call themselves Rams fans continue using a phrase that was coined by the Whiners??? I just can't stand it. Is there no other term we as Rams fans can use besides this??? Those words will never come out of my mouth ever, because our most hated rival called us that. I just don't think you can call yourself a Rams fan and use that phrase, but thats just my opinion.

As far as the front office goes, who are they supposed to be trading for and what are we supposed to be giving up? Deion Branch sucks he wasnt worth anything to us. How many draftpicks should we be shelling out for all these great players people think teams will just give up? This front office is trying to rebuild the right way. Through the draft and through free agency getting the cheaper yet still talented guys. Who wants this team throwing huge jack at free agents who under perform anyway?

Some of you are a fan of the wrong team if your looking for instant success. This team is getting better and its not going to happen over night. No NFL team is just giving away great young talent. Its going to be another year or two maybe before this team is ready to make noise. We can see some improvement but they are not talented enough or ready for the success just yet. We are not one player away and this is why the front office isnt making trades they know this as well. We need another good draft and another smart free agency to see some more improvement. Thats several players not one aging free agent that we overpay and give up too much for. This front office is being smart and I like it. This team was too far away for instant gratification, so people need to be patient.
    Just Fix It

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I saw this thread the other day and didn't respond as the phrase (or variation thereof) pisses me off. It is time for some of you to educated about the origin of that phrase and stop using it. It isn't cute, it isn't funny, and it isn't welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Why do people who want to call themselves Rams fans continue using a phrase that was coined by the Whiners??? I just can't stand it. Is there no other term we as Rams fans can use besides this??? Those words will never come out of my mouth ever, because our most hated rival called us that. I just don't think you can call yourself a Rams fan and use that phrase, but thats just my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I saw this thread the other day and didn't respond as the phrase (or variation thereof) pisses me off. It is time for some of you to educated about the origin of that phrase and stop using it. It isn't cute, it isn't funny, and it isn't welcome.
    Same. I think I'll create a post and elaborate a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Same. I think I'll create a post and elaborate a bit more.
    You did a great job with the explanation in that thread. Rep sent your way and gratitude is extended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Trevor is offline Registered User

We are not the same team we were a year ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    We are not the same team we were a year ago!
    We are who we thought we were?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast