Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By RamsFanSam

Thread: Sam's Silver Linings - Week Eleven (Thanksgiving Edition)

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Sam's Silver Linings - Week Eleven (Thanksgiving Edition)

Embarrassing. That is the only word I can think of to describe the show the Rams put on this past Sunday. We had the opportunity to capitalize on something we haven’t seen in a long time – odds in our favor. We were the favorites for this game – three points was the most common spread I saw – yet, somehow, our lack of consistency and desire resulted in the Rams once again pulling a defeat from the jaws of victory. Somehow, some way, the Rams need to find some answers.

It seems like we find answers to minor problems with major upgrades, yet the obvious problems that are right before our eyes are not addressed. The “hot or cold” performances of the Rams this season are cause for concern. For instance, last week we faced a team that is arguably a potential Super Bowl contender; not only did we hold our own, we forced them to step up their level of play just to stay in the game.

The Rams also seem to always find a way to display our weaknesses, win or lose. For the first few weeks of this season, we had a kicker that made no mistakes. Recently, his inexperience has begun to show, and seemingly, always at the worst time.

But, enough of the criticism. I deliberately waited for Thanksgiving Day to post this week’s silver linings so we can all see what there is to be thankful for.

We have a Rams team that tries – they don’t walk on the field and immediately give up like they have in recent seasons. We have a quarterback with plenty of talent. Bradford may not put up Bradyesque numbers in every game, but he does prove his ability.

We have Danny Amendola. I don’t care who you are, you have to admit he is one tough son of a gun. I honestly think we need to change his name to Timex – he takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

We have two good cornerbacks. They may not be perfect, but they do a good job.
    We have a very good front four on defense. True – they do make mistakes. But, they do put forth an attitude and effort that would be welcome anywhere in the NFL.

We have Steven Jackson. He may be getting long in the tooth (if you don’t know the reference, ask an old person…), but he sure can pound through an opposing defense and put up yardage – and punish everyone in his way.

We have Darryl Richardson. He isn’t the bruiser that Jackson is, but he has a unique ability to find a hole and put up seemingly impossible yardage.

We have a coach that has installed something that has been missing for far too long – confidence.

We have a Rams team that most likely won’t see the post-season, but has given us something that we have truly missed – pride; the pride of knowing we support a team that CAN compete, CAN beat the unbeatable teams, CAN win, and makes us proud to support them.

We have a Rams team that now has Missouri license plates – something I have been wanting for a LONG time! This may not seem like much, but it is a big deal. I asked every year when I had to renew my tags if they knew when we were going to be able to obtain Rams license plates – every year, it was the same. This year, they’re available. You may not understand the significance of this, but to me, it means that the Rams ARE staying in St. Louis…why would they have two-year plates if they weren’t staying in Missouri?

We have one of the most diverse, intelligent, and loyal fan bases in the nation. I know this because I live in a part of the country that has mostly Chiefs fans, but also has an abnormally large amount of Cowboy fans, Oakland fans, Packers fans, and even a few fans of Chicago, New England, Tennessee, and the whiners. It’s funny – you don’t see anyone wearing Chiefs jerseys or Cowboys jerseys anymore. But – and I love this – every day, I see at least two or three people wearing Rams gear. I wear something Rams related every day – and people no longer ask if we are ever going to win a game this year.

It’s Thanksgiving. Be thankful you are a Rams fan, that we have Clan Ram, and that we have the Rams.

Next week, I will be posting a “normal” edition of Silver Linings. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: Sam's Silver Linings - Week Eleven (Thanksgiving Edition)

Thanks Sam. We often forget how far we've come this year. While there have been games like this past Sunday that make us madder than he**, we have to be thankful for the distance we've come and the brighter times ahead. Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Clanners and let's hope we get the gift of a win on Sunday.

Go Rams!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: Sam's Silver Linings - Week Eleven (Thanksgiving Edition)

if we aren't going to be SB contenders tank the rest of the games and take advantage of all the draft picks...
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8