Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RamsFanSam

Thread: Sam's Silver Linings - Week Four

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Sam's Silver Linings - Week Four

This week in St. Louis, we witnessed an extremely encouraging sight – a WIN! The Rams were 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 point underdogs, depending on which site you checked, and only one “expert” that I know of predicted a Rams victory. Supposedly, the Seahawks had one of the most powerful defenses in the NFL, and they were expected to shut the Rams down quite early and keep them down. I hate to say it, but many of the Rams fans were also looking for this to happen.

I love it when the critics are wrong – especially when they get smacked in the mouth with a Rams victory.

The offense is still fighting a major issue – an offensive line that is not only suspect, but also put together with the “best players left standing”. The biggest issue I see is named Ojinnaka. I understand that pro-bowl caliber OG’s aren’t easily found, but I expect to at least have one that can STOP the pass rush and protect our QB. I’d like to see our O-line have the dedication to Bradford that the characters of Jamal and Andre Jackson did towards Shane Falco in the movie “The Replacements”. No, I don’t want to see them shooting out anyone’s car windows – just throwing around our opponents defenders like rag dolls.

Speaking of rag dolls…can we please do something about the “Rag Dahl”? Thankfully, he didn’t cost us the game, but it sure wasn’t for lack of trying. It might someday. I know we aren’t deep at the safety position, but surely we can find a way to either motivate him or find someone who wants the job more than he does.

Now that I have done my share of complaining, I believe I am ready for this week’s “Silver Linings”. This is not going to be as easy as you might think…there are so many things to be happy about after whipping Seattle’s butt! The hardest to list is the first one – because it is supposed to be the easiest one to see – but this week, that is decided by a coin flip.

1. Puntimus Prime, also known as Hekker: For someone who doesn’t play under the center every week, he sure had a beautiful looking pass to Amendola for 6. You couldn’t ask for a more beautiful, well-executed play. I don’t think there was a single spectator who wasn’t surprised by this “trickery”.

2. Legatron: Not only did he score 12 of our 19 points with his perfectly aimed leg, he set a franchise record of 58 yards. Then, just to show Seattle just how much they suck, he broke his own record with a 60-yard, perfectly aimed shot through the uprights. I know we used to have a pretty good kicker by the name of Jeff something…anyone remember him?

3. Bradley Fletcher: I didn’t think I would ever put his name on this list, but his awareness with only a minute left made sure that Russell Wilson was going to whine like Hasselbeck.

4. Rocky McIntosh: Love the pick. I hope to continue seeing his “fire on the field”.

5. Trumaine Johnson: Not the prettiest interception I have ever seen, but for a rookie, it was gorgeous. I believe Fisher has explained what he expects from the rookies very well.

6. Our O-line: Yes, you DID read that right. Our O-line. Seattle supposedly has this really great defensive line that was going to smack Bradford down all day long. That didn’t happen. Seattle only sacked Sam twice. I know I trashed Ojinnaka earlier in this article – and I stand by that opinion – but even with him holding the door open for everyone in an ugly uniform on Sunday, the Seahawks were only able to get two sacks on Bradford.

7. Danny Amendola: Yes, he missed a couple of passes, and he didn’t put up big numbers this week, but you must admit that he is one of the most consistent receivers in the NFL. Because of Danny, opponents end up double covering him, leaving one less defender downfield to cover our other guys…which leads me to the next one…

8. Chris Givens: Fifty-two yards of perfect execution from a perfect pass. This was one of the best long balls I have seen in a long time. I won’t compare Givens to Bruce or Holt – or even Proehl – but seeing Sam toss that ball to Givens and seeing him pull it in reminded me of the GSOT days.

9. Steven Jackson: On Saturday, someone mentioned that a Seahawks fan was wondering if Jackson was going to be playing on Sunday. I said something about how Steven was rehabbing by pulling a fully loaded freight train – uphill – while Chuck Norris was pulling the other way, and Steven was only able to hit 30 MPH. That might have been a slight exaggeration. Still, Steven is a workhorse, and it almost always takes 4 or 5 defenders to bring him down.

10. Sam Bradford: No, he didn’t have a great day on Sunday. He had zero TD’s and one turnover. Still, he hung in there, and when he had the time, he put the ball right where he needed to 99% of the time. If we could just get the O-line back to what it was like when the Donut Brothers were out there, Sam would be doing things that would amaze us all.

This week, our guys are prepping for a game against ‘Zona after a short week. I hear that as of early yesterday morning, there were less than 1500 seats left for this Thursday’s game. A few years ago, during the GSOT days, opponents hated facing the Rams at our house. Seattle brags about their 12th man. The Chiefs brag about how they can make Arrowhead stadium rock. I promise you, if the Rams continue playing the way they have been so far, the EJD is going to be THE place that no one wants to play. I’m hoping that the Cards find out what the Redskins and Seahawks found out – they ain’t gonna win in our house!
    Agrajag likes this.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Sam's Silver Linings - Week Four

As always, great write-up! I hate to be that guy, but...

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    [FONT=&]

1. Puntimus Prime, also known as Hekker: For someone who doesn’t play under the center every week, he sure had a beautiful looking pass to Amendola for 6. You couldn’t ask for a more beautiful, well-executed play. I don’t think there was a single spectator who wasn’t surprised by this “trickery”.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam, '20 Random Post-Bash Weekend Toughts'
    9. TekeRam called the fake field goal play seconds before the snap.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Sam's Silver Linings - Week Four

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    As always, great write-up! I hate to be that guy, but...
    Well...I stand corrected.