Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    WestSideRamsFan Guest

samuel wants trade from patriots.....a possible chance for the rams to fix defence?

samuel wants to be traded rom the pats....imagine the possibilities with him and tye hill lined up at opposite side....this will give our line more time to reach the QB...cause gettting open will be a whole lot harder. I also don't wanna hear that we should build through the draft and blah blah blah. what happened to all the linemen we took in the 1st round? we need to improve now because our receivers are getting old and they are very important to our offense. imo its now or never for the rams. I'm wiling to give up some picks for a proven CB. our secondary is not that good and chavous is so old he used to line up against jesus in his college days.
    Last edited by WestSideRamsFan; -04-05-2007 at 05:23 PM.

WestSideRamsFan Guest

Re: samuel wants trade from patriots.....a possible chance for the rams to fix defenc

Quote Originally Posted by Facing-The-Giant View Post
    We Can't Afford him. we have 8.5 Million in cap space. he will want about 30 million with about a 15 million bonus. we would not have enough to sign our rookies.
    r u sure we only have that much? then why dd linehan say he was trying to chase porter when we probably couldn't afford him either? I think ur wrong about the cap space. any links?

Drew is offline Registered User

Re: samuel wants trade from patriots.....a possible chance for the rams to fix defenc

i dont want samuel,yes he`s good but he plays a position we are strong enough at,butter needs to be spread!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

We aren't that strong...unless you think Fakhir Brown is a starting CB in this league. However, our main concern on defense really isn't in the secondary. It's a concern, but not a main one.

Drew is offline Registered User

i should have said i dont want us spending all or most our money on samuel,when it would be better spent elsewhere in areas of our D that we are weaker at,i dont think we are strong at CB not yet anyway,lets see how our young uns develop first, but certainly i think its our least area of need on our D!

if samuel is goin for minimum wage then hell yeah but hes gonna want to empty our cookie jar!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'm not that concerned about the money, but I expect he'd probably cost us our first round pick and that would not be in our best interests.

general counsel is offline Registered User

If they want to trade richard seymour, i am very interested. We are not going to pay the price for samuels for the same reason that we didnt offer nate clements the money he wanted

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Varg6 is offline Registered User

The reason he wants a trade is because he's not getting the money he wants, why would we want to pull what the whiners did with their checkbook? No thanks.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRamsFan View Post
    I'm wiling to give up some picks for a proven CB.
    Are you willing to give up a first rounder? Because the Patriots received a first round pick for Deion Branch so there's no way they're getting anything less for Samuel after the season he had. Then consider you'll have to sign him to a Clements-like contract, and when it's all said and done, we'll have still done nothing to improve our defensive front.

Thanks but no thanks. I don't think this kind of move would help us much at all, at least not in the areas where we need the most help.

jjigga3000 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Facing-The-Giant View Post
    We Can't Afford him. we have 8.5 Million in cap space. he will want about 30 million with about a 15 million bonus. we would not have enough to sign our rookies.
    We have way more than 8.5. LOL We had 30 mil at the beginning of Free Agency. We didn't spend 22 mil. We have more like 17-20 mil left.

jjigga3000 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRamsFan View Post
    r u sure we only have that much? then why dd linehan say he was trying to chase porter when we probably couldn't afford him either? I think ur wrong about the cap space. any links?
    He's wrong about the cap space.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    He's wrong about the cap space.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    We have way more than 8.5. LOL We had 30 mil at the beginning of Free Agency. We didn't spend 22 mil. We have more like 17-20 mil left.
    Actually according to Jim Thomas and the latest figures from the NFLPA we have about 8.6 million in cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Disco Man View Post
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    04/04/2007

The three-year contract signed by free-agent linebacker Chris Draft is for $4.28 million. It includes a $1.3 million signing bonus and base salaries of $720,000 in 07, $830,000 in 08, and $1.225 million in 09. The deal also includes offseason workout bonuses of $100,000 in both 08 and 09.

The one-year contract signed by cornerback Mike Rumph is worth $595,000, with no signing bonus.

Latest figures from the NFL Players Association shows the Rams with $8.6 million of cap space.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

blood85 is offline Registered User

I don't think we are strong at DB, and I don't think we could afford Samuel

npow81 is offline Registered User

You don't want to hear all the 'blah blah blah about building through the draft yet you want to team Samuel with Tye and 'imagine the possibilities'. i don't remember where did we get Tye Hill?--and whereabouts did we get him?--oh that's right the draft--and at two picks later than the 13th pick. Maybe we should stop calling for pipe dream players for large salaries when Linehan and co. should be given the opportunity to show that they are drafting the right players (i.e. Hill) and avoiding the busts your so afraid of (i.e. Kennedy) and spending way less salary cap $$$ in the process

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by npow81 View Post
    You don't want to hear all the 'blah blah blah about building through the draft yet you want to team Samuel with Tye and 'imagine the possibilities'. i don't remember where did we get Tye Hill?--and whereabouts did we get him?--oh that's right the draft--and at two picks later than the 13th pick. Maybe we should stop calling for pipe dream players for large salaries when Linehan and co. should be given the opportunity to show that they are drafting the right players (i.e. Hill) and avoiding the busts your so afraid of (i.e. Kennedy) and spending way less salary cap $$$ in the process
    Good points and welcome to the board,Championships are built through the draft and not by signing the biggest name guys to mega-money deals..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast