Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rambos

Thread: Sando: 100-Yard Drought: Jackson vs. Seahawks

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Sando: 100-Yard Drought: Jackson vs. Seahawks

100 Yard-Drought: Jackson vs. Seahawks

By Mike Sando
    November 17, 2011

Steven Jackson has played 14 regular-season and postseason games against the Seattle Seahawks, more than he's played against any other team.

Not once in those 14 games has Jackson reached 100 yards rushing. He has reached 100 yards in 30 career games and is riding a three-game streak with at least 128. But with the Seahawks coming to the Edward Jones Dome in Week 11, that streak appears in danger.

"Those four down guys for Seattle are disruptive," Rams offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels told reporters this week. "They're very big. Itís probably one of the better fronts we'll play all year."

The Seahawks rank fourth in rushing yards allowed per play. They ranked first not long ago, but a rough game against the Dallas Cowboys' DeMarco Murray set back the average. Baltimore hardly tried to run against Seattle last week, a surprise even though the Ravens fell behind early.

The Cowboys gave the Seahawks' linebackers problems with a two-back offense featuring fullback Tony Fiammetta. The Rams' Jackson has gained 541 of his 707 yards rushing without a second back on the field, according to ESPN Stats & Information. St. Louis has been effective running Jackson from shotgun formations.

"They're doing some shotgun split bellies and (other) misdirection things to try to create confusion and blocks that really aren't held for a long periods of time," Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley told 710ESPN Seattle. "He's been successful. They are gaining confidence in doing it. We're anticipating some of the same things we saw against Dallas and then some of the plays they've been successful the last few weeks."

Rambos is online now Registered User

Re: Sando: 100-Yard Drought: Jackson vs. Seahawks

"They're doing some shotgun split bellies and (other) misdirection things to try to create confusion and blocks that really aren't held for a long periods of time,"
    Blocks that really aren't held for a long periods of time, so sad... we have to design run plays for the O lines lack of skills. Can we get some misdirection things to try to create confusion on pass protection as well.
    live4ramin and Tampa_Ram like this.

shower beers is online now Registered User

This seems to be the one facet of our offense that is working well right now. I believe it will continue! Jackson's on a roll right now, and is playing with that edge we need.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

I think he gets it.We are at home i like our chances in this game and i like SJ to get 110ish.I wish we were wearing out throwbacks because SJ looks so intimidating in that uniform,Our team looks better honestly as a whole and i feel like it gives us that moxy/swag we need to get some momentum.If u cant tell im a big fan of the throwbacks we wore against the Saints and we should wear those fulltime.

LA Rammer is online now Registered User

he gets it no doubt!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8