Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Sando: How Quickly Rams Can Win The NFC West

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Re: Sando: How Quickly Rams Can Win The NFC West

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    Should be an interesting regular-season when the games, threads, and the comments count, eh! Looking forward to having some dialogues at that point. In the meantime, have a great off-season. Love the 'hat.' It makes you look a lot less ominous.
    Taking random shots at Breaking Bad will definitely make you look like the bigger man in this discussion.... Maybe if you stopped being such a huge troll then people on this forum wouldn't be so hostile towards you.

As for the actual topic, coaches are all spending this off season figuring out how to stop the option so there is a large possibility that Wilson and Kaepernick could regress. The ***** and Seahawks will probably be threats for years to come though because of how well rounded and well coached their teams are on both sides of the ball.

Also, does anyone have an ESPN insider account that could post Chris Sprow's article.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    Taking random shots at Breaking Bad will definitely make you look like the bigger man in this discussion.... Maybe if you stopped being such a huge troll then people on this forum wouldn't be so hostile towards you.
    As for the actual topic, coaches are all spending this off season figuring out how to stop the option so there is a large possibility that Wilson and Kaepernick could regress. The ***** and Seahawks will probably be threats for years to come though because of how well rounded and well coached their teams are on both sides of the ball.
    Also, does anyone have an ESPN insider account that could post Chris Sprow's article.
    1. How do you define a troll? My take is that fan-forum posters who throw the term around usually loosely, define a troll as someone with whom they disagree.
    2. I understand coaches are trying to figure out how to defend the option, and my point was that OCs aren't sitting around on their hands either and they're trying to figure out how to keep their offenses, whatever they may be, less vulnerable. Perhaps that's how the read-option was first designed.
    3. I assume that the article in question is the following (You don't need an ESPN Insider account to access it. A search engine does the trick):
    Chris Sprow NFL - ESPN

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

What's so great about the NFL is that it's unpredictable. It was like two years ago the talk in the AFC North was between Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Cincinnati out of no where came into the mix that same year. We can be that team. We are on no one's radar and it's best to fly under that radar. 2-3 years is a good prediction.
    PARamfan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by J-RodRamFan View Post
    What's so great about the NFL is that it's unpredictable. It was like two years ago the talk in the AFC North was between Pittsburgh and Baltimore. Cincinnati out of no where came into the mix that same year. We can be that team. We are on no one's radar and it's best to fly under that radar. 2-3 years is a good prediction.
    I agree wholeheartedly. The Rams, IMHO, can be a SB contender by the 2015 season, but it's ominous that that's the year that they can also head out of STL for parts unknown. I'm hoping for the former but not the latter.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

1. How do you define a troll? My take is that fan-forum posters who throw the term around usually loosely, define a troll as someone with whom they disagree.
    2. I understand coaches are trying to figure out how to defend the option, and my point was that OCs aren't sitting around on their hands either and they're trying to figure out how to keep their offenses, whatever they may be, less vulnerable. Perhaps that's how the read-option was first designed.
    3. I assume that the article in question is the following (You don't need an ESPN Insider account to access it. A search engine does the trick):
    Chris Sprow NFL - ESPN
    On item #1, i.e. the definition of "Troll" .. My understanding is that the term (in this particular instance) is used to describe individuals who visit a particular NFL team's forum or forums pretending to be a fan of said team when they are most assuredly not. They visit now and then just to stir up the pot. Just my take on it when the term is applied on fooball forums. IMO, you fail to meet that criteria. I believe you to be a Rams fan. If the troll term merely referred to folks who disagree, then every one of us here would at one time or another be "trolls."

I beg to differ on #3 - I went to the link, and after a paragraph or two the reader is informed:
    " To read the full article on why the St. Louis Rams could challenge in the NFC West, you must be an ESPN Insider."

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    On item #1, i.e. the definition of "Troll" .. My understanding is that the term (in this particular instance) is used to describe individuals who visit a particular NFL team's forum or forums pretending to be a fan of said team when they are most assuredly not. They visit now and then just to stir up the pot. Just my take on it when the term is applied on fooball forums. IMO, you fail to meet that criteria. I believe you to be a Rams fan. If the troll term merely referred to folks who disagree, then every one of us here would at one time or another be "trolls."

I beg to differ on #3 - I went to the link, and after a paragraph or two the reader is informed:
    " To read the full article on why the St. Louis Rams could challenge in the NFC West, you must be an ESPN Insider."
    On Item #1, if you don't believe me to be a troll, which I'm not (Trolls don't spend tens of thousands of dollars on season tickets including Club Level (since the Rams came to St. Louis); preferred season parking spots; 'road trips' to Rams away games including London); and Rams memorabilia and Rams fund-raising events, why did you use that term in your post. Either you believe me to be one or you don't. I'm not, btw.

On Item #3 you're correct, I just assumed that spending a few bucks or have an app on your I-Phone or Smart-Phone, to become one isn't a big deal, but that you hadn't found the link in question. It's not very expensive IMO especially compared to Item #1, but a great way to follow the Rams.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    "Troll" is short for Toronto Ram Only Likes Lamentations.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    "Troll" is short for Toronto Ram Only Likes Lamentations.
    Avenger, whomever you are, I don't appreciate your humor, which perhaps sounds more like 'flaming.' NM! If you don't like my posts then don't read them and if you do then reply, but I will always keep my replies civil, respectful, and thoughtful. Perhaps you'd consider doing the same. BTW, nice avatar! Scary!
    P.S. Do you know what a 'lamentation' is. I'm not sure!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam

Avenger, whomever you are, I don't appreciate your humor, which perhaps sounds more like 'flaming.' NM! If you don't like my posts then don't read them and if you do then reply, but I will always keep my replies civil, respectful, and thoughtful. Perhaps you'd consider doing the same. BTW, nice avatar! Scary!
    P.S. Do you know what a 'lamentation' is. I'm not sure!
    Actually, I'd say that's a perfect word to describe your constant negativity. The fact that it perfectly completed the Troll acronym... well that's just Kismet.

Fans who throw around terms like 'troll' or 'tool' (btw neither is an acronym) IMHO are fans who can't stand to hear their team criticized, even if the criticism is reasonable, which means they probably refuse to listen to certain cable network sports programs or read certain sports columnists. And, I suspect that some members of fan forums, including this one, are timid about expressing their opinions and perhaps don't do so for fear of being labelled or belittled; or are intimited by not thinking that they are as football savvy as some other posters, which kind of defeats the purpose of a fan forum in the public domain. IMO, decorum on a fan forum or in life in general is simple:

-Be respectful even when disagreeing with someone (e.g. avoid flaming/name calling)
    -Speak one's mind (accolades and criticism of a team are equally acceptable)
    -Don't be threatened if someone disagrees or criticizes their team

Perhaps we disagree on much if not all of the aforementioned, in which case I suppose we'll agree to disagree; and I'll continue to express my opinions honestly and reply to other posts respectfully (e.g. within the board's rules of decorum and common decency).
    Last edited by TorontoRam; -03-26-2013 at 08:02 AM.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Alright, let's get back on topic here please.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The San Francisco ***** and Seattle Seahawks are benefiting from having low-cost quarterbacks playing at a high level. The Rams are not benefiting from that dynamic, but their 2012 trade with the Washington Redskins will give them cheap labor for years to come -- all part of a plan to build with young talent.
    Very good point. The fact that we're already competing with them bodes well for our future. Not only that Kaepernick & Russell may regress due to defenses "figuring them out", but if they actually maintain their recent play, they'll be asking for huge contracts. That takes away from the rest of their team, while we continue building at other positions. I like that.
    Last edited by evil disco man; -03-26-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evil disco man View Post
    Very good point. The fact that we're already competing with them bodes well for our future. Not only that Kaepernick & Russell may regress due to defenses "figuring them out", but if they actually maintain their recent play, they'll be asking for huge contracts. That takes away from the rest of their team, while we continue building at other positions. I like that.
    You post suggests that the Rams will be in pretty good shape in three seasons, which makes a lot of sense. Since their focus seems to be on cost savings and the Draft I do hope they draft wisely. We'll see.

On Item #1, if you don't believe me to be a troll, which I'm not (Trolls don't spend tens of thousands of dollars on season tickets including Club Level (since the Rams came to St. Louis); preferred season parking spots; 'road trips' to Rams away games including London); and Rams memorabilia and Rams fund-raising events, why did you use that term in your post. Either you believe me to be one or you don't. I'm not, btw.
    Actually Toronto, you asked the question: “How do you define a troll? I responded with my own take on the term, and in the process stated that IMO you were not. Maybe you should reread my post.

On Item #3 you're correct, I just assumed that spending a few bucks or have an app on your I-Phone or Smart-Phone, to become one isn't a big deal, but that you hadn't found the link in question. It's not very expensive IMO especially compared to Item #1, but a great way to follow the Rams.

It assumed that one could read the entire article without having to join. I was an "insider" member for several years, and eventually came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the price of admission. I get to read as good or better commentary here on this forum. I consider Nick a better source of information (particularly around draft time) than ESPN Insider, and he's free - well, so far anyway.

We did very well in our division last year, certainly better than I expected. Seeing as we have two number ones in 2013, and again in 2014, I expect we will improve each year. Fish & Snead are going to custom craft a team to compete with and defeat the teams in our division. I'd say they're off to a good start. I heard a radio interview with a whiner player just prior to the Super Bowl, (can't remember his name, sorry) in which the player said that the Rams were the most physical team the niners had played all year. Wow - that's a far cry from the days of SLOP. Could we win this year? Absolutely! Will we? Maybe. One thing's sure - we'll have a lot of fun trying.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast