Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Sando: Rams NFL's worst team?

Power rankings: Rams NFL's worst team?

By Mike Sando

The Seattle Seahawks ranked last in ESPN's most recent NFL power rankings.

Should another team from the NFC West replace them at No. 32? Five things to consider regarding the St. Louis Rams:
    • The Rams, like the Kansas City Chiefs, have yet to run an offensive play this season while leading their opponent. Seattle and Miami had not before Sunday.
    • Each of the Rams' three opponents this season has returned a Sam Bradford fumble for a touchdown. The Rams' offense has only three touchdowns. Discouraging math there.
    • Steven Jackson still isn't ready to contribute fully. He was active Sunday, but played sparingly and made no difference.
    • The Rams have not yet scored in a fourth quarter this season.
    • For all their problems on offense, the Rams have allowed more rushing yards than any team in the league. They rank 31st in yards allowed per carry. They are 31st in point differential per game, ahead of only the Chiefs. But the Chiefs were competitive in defeat Sunday, losing 20-17 at San Diego.

Where would you rank the Rams? Which teams are worse?

punahou is offline Registered User

Re: Sando: Rams NFL's worst team?

"...For all their problems on offense, the Rams have allowed more rushing yards than any team in the league. They rank 31st in yards allowed per carry. They are 31st in point differential per game, ahead of only the Chiefs. But the Chiefs were competitive in defeat Sunday, losing 20-17 at San Diego...."

All I have to say is this

Nd Suh > Bradford (rushing yard cure)
    Colt Mcoy > Bradford (Qb cure)
    MOher > JSmith (Im glad we like to look for potential in a #1 pick, rather than rock solid playing performance)
    Pettis/Salas/Kendrick in rounds 2-3-4 = more contribute to lack of offense as well.

Rams have needed help since Vermiel 'stepped down' to go coach the Chiefs.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

There's no way I would take McCoy over Bradford. Not then and not now. As far as taking Bradford over Suh, We had to do it. Our franchise was in dire need of a Superstar QB and he will be just that.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Sadly, very familiar territory and landscape I assumed we would never see this year. Tough to talk about woulda and couldas since w ehave who we have. I am very interested to see what transpires with Coaching staff/GM given new ownership. This is all on current regime. Poor tacking, no heart, penalties galore just horrible execution from this team.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    "...For all their problems on offense, the Rams have allowed more rushing yards than any team in the league. They rank 31st in yards allowed per carry. They are 31st in point differential per game, ahead of only the Chiefs. But the Chiefs were competitive in defeat Sunday, losing 20-17 at San Diego...."

All I have to say is this

Nd Suh > Bradford (rushing yard cure)
    Colt Mcoy > Bradford (Qb cure)
    MOher > JSmith (Im glad we like to look for potential in a #1 pick, rather than rock solid playing performance)
    Pettis/Salas/Kendrick in rounds 2-3-4 = more contribute to lack of offense as well.

Rams have needed help since Vermiel 'stepped down' to go coach the Chiefs.
    Really as it looks now Bulger was no worse that Bradford is now. Colt McCoy has won a game this year. Another point which really pisses me off, is the fact we had Ryan Fitzpatrick and we gave him away. Mike Martz knows how to pick em.

heff is offline Registered User

Myopic nonsense to say Colt/Bulger are better than Bradford.

Myopic and stupid, anyway.

sonnyjames is offline Registered User

Bulger was definitely worse (esp for the longer run), but his problems then stemmed from the same ones Sam faces now. Namely an O line that gives him a window of about a second to throw and receivers who either can't consistently catch, get downfield or find separation.

It's like sticking a blu ray disc into a VHS player. Until we upgrade everything around him, Sam's development will suffer, as will this team. Feel for him, as I did for Bulger (who was made to look a lot worse than he really was).

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

No we are not the worst team in the league. And no I would not take Suh and McCoy over Bradford and Saffold, thats just being plain stupid.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    There's no way I would take McCoy over Bradford. Not then and not now. As far as taking Bradford over Suh, We had to do it. Our franchise was in dire need of a Superstar QB and he will be just that.
    He'll be a superstar if he can stay alive long enough ...

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    No we are not the worst team in the league. And no I would not take Suh and McCoy over Bradford and Saffold, thats just being plain stupid.
    Sosa, in your opinion, given what you have witnessed this year so far and thinking very objectively, who is the worst tream in the NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Sosa, in your opinion, given what you have witnessed this year so far and thinking very objectively, who is the worst tream in the NFL?
    I honestly do believe the Chiefs and the Seahawks are worse. Lets not forget who we've faced these past 3 games.

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

It's amazing how quick people are turning their backs on Sam "Superbowl" Bradford.

I remember when we finally beat the seahags, and niners, and cardinals and how people were rejoicing and saying that Bradford was in the top 10 best in the league.

Before ya'll say bradford sucks, remember the first 5 games of last year with clayton. You give bradford a receiver, and it doesn't have to be Jerry Rice, and he would be unstoppable. Peyton Manning won 4 games in 2 years i believe, so be patient.

As much as i would've loved suh, like we said last year. only thing suh would've done was change the score from 52-3 to 32-6. We needed Bradford and now we got him, HE NEEDS SOME FREAKIN RECEIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The year is rough so far. Playing the Eagles with a super fresh Micheal Vick and without SJ is hard. Playing the Giants at home on monday night without SJ is hard. Playing against a pissed off Ravens team is probably the hardest thing anyone can do.

Relax guys. Sooner or later they coaches will unleash the beast known as bradford and before you know it, we will be The Greatest Show on Turf Version 2

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I honestly do believe the Chiefs and the Seahawks are worse. Lets not forget who we've faced these past 3 games.
    I have not seen the Seahawks or Chiefs play this year. If their play has been more woeful then the Rams, I feel for their fans!!

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I have not seen the Seahawks or Chiefs play this year. If their play has been more woeful then the Rams, I feel for their fans!!
    Were not far from them though. At least we have been getting demolished by good teams...on the other hand the Seahawks, look terrible. Biggest mistake of my life was drafting Zach Miller in my fantasy league. Goes from pro bowler, to the worst TE in football.