Thread: Save Bulger?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Save Bulger?

Bulger's been through hell this year and has obviously been playing hurt. He's a warrior, but I've got to believe at this point, he needs the opportunity to heal completely and not play until his shoulder is 100%.

With the state of the team after today's debacle, most notably an offensive line in shambles, the risk of playing Bulger is not worth the reward of something that has almost no chance of happening this year.

majorram is offline Registered User

Re: Save Bulger?

I agree totally, hes a warrior alright..

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

SFCRamFan Guest

I feel badly for him. Unfortunately, this may be the type of nagging injury that will continue to haunt him; i.e. Kurt's hand (which actually looked fine today). At 4-6 I say shut him down for the duration and let him heal.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Agree!; However, The RAMS Need To Start Looking Elsewhere For Another QB.(Bulger's A Little Fragile). I Propose Phillip Rivers In San Diego.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Save Bulger. We'll need him next year.
    Put in Fitz. Martin isn't getting younger, and isn't that great anyway.
    Find a way to re-sign Smoker. He might not be lighting up the practice field when he's with us, but he might do good as a backup someday.

OH - fix the freakin' O-Line! if our QB is vunerable, it doesn't matter WHO is our QB!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    Find a way to re-sign Smoker.
    Smoker is on the Eagles practice squad right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Some of the excuses made for Jared Cook are laughable.

bruce_wannabe Guest

anything can still happen guys, keep the faith!!!!!!!!! i know being a realist it isnt likely, but stranger things have happened...

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_wannabe
    anything can still happen guys, keep the faith!!!!!!!!! i know being a realist it isnt likely, but stranger things have happened...
    I became a Rams fan at the urging of Mom during the '99 pre-season.
    I used to be a cheesehead. I knew the '98 Rams had no hope. There was NO way they would ever have a winning record in '99, let alone make it to the playoffs. Still, I liked the way they played. I decided to give them a shot.
    I have NEVER looked back.
    The Rams have gotten me so intensely into football that my co-workers already decided I need a football shaped coffin when I die, as well as getting buried in one of my Autographed jerseys.
    It looks dark now....but living in tornado alley, I learned that darkness isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes, after the sun goes down, those terrifying storms lose their strength, and the skies clear, making the next morning a beautiful thing.
    It's definitely dark now...and will probably get darker before the morning. But...believe, Rams fans. As long as God wants another day to dawn, it will. And soon, one of those days will be so beautiful that you will feel justified in believing. It has happenned before...and I was there to witness it, just like most of you. It will happen again.
    Bulger WILL be back. He's too darn good not to be back. When he returns (maybe next year...maybe later this year) things will start looking better. And come 2006....once again we have the chance to make the '72 Dolphins sweat on our way to the Super Bowl.
    BW....good response!

STLRAMSFAN Guest

The one Bulger got taken out on Jackson did not pick the guy up. He also tried but failed miserably to pick up the last one that Martin fumbled on.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    The one Bulger got taken out on Jackson did not pick the guy up. He also tried but failed miserably to pick up the last one that Martin fumbled on.
    Wilson got through, because Jackson picked up Huff. If Jackson had stopped Wilson, it would have been Huff with the hit. Either way, Jackson can't block two blitzers.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828
    Agree!; However, The RAMS Need To Start Looking Elsewhere For Another QB.(Bulger's A Little Fragile). I Propose Phillip Rivers In San Diego.
    Bulger's injury history - specifically with that shoulder - is starting to worry me a bit as well, but Rivers would cost at the very least a second round pick, and I think we need our first day picks to address other more glaring needs.

We have a young QB in Fitz that we can try to develop. If Bulger is going to miss significant time, I'd also like to see Fitz get some playing time under his belt so we can try to get a better evaluation of where he is and his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Smoker is on the Eagles practice squad right now.
    Practice squad players can be signed by other teams, so technically we could resign him.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!