Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RamsInfiniti

Thread: Say what you want about Gibson ...

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Say what you want about Gibson ...

He did have one drop that cost us a first down. The other drop were Bradford threw it across his body would have been a difficult grab for any wideout ...

But he got behind Samuel once on a sick double move and drew a penalty ...

He also got behind Asomghua not once, but twice, once for a 31 yard gain, and another for a 41 yard pass interference .,,

Also made a big block on Jackson's TD run ...

So if you are going to flame the guy, don't forget to talk about things he did well ....

And please find me a game where a WR put up 72 yards on Asomghua, EVER ....
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -09-11-2011 at 08:56 PM.
    ManofGod likes this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Say what you want about Gibson ...

The last thing I wanted to see from Gibson was dropped balls and not knowing where the first down marker is when he sits down on a route. He looked good all preseason then he does this, we are counting on him big time.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Not knowing where the first down marker is, that's inexcusable. I'm not writing him off, but he needs to cut down on the mistakes. We need him to step up and be the #1, because he is the only plausible one we have right now.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

He did get behind Nnamdi on the deep completion down the sideline, very true and he deserves credit for a great diving catch.

I suppose he got behind Nnamdi on the interference play in the most literal sense of the word, though it looked to me like Nnamdi was step for step with him, obviously close enough to get a hand on his shoulderpads for the foul. So I don't know how big of an accomplishment that one really is if the defender is in his pocket. Maybe I'm remembering it incorrectly.

That said, I think Rambos brings up a good point here. Two of Gibson's problems in the past have been drops and a lack of awareness of the first down marker. Both of those reared their ugly heads today despite what was reported to be a great offseason.

I hope this was an aberration and he comes on stronger from this point forward.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

After seeing all the drops, and Amendola out, I say we put Amendola on IR and call Avery up (did anyone sign him yet?).

Or cut someone else, but either way, give Avery a call. That may have been the best secondary in the NFL, but clearly we have not upgraded all that much at WR, and with Amendola out, it could be a long season.

Sims-Walker and Gibson just don't seem like the upgrade we were hoping for, especially without Amendola.

Maybe Salas can play the slot?

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    Maybe Salas can play the slot?
    Salas looked pretty good in the slot, he just needs to step up, which I think he can. I dont think Avery would come back since it seems he wanted to be a top 3 WR.. I think we'd bring back Clayton to the starting rotation before Avery gets called up

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Salas looked pretty good in the slot, he just needs to step up, which I think he can. I dont think Avery would come back since it seems he wanted to be a top 3 WR.. I think we'd bring back Clayton to the starting rotation before Avery gets called up
    You can't bring him back. He is on the PUP list.

Avery shouldn't have been let go in the first place. Now he needs to be brought back before he goes somewhere else.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

We have to accept he is our #1 which i still dont get MSW is still better forget what kind of pre season he had he is a baller and can flat out play we didnt give him enough chances sunday.And about gibson or any of our wr's,none of them would be a #1 or 2 on almost any team they are not good but we have to play them so we as fans try to defend them.It seems every other team in the leagues has a random WR that has a big game here and there but isnt a high end receiver except us.Our subpar wideouts are subpar week in and week out.Mark clayton is our only legitimate WR on this roster than when healthy can play week in week out and perform.Its a shame he is hurt and who knows what form he comes bak in but i can only imagine what Sam/offense could do if we had 1 or 2 more like Mark let stud WR's.We would do some serious damage we got the o-line when healthy,top 5 RB and great QB.....we need quality WR's.We are throwing sams talent and potential down the drain if we dont address this at some time hopefully sooner rather than later.Lets not put Sam in the sam situation as the eagles did for years no WR's,but the 1 year they gave him a weapon ie TO what happened???SUPERBOWL.Get him legit wideouts young or veteran dont care and let sam play.Sry for rant im frustrated

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

And please no1 say anything about DX,i defended this guy for as long as i could im not sipping this kids kool aid anymore.Part of the game is staying healthy,you cant say if he could stay healthy he would be great that doesnt make sense thats way to big an exception to just give the benefit of the doubt forever.Health is part of the game if you cant get on the field how can u say your good if your never available to play?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    And please no1 say anything about DX,i defended this guy for as long as i could im not sipping this kids kool aid anymore.Part of the game is staying healthy,you cant say if he could stay healthy he would be great that doesnt make sense thats way to big an exception to just give the benefit of the doubt forever.Health is part of the game if you cant get on the field how can u say your good if your never available to play?
    DX was or is not hurt, he did not play coach Spags went with Curry to have the best ST player up.

Keenum is offline Registered User

I agree, Gibson did have some bad plays, but also had some very nice plays right up there with the best of the best. I think he's got the potential to be an outstanding WR, but he's still got a way to go.