Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Say your final Goodbyes now!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Say your final Goodbyes now!

Mike, you're absolutely correct in that McD never lived up to the hype, but I really don't think that bringing him in on a win or out situation was correct. It took a year of bad offense for Denver to explode in year two. We saw what Lloyd could do in the offense only after Bradford got hurt.

Now, we have nothing to show for bringing him in other than making Sam learn another offense as we strive to AlexSmith his career and giving away a fifth round pick for 2 wins. Are we going to franchise Lloyd? I can't imagine that, and I also can't blame him in the least. If you suddenly did amazing work while working for a manager and then he left the company and you still did ok work but not great, and then he offers you a good paying job in his new company, are you going to stay loyal to your job or are you going to go be more successful and probably make more money in that new company?

I have absolutely no question in my mind that Lloyd will go to the Pats and Ouchostinko will be looking for a new job. So say your good byes to him too. Unfortunately, I don't think we can possibly look towards anything but Blackmon now(not even a trade down), unless we somehow splash a huge FA.

I believe!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

You know whats funny? For running the worst offense in the league, McDaniels gets rewarded and now has a chance at a SB.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Mike, you're absolutely correct in that McD never lived up to the hype, but I really don't think that bringing him in on a win or out situation was correct. It took a year of bad offense for Denver to explode in year two. We saw what Lloyd could do in the offense only after Bradford got hurt.
    Geoff, I don't really think it was a win or out situation. He literally did nothing with the offense and regularly made bizarre play calls, failed to adjust for the OL failures, and didn't seem to know what to do with his best weapon Jackson. There is no doubt he was in a tough situation, but he didn't make the most of what he had to work with IMO. His full steam ahead approach come hell or high water was a disaster that nearly got Bradford killed. In Denver, his offenses dropped off from what Shanahan had done the year before and were pretty much middle of the pack. His head in hands sideline moment and having Jackson scream at him how to call goal line plays were the final straws for me. Maybe he could have improved things with another year, but I'm glad the Rams aren't taking the chance to find out.

As far as Lloyd, if he wants to follow McDaniels around the league, so be it. I just don't think a package deal would have been in the Rams best interest.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    You know whats funny? For running the worst offense in the league, McDaniels gets rewarded and now has a chance at a SB.
    Remember our Center at the end of Linehan Era called Nick Leckey?..seemed pretty bad with us,left and

joined the Saints then got a ring the next season after he left us.

even Tye Hill ended up on a better team (Atlanta).

players get coaches demoted (sacked and usually sent to a lower coaching role in next location) players get cut and have many times been rewarded by joining a currently better team.

as far as i know,it`s something pretty rare if it`s happened atall for a coach to switch sides in the same season.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Geoff, I don't really think it was a win or out situation. He literally did nothing with the offense and regularly made bizarre play calls, failed to adjust for the OL failures, and didn't seem to know what to do with his best weapon Jackson. There is no doubt he was in a tough situation, but he didn't make the most of what he had to work with IMO. His full steam ahead approach come hell or high water was a disaster that nearly got Bradford killed. In Denver, his offenses dropped off from what Shanahan had done the year before and were pretty much middle of the pack. His head in hands sideline moment and having Jackson scream at him how to call goal line plays were the final straws for me. Maybe he could have improved things with another year, but I'm glad the Rams aren't taking the chance to find out.

As far as Lloyd, if he wants to follow McDaniels around the league, so be it. I just don't think a package deal would have been in the Rams best interest.
    Exactly what I was thinking. People were so worried about Lloyd leaving that they actually wanted to keep this moron. Its not the fact that the offense was the worst in the league, its because why. All those 3rd and 1's and 4th and 1's that were given to Britt Miller? All the failures to adjust to what the defenses were showing? The fact that we didn't run 1 max protection until both Bradford and Feeley went down and we had to use Clemens.

This guy is a complete idiot. The only reason he looked good in NE and why he will look good is because of Belicheck and Brady.

RealRam is offline Registered User

To reiterate on JMcD's situation and JFisher's possibility (I didn't see this article in the other threads). I hope you don't mind Sosa39...

Farewell Josh. Hello Jeff?

BY JIM THOMAS
    Posted: Friday, January 6, 2012 7:49 pm

Late Friday afternoon, the St. Louis Rams granted permission to the New England Patriots to interview offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. Could that be a sign that Jeff Fisher is headed to St. Louis as the next Rams football coach?

McDaniels still had a year left on his Rams contract once head coach Steve Spagnuolo is fired. From a St. Louis standpoint it made sense to keep McDaniels around until a new head coach is hired _ just in case the coach wanted to work with McDaniels.

But league sources close to Fisher have said that Fisher almost certainly wouldn't retain McDaniels if he took the Rams' job _ their offensive philosophies are too different.

So on a fast-moving Friday, the Rams interviewed Arizona defensive coordinator Ray Horton in Denver, fulfilling Rooney Rule requirements on minority candidates. Then, the Rams granted New England permission to speak to McDaniels, all but officially saying goodbye to McDaniels, who may be Bill O'Brien's replacement as coordinator with the Patriots.

(Kansas City, by the way, had yet to ask permission to interview McDaniels by early Friday evening.)

So it now appears to be Fisher or bust for the Rams. Fisher let it be known Friday that his decision was down to Miami and St. Louis, and that he would make a choice by midweek. But the decision may come before that. Let the negotiating begin.

[Bold blue mine]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The thing that sticks in my craw is that McDaniels offense takes 3 years to learn. I find it hard to believe that Despags would hire a guy knowing that? Anyway now McD will be reunited with the guy that made him who he is (Tommy Brady).

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    This guy is a complete idiot. The only reason he looked good in NE and why he will look good is because of the officials, Belicheet and Brady.
    I fixed that for you.

gap
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12