Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

  1. #1
    Aussie Dave's Avatar
    Aussie Dave is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    365
    Rep Power
    10

    SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    i was just thinking about superbowl 36 being 10 years ago and how differently things have gone for the Rams and Patriots since..

    i thought i'd look up some stats but they were so depressing i just had to share.
    note: this is not intended to annoy anyone, i despise the pats and im just stunned at the differences.

    since superbowl 36:

    rams have 56 regular season wins, avg of 5.6
    pats have 123, avg of 12.3!

    Pats have 4 superbowl appearances to the Rams 0

    Rams won 1 division title, Pats have won 8

    talk about stability.. Pats have had Belicheat and Brady the whole time while we've had 5 head coaches (incl. interim and not counting fisher) and a few qb's.

    when you look at the stats in black and white, i think it shows how much love and dedication we have to our Rams considering what we've been through.
    also the fans going to games in STL, 5.6 wins a year avg for the last decade? i think they deserve to keep the team there!
    i've always said if you stay true through the hard times, it will be all the more rewarding when the good times come... and they will


  2. #2
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,192
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    Sickens your stomach, doesn't it? It's amazing what good decisions and stability within the organization will do for you- not to mention a franchise QB. Let's hope we're on our way
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

  3. #3
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    As I posting in another thread....

    When you're allowed to play with less rules than your opponent, it's a LOT easier to win.

    How much do you think spygate, and the leagues eagerness to bury it, had an impact in the cheatroits "good team" history?


    gap

  4. #4
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,192
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    As I posting in another thread....

    When you're allowed to play with less rules than your opponent, it's a LOT easier to win.

    How much do you think spygate, and the leagues eagerness to bury it, had an impact in the cheatroits "good team" history?


    gap
    I'm sorry, but blaming "spygate" for our Super Bowl loss is the worst kind of excuse making. We sh** the bed and underachieved, pure & simple and didn't deserve to win. The Patriots have been an outstanding franchise for the better part of a decade and must be given credit for that.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

  5. #5
    Ram Mar Ram's Avatar
    Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Apia
    Age
    33
    Posts
    554
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    i imagine a rams guy and a patriots guy standing on a cliff ... the pats guy has a helium balloon and the rams guy has the anchor from the titanic.

    both take one step forward ....

    and that is the last 10 years in summary.

  6. #6
    LA Rammer's Avatar
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,679
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I'm sorry, but blaming "spygate" for our Super Bowl loss is the worst kind of excuse making. We sh** the bed and underachieved, pure & simple and didn't deserve to win. The Patriots have been an outstanding franchise for the better part of a decade and must be given credit for that.
    sounds like a patsy fan here. i don't care if they wear jesus t-shirts i hate them and may they lose! go gnats!
    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

  7. #7
    RuffRams's Avatar
    RuffRams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,179
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Mar Ram View Post
    i imagine a rams guy and a patriots guy standing on a cliff ... the pats guy has a helium balloon and the rams guy has the anchor from the titanic.

    both take one step forward ....

    and that is the last 10 years in summary.
    And then there was an ultra powerful trampoline on the bottom named Jeff Fisher??
    LA Rammer and Ram Mar Ram like this.

  8. #8
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I'm sorry, but blaming "spygate" for our Super Bowl loss is the worst kind of excuse making. We sh** the bed and underachieved, pure & simple and didn't deserve to win. The Patriots have been an outstanding franchise for the better part of a decade and must be given credit for that.
    Spygate had everything to do with that loss. Isaac Bruce himself said hearing about spygate made everything become clear as to how the cheatroits' defense slowed down our offense. As soon as he, Tory, and Kurt started making up new plays on the sidelines, all of a sudden the cheatroits could not stop the offense.

    Sure questionable coaching and tuckered out D (also attributed to the spygate because the amount of time the O spent on the sidelines) allowed the cheatroits to move down the field. Of course, the officials stopping the clock when Brady was tackled in bounds at the end of the game didn't hurt. Nor did the Pick 6 that was a direct result of a blow to Kurt's head. Nor did the lack of Defensive Pass Interference when Holt was tackled in the middle of his route. Of course, the officials did manage to throw flags when the Rams DBs use these same tactics.

    The cheatroits are only an "outstanding franchise" because the officials do not make them follow the same rules that their opponents have to follow.

    As frustrating as it is to root for a losing team, I would rather root for a losing team, that deserves those losses, than to root for cheating team that doesn't deserve the wins.


    gap
    LA Rammer likes this.

  9. #9
    mh-i's Avatar
    mh-i is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    CA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,168
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    talk about stability.. Pats have had Belicheat and Brady the whole time while we've had 5 head coaches (incl. interim and not counting fisher) and a few qb's.
    That's it right there. You have to have balance and continuity. The Rams couldn't keep it together.

  10. #10
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,192
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Spygate had everything to do with that loss. Isaac Bruce himself said hearing about spygate made everything become clear as to how the cheatroits' defense slowed down our offense. As soon as he, Tory, and Kurt started making up new plays on the sidelines, all of a sudden the cheatroits could not stop the offense.

    Sure questionable coaching and tuckered out D (also attributed to the spygate because the amount of time the O spent on the sidelines) allowed the cheatroits to move down the field. Of course, the officials stopping the clock when Brady was tackled in bounds at the end of the game didn't hurt. Nor did the Pick 6 that was a direct result of a blow to Kurt's head. Nor did the lack of Defensive Pass Interference when Holt was tackled in the middle of his route. Of course, the officials did manage to throw flags when the Rams DBs use these same tactics.

    The cheatroits are only an "outstanding franchise" because the officials do not make them follow the same rules that their opponents have to follow.

    As frustrating as it is to root for a losing team, I would rather root for a losing team, that deserves those losses, than to root for cheating team that doesn't deserve the wins.


    gap
    "Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh, It's No fair, they cheated!!!" It's something an eight year old says.

    Complete nonsense. As a coach myself, I do not and would never condone cheating. But blaming a loss on some alleged spying is sour grapes. Teams REGULARLY know what other teams are doing (game films???)- it is a coach's responsibility to have his team execute- which we didn't do. And suggesting a team has been successful every year since then BECAUSE they allegedly cheated 10 years ago is even more ridiculous. Ditto for this "league conspiracy" nonsense.

    This isn't worth discussing. It's over. We lost. It was immensely disappointing, especially to someone who saw it live (me). Let's look forward to Jeff Fisher's tenure here. And if the patriots bother you that badly, root for the Giants in two weeks.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -01-24-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

  11. #11
    LA Rammer's Avatar
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wilmington, CA
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,679
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    "Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh, It's No fair, they cheated!!!" It's something an eight year old says.
    calling a fellow clanster a crybaby? careful there sir. we are all entitled to free speech without insult. i suggest you overlook it if you don't agree. there was a lot of emotion tied into that loss. although I do agree it is time to move on, still i would show a little more decorum when addressing a fellow fan.

    and as a great philosopher said, "ramming speed to all."
    LA RAMMER

    It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

  12. #12
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    "Waaaaaaaaahhhhhh, It's No fair, they cheated!!!" It's something an eight year old says.

    Complete nonsense. As a coach myself, I do not and would never condone cheating. But blaming a loss on some alleged spying is sour grapes. Teams REGULARLY know what other teams are doing (game films???)- it is a coach's responsibility to have his team execute- which we didn't do. And suggesting a team has been successful every year since then BECAUSE they allegedly cheated 10 years ago is even more ridiculous. Ditto for this "league conspiracy" nonsense.

    This isn't worth discussing. It's over. We lost. It was immensely disappointing, especially to someone who saw it live (me). Let's look forward to Jeff Fisher's tenure here. And if the patriots bother you that badly, root for the Giants in two weeks.
    An only a lamb going to slaughter would just accept such an outcome without standing up for the injustice.

    It's hard to execute when a game plan that only your team knows when the other team somehow konws something that only your team should have seen. Don't you remember how protective Mad Mike was about people, even the media, watching his practices??? The reason for that was so no one would (should) have film on these plays.

    And the cheatroits "dynasty" over the past ten years isn't a result of one game (well maybe it is if they are still trying to justify the initially rigged game). To this day they are still allowed to use tactics that are against the rules, and the officials do flag the other team for using those same exact tactics. Call it cheating, or call it preferencial treatment, it's still wrong.

    If it isn't worth discussing, then why did you choose to insult me because my views are different than yours? Yes, looking forward to the future of the RAMS, and I will root for the Giants if I even watch the game.


    gap
    LA Rammer and THOLTFAN81 like this.

  13. #13
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,406
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Mar Ram View Post
    i imagine a rams guy and a patriots guy standing on a cliff ... the pats guy has a helium balloon and the rams guy has the anchor from the titanic.

    both take one step forward ....

    and that is the last 10 years in summary.
    Don't jump!
    BRUUUUUUUUCE


  14. #14
    NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,192
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    An only a lamb going to slaughter would just accept such an outcome without standing up for the injustice.

    It's hard to execute when a game plan that only your team knows when the other team somehow konws something that only your team should have seen. Don't you remember how protective Mad Mike was about people, even the media, watching his practices??? The reason for that was so no one would (should) have film on these plays.

    And the cheatroits "dynasty" over the past ten years isn't a result of one game (well maybe it is if they are still trying to justify the initially rigged game). To this day they are still allowed to use tactics that are against the rules, and the officials do flag the other team for using those same exact tactics. Call it cheating, or call it preferencial treatment, it's still wrong.

    If it isn't worth discussing, then why did you choose to insult me because my views are different than yours? Yes, looking forward to the future of the RAMS, and I will root for the Giants if I even watch the game.


    gap

    You're not being insulted. It's not personal. ANY PERSON who loses then cries about it 10 years later needs to move on. Adults don't whine about cheating. The Patriots allegedly filming offensive sets didn't cost us that ballgame- Mike Martz not utilizing Marshall Faulk, Rams turnovers and a complete team effort in underachieving cost us the Super Bowl. And I'll repeat again- thinking the Patriots have been successful the past ten years primarily because "they cheated" is nonsense. They win because they have a superior coach, a franchise QB, ownership that gets it and a model organization. Even Stan referenced this in his talks shortly after canning Spags and Devaney.

    Let's worry about the future rather than dwelling on the past.

  15. #15
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,224
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: SB 36 ten years on, a tale of two teams

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    You're not being insulted. It's not personal. ANY PERSON who loses then cries about it 10 years later needs to move on. Loser Adults, who like being shafted, don't whine about cheating. The Patriots allegedly filming offensive sets didn't cost us that ballgame- Mike Martz not utilizing Marshall Faulk, Rams turnovers and a complete team effort in underachieving cost us the Super Bowl. And I'll repeat again- thinking the Patriots have been successful the past ten years primarily because "they cheated" is nonsense. They win because they have a superior coach, a franchise QB, ownership that gets it and a model organization. Even Stan referenced this in his talks shortly after canning Spags and Devaney.

    Let's worry about the future rather than dwelling on the past.
    Fixed that for you.

    We will agree to disagree on filming the walk throughs affecting the game.

    We will also agree to disagree what makes the cheatriots a "winning" organization.

    When others let go of the past, so will I. I didn't start this thread, I only added my view on it. If you disagree, say so without the insults.


    gap

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A Tale of Two Ends.....
    By AugustaRamFan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -11-12-2005, 08:28 AM
  2. Tale of the same city
    By RAMBLE_ON in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-23-2005, 01:31 PM
  3. next years teams
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -01-22-2005, 04:08 PM
  4. "The Tale of Two Teams"
    By LaRamsFanLongTime in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-21-2004, 05:41 PM
  5. Tale of two teams in NFC West
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -07-30-2004, 02:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •