rob6465 is offline Registered User

Scenario Rams clinch?

If Rams beats Chiefs and Seattle loses, do Rams clinch?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Scenario Rams clinch?

Quote Originally Posted by rob6465 View Post
    If Rams beats Chiefs and Seattle loses, do Rams clinch?
    I think that if the Rams then lose out, and Seattle wins out (meaning they beat us in the final week), then Seattle could take the division.

Same deal with Frisco, who could still take it home at 7-9 if they win out, Seattle loses out, and we go 1-2 (with the pivotal loss being against SF).

So ... not yet, my friend!

Refer to Avenger's recent thread which lists all of the possibilities for the full scoop.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Yeah, what bar-bq said.

Rams beat KC, then they beat the Whiners, Rams can clinch. Game in Seattle then means nothing. (provided the Hawks lose to Atl AND TB)

The Whiners must win out, which means beating the Rams and Cards.

Seattle is the long shot in my eyes because they have the toughest road with games against the Falcons (home) and Bucs (away) and again at home with the Rams. However, I don't see them winning either of the next two games.

This game is soooooo important to the Rams this week. A win against the Chiefs and the Rams are sitting pretty, needed then to only win one of the next two. A loss and it's not over, but it forces the Rams to win the final two or it IS over.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

What a great opportunity it is for the Rams. Amazing really, in the context of things.
    Win this Sunday, I believe we will make the post season. If we beat Kansas City then it will prove we are the best team in the NFC West, and we should win out in my opinion against the ***** and Hawks.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

We need to win over the Chiefs before even discussing this topic. The league is so wacky this year that anything can happen. I expect the Whiners to give us another tough game. I expect the Chiefs to give us a tough game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    We need to win over the Chiefs before even discussing this topic. The league is so wacky this year that anything can happen. I expect the Whiners to give us another tough game. I expect the Chiefs to give us a tough game.
    EXACTLY. This will not be an easy game but if we are truly playoff contenders, we should nd must prevail. A win Sunday and we are truly in drivers seat. Nice ot hvae a meaningful game in DECEMBER!!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    EXACTLY. This will not be an easy game but if we are truly playoff contenders, we should nd must prevail. A win Sunday and we are truly in drivers seat. Nice ot hvae a meaningful game in DECEMBER!!
    Very true. We have to win this game... its huge!

Truth is offline Registered User

**CLICHE WARNING**CLICHE WARNING**

One game at a time my friends.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Molotov is offline Registered User

I've done the work that the Post Dispatch writers are too busy to do for us.

There are 64 scenarios remaining that matter. They are combinations of results from the following:

Week 15: Rams vs KC, Atl vs Seattle
    Week 16: Rams vs SF, Seat vs TB
    Week 17: SF vs Arizona, Rams vs Seat

Right now, the Rams win the division in 29 of 64 scenarios, as do the Seahawks. SF wins in 6 scenarios.

If the Rams win this weekend, and Seattle loses, the Rams would win the division in 10 of the 16 possible scenarios. Seattle would win in five scenarios, and the Niners would be reduced to one scenario.

If the Rams and Seattle lose this weekend, Seattle would own 7 scenarios. the Rams would win the division in six scenarios, and the Niners would win in 3 scenarios.

If the Rams lose and the Seahawks win, Seattle would own 9 scenarios, the Rams get 5, and the Niners get 2.

If the Rams and Seattle win, the Niners are eliminated, and the Rams and Seahawks split the remaining 16 scenarios.

Another highly possible scenario is the Rams win this weekend, but lose to the Niners, and Seattle loses the next two. That would leave four remaining scenarios, in which the Rams would own two, and the other two would own one.

The quickest way to clinching is two straight Ram wins and two straight Seahawk losses (or, God forbid, the opposite). Any other scenario means it comes down to the final game.

Don't ask me why the Post Dispatch hasn't published this. It took me one hour on a spreadsheet to figure it out. I'm sure Thomas and Bernie are making parade plans or dealing about some other important stuff that's going on, or musing over whether the Rams will get to 7 wins this season.

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

nice, it wasnt long ago we were looking at scenarios to clinch the no.1 pick in the draft...

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Throwing in my usual conspiracy stuff.

I think all the talk about a 7-9 team in the playoffs may cause the league to turn their backs on their beloved 9ers. Since I believe the NFL has a deep seated hate for St Louis (goes back to tagbut getting punked by St Louis attorneys and city officials in the late 80s), I am expecting the league to get behind Seattle. Don't be surprised to see some very questionable officiating that helps Seattle win the next two games.

If Seattle loses today, and the RAMS can find a way to outplay the bad officiating today, look for the RAMS to finally have fair officiating (mabye even bad officiating in our favor) against the 9ers. At that point, the RAMS will clinch a playoff game.

gap

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

The Rams have not proven their a playoff team anyway, so they're probably better suited missing the playoffs and looking for more help via the draft for at least another year. The Rams still lack upper echelon talent at several positions and higher draft positioning might do this team more good than being blown out at home by any of a number of teams in the playoffs.

Of course, much of the Rams woes have as much to do with Spagnuolo's philosophy as anything else. He's only fooling himself if he thinks this team can compete with legitimate playoff teams using his philosophy. There is simply no way, and until he concedes that, this team will continue to struggle mightily against the better teams in the league.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dave View Post
    nice, it wasnt long ago we were looking at scenarios to clinch the no.1 pick in the draft...
    great point and because we are not this year we should be at least happy about that.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Aw hell, it would still be nice to have another division banner to hang at the Ed, right?

Anyway, could you guys quit posting threads about playoffs? I think you are jinxing us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

we must win both games if we want to control our own destiny. now the next games become playoff games to us.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8