throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Schefter: Jeff Fisher says btween Rams + Miami/Decision coming next week

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Schefter: Jeff Fisher says btween Rams + Miami/Decision coming next week

Per Adam Schefter:

Jeff Fisher said today he is considering coaching next season in only two places, Miami or St. Louis, and will make his decision next week.
    I am not optimistic. He left without a contract, in a meeting in Denver. He never saw our team facilities or got a tour. In my opinion he is going to Miami.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Re: Schefter: Jeff Fisher says btween Rams + Miami/Decision coming next week

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Per Adam Schefter:

I am not optimistic. He left without a contract, in a meeting in Denver. He never saw our team facilities or got a tour. In my opinion he is going to Miami.
    Sounds like Fisher wants the weekend, to mull it over.?
    Its going to be a long, long weekend for me personally.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -01-06-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Strange that the meeting was in Denver. I wonder why? I know Stan knows what he's doing but it just seemed peculiar. Does Fisher have an adequate idea as to what to expect if he becomes our head coach? Perhaps it's unnecessary? Who knows. I'm curious: Did Miami already satisfy the Rooney Rule?

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Strange that the meeting was in Denver. I wonder why? I know Stan knows what he's doing but it just seemed peculiar. Does Fisher have an adequate idea as to what to expect if he becomes our head coach? Perhaps it's unnecessary? Who knows. I'm curious: Did Miami already satisfy the Rooney Rule?
    Question is have we?

KCRamFan is offline Registered User

I could be wrong but I thought it was reported somewhere that he was on his way to St. Louis after meeting with Stan in Denver yesterday. I don't know if I can find it, but I think I saw on a Dolphins forum they said Fisher's agent was flying to St. Louis yesterday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Yup they interviewed their interim HC Todd Bowles.

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Question is have we?
    We are apparently in the process of it. Interviewing Ray Horton today.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I read that the meeting was in Denver because they felt it would be a circus if he came into St. Louis. And I'm assuming maybe it was more convenient for Kroenke.

I dont know who just listened to Adam Schefter on 101, but it doesnt sound like Fisher is going to be coming here. However, Schefter says he thinks we will be just fine if we don't get Fisher. He said Demoff + Kroenke have been putting a list together for weeks in the event that Spags was going to be fired. Said to Bernie I will come on your show again and let you know who I think the Rams will get. He said the Dolphins are more desperate for Fishers services than the Rams. Once again said we have a much better search under way than the Dolphins. Thinks the Dolphins are going to offer a huge financial package.

Basically, I agree w Schefter. I think we will be just fine. Fisher or no Fisher. I could also see the headline in Miami: The Fish get the Fish(er).
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

macrammer is online now Registered User

No need to fret over who what where. The larger picture for me is Kroenke and what direction and philosophy he brings to the table with whomever he hires. My judgment/acceptance (for whatever that is worth) is all around the NEW owner and his chance to save this troubled organization. time will certainly tell.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I dont know who just listened to Adam Schefter on 101, but it doesnt sound like Fisher is going to be coming here. However, Schefter says he thinks we will be just fine if we don't get Fisher. He said Demoff + Kroenke have been putting a list together for weeks in the event that Spags was going to be fired. Said to Bernie I will come on your show again and let you know who I think the Rams will get. He said the Dolphins are more desperate for Fishers services than the Rams. Once again said we have a much better search under way than the Dolphins. Thinks the Dolphins are going to offer a huge financial package.

Basically, I agree w Schefter. I think we will be just fine. Fisher or no Fisher. I could also see the headline in Miami: The Fish get the Fish(er).
    Bologna...baloney....it's Fisher or BUST!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Yup they interviewed their interim HC Todd Bowles.
    Actually we didn't, we were denied the opportunity. I think it will be fulfilled with Ray Horton today.

DE_Ramfan is online now Registered User

I hope they actually give Horton a chance in this interview and aren't tunneling on Fisher. Horton has 3 rings (1 as a player and 2 as a coach) with the Boys and Steelers. He's seen how good teams are run (Steelers) and got to learn from LeBeau so he might just know how to coach.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Actually we didn't, we were denied the opportunity. I think it will be fulfilled with Ray Horton today.
    The question answered was in regards to "Did the Dolphins fulfill their aspect of the Rooney Rule", which they did.

Quote Originally Posted by DE_Ramfan View Post
    I hope they actually give Horton a chance in this interview and aren't tunneling on Fisher. Horton has 3 rings (1 as a player and 2 as a coach) with the Boys and Steelers. He's seen how good teams are run (Steelers) and got to learn from LeBeau so he might just know how to coach.
    They just said on 101 that they've been hearing around the league that Horton has some downright awesome pre-game speeches to his units, that could be used for movie scripts. I really hope we do give this guy a chance. As the saying goes, expect the unexpected. Maybe he nails the interview and changes Stans mind. Happened many times in the NFL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast