Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Schefter: Jeff Fisher says btween Rams + Miami/Decision coming next week

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: Schefter: Jeff Fisher says btween Rams + Miami/Decision coming next week

The quality the Rams leadership should covet in a head coach is his ability to give a speech?

Maybe we should covet something a little bigger. Does he prefer wearing a full baseball hat or a visor? This is important.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Bologna...baloney....it's Fisher or BUST!
    Well then, for you my friend, it's probably going to be bust.

Are you really that enamored with him? I think he'd be a good hire, but is no where near the prefect candidate. If he goes to Miami. I'm certainly not going to shed a tear.

He said Demoff + Kroenke have been putting a list together for weeks in the event that Spags was going to be fired.
    I'd love to see that list.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

I simply can't get excited over someone I know very little about. Ray Horton came out of nowhere. He is not a guy who's been a huge consideration for past jobs, so while maybe the guy is good, it's the great unknown. The Rams have ***ked up the last two coaching searches, so it would be par for the course to get rejected by the most experienced candidate out there who has a degree of past success who many of us want. Leslie Frazier and Raheem Morris knocked socks off with their interviews a couple of years back and where are they now? One's gone and the other is going nowhere fast.

I'll be bummed if Fisher doesn't come here. And won't be the least bit excited with an unproven, inexperienced head coach until he wins a few ball games for us.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

The more I hear about this Horton guy the more I like him. Perhaps he nails the interview a la Tomlin with the Steelers a few years back? Who knows. I've had a gut feeling for a while that we would lose out on Fisher, so I won't be upset if it does happen.

At this point, honestly, I just want someone who will lead us to wins. Right now, no one has any idea who that will be, and we won't find that out until next season.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    The quality the Rams leadership should covet in a head coach is his ability to give a speech?

Maybe we should covet something a little bigger. Does he prefer wearing a full baseball hat or a visor? This is important.
    I implied this, when? I just simply stated a fact that they stated about this candidate, as many people on here don't know much about the guy. Didn't know that statement would put me on trial.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I'd love to see that list.
    As would I.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I simply can't get excited over someone I know very little about. Ray Horton came out of nowhere. He is not a guy who's been a huge consideration for past jobs, so while maybe the guy is good, it's the great unknown. The Rams have ***ked up the last two coaching searches, so it would be par for the course to get rejected by the most experienced candidate out there who has a degree of past success who many of us want. Leslie Frazier and Raheem Morris knocked socks off with their interviews a couple of years back and where are they now? One's gone and the other is going nowhere fast.

I'll be bummed if Fisher doesn't come here. And won't be the least bit excited with an unproven, inexperienced head coach until he wins a few ball games for us.
    Quite frankly, I am going to be excited no matter who we hire. Because anything is better than Spags.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Quite frankly, I am going to be excited no matter who we hire. Because anything is better than Spags.
    If the Rams dont get a proven coach in here. The amount of indecision Ill have if a rookie coach is hired, through the offseason. Its not what I want at this moment in time. I want something which is more concrete this time. Ive had enough of the season being over before its even started, because some coach didn't know what he is doing.?

Ive just read the Rams have approached Steve Sarkisan, put he told the Rams, he is not interested.?
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -01-07-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12