Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Schefter: Rob Ryan hired as Defensive Coordinator!

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Re: Schefter: Rob Ryan hired as Defensive Coordinator!

Hopefully he will actually coach a defense that his father or brother won't be embarrassed by this season. I don't like hiring a guy whose defenses have never been above average who lives off his family name but hes a Ram now so hopefully he does well.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

My god now some of you are questioning Fishers judgement because he made a hire that you a common fan dont understand or agree with???I mean comon people im not telling you to like it but to question the man you were just saying is a good coach and trust what he does you flip flop to now your not sure if your trust his judgement....comical.I trust Fish he knows what hes doing and he certainly has better judgement of which coach to hire than me ill be the first to admit that,can some of you?No

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    My god now some of you are questioning Fishers judgement because he made a hire that you a common fan dont understand or agree with???I mean comon people im not telling you to like it but to question the man you were just saying is a good coach and trust what he does you flip flop to now your not sure if your trust his judgement....comical.I trust Fish he knows what hes doing and he certainly has better judgement of which coach to hire than me ill be the first to admit that,can some of you?No
    I agree with you, but I think there's a better way to say it than this.

Yes, it's a hire that perhaps doesn't make sense to some fans. The reality is that all of us - supportive or unsupportive - have to deal with it come hell or high water. It's ruffled some feathers, for sure, but I dare say that's a healthy thing.

We may be but common fans, but what is the Clan if not a place to air grievances, share sympathies, and celebrate emphatically? Let the debate continue.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

His teams haven't been in the playoffs. His defense's ratings have been below average. I will give that. The context is, he coached with the RAIDERS and BROWNS, then was a scapegoat for Jerry Jones. Excuses are easy, but he's had to work hard to shape a turd out of diarrhea. In his best statistical year (2006 Raiders), he led the 3rd ranked defense while they had the 32nd ranked offense. How that happens, I don't even know.

He hasn't proven himself as a coordinator, that's true, but I trust Jeff Fisher. There is inside knowledge he knows better than not only fans, but other coaches. It says a lot that this was the only interview they even bothered having for a DC. They have 4 former DCs on their staff and could've easily promoted from within.
    Nick, MauiRam, r8rh8rmike and 1 others like this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Excuses are easy, but he's had to work hard to shape a turd out of diarrhea.
    I love a good Shakespeare quote.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I love a good Shakespeare quote.
    Gives "Browns" a whole new meaning.
    Bar-bq likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Evil disco man View Post
    He hasn't proven himself as a coordinator, that's true, but I trust Jeff Fisher. There is inside knowledge he knows better than not only fans, but other coaches. It says a lot that this was the only interview they even bothered having for a DC. They have 4 former DCs on their staff and could've easily promoted from within.
    Most interesting. Agreed.

As many players are criticized way too often and/or too early then sentenced to improve AND WIN the following year as it were THE year for them -- "or else" -- it seems that Ryan would be in the same sentencing style here with Fisher and his entire defense posse.

But that's good IMHO. Ryan has an excellent opportunity indeed to 'prove himself'. There's Coach Fisher at the helm, and a good, young crew of Rams players that have already tasted / seen what they're capable of. [BTW, 4-3 will stay (because I said so).] It would seem to me that RR is really looking forward to being with us. Therefore...

2013 should be a considerable improvement for a Ryan Rams D. All the best to our new DC.

Aggressive image and all.
    Last edited by RealRam; -01-29-2013 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Smiley face!?!
    evil disco man likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Most interesting. Agreed.

As many players are criticized way too often and/or too early then sentenced to improve AND WIN the following year as it were THE year for them -- "or else" -- it seems that Ryan would be in the same sentencing style here with Fisher and his entire defense posse.

But that's good IMHO. Ryan has an excellent opportunity indeed to 'prove himself'. There's Coach Fisher at the helm, and a good, young crew of Rams players that have already tasted / seen what they're capable of. [BTW, 4-3 will stay (because I said so).] It would seem to me that RB is really looking forward to being with us. Therefore...

2013 should be a considerable improvement for a Ryan Rams D. All the best to our new DC.

Aggressive image and all.
    Absolutely. The talent the Rams have is obvious (how long has it been since we could say that???), so this year is do-or-die for Rob Ryan. I like his chances.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234