• 3 Post By THOLTFAN81
  • 1 Post By NJ Ramsfan1
  • 2 Post By TheBritishRam

Thread: Schottenheimer: Jets Just Another Game

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Schottenheimer: Jets Just Another Game

Schottenheimer: Jets just another game

19 hours ago • By Jim Thomas jthomas@post-dispatch.com 314-340-8197

After six seasons as their offensive coordinator, Brian Schottenheimer and the New York Jets had what was portrayed as a mutual parting of the ways this past offseason. But it sure looked like Schottenheimer was the scapegoat for all that went wrong in an underachieving 2011 Jets season

Schottenheimer insisted during his regular Thursday media briefing that his was just another Sunday with the Jets coming to the Edward Jones Dome for a noon kickoff. Beating the Jets wouldn’t mean more than a victory over somebody else, he said.

“No, they’re all the same,” he said. “It’s fun to compete against your friends. I’ve got friends all around the business. I think that’s what we love about this business as coaches. You move from team to team and you get a chance to play friends and former colleagues and things like that. So no, I want to win the game because it’s the next game and we need to get four wins.”

INJURY UPDATE

After being limited in Wednesday’s practice with a toe injury, wide receiver Austin Pettis was held out of practice entirely on Thursday.

The rest of the injury report included three players listed as limited: Defensive end Eugene Sims (knee), safety Darian Stewart (knee), and linebacker Mario Haggan (thigh).

In New York, running back Bilal Powell (concussion), wide receiver Stephen Hill (illness), and safety LaRon Landry (heel) did not practice Thursday for the Jets. Running back Joe McKnight (ankle), linebacker Bart Scott (toe), and nose tackle Sione Pouha (lower back/ankle) were limited.

HEADLINE MATERIAL?

With four members of the New York media in attendance at Thursday’s Rams practice, look for this quote Friday in some Gotham City papers. In discussing the expectations and frustration of going more than 40 years without a Super Bowl title by the Jets, Rams center Robert Turner _ a former Jet _ called the Jets “the Chicago Cubs of football.”

LATER START

In his ongoing efforts to keep the team fresh over the course of the season, coach Jeff Fisher pushed back practice by three hours Thursday in order to let the players sleep in a bit.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Re: Schottenheimer: Jets Just Another Game

any word on Scott Wells?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    any word on Scott Wells?
    As for Wells' status for the upcoming game, Fisher would only say, "we'll just have to wait toward the end of the week."

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    As for Wells' status for the upcoming game, Fisher would only say, "we'll just have to wait toward the end of the week."
    isn't it the end of the week? With no word yet I'd think he's out another week. our line played pretty well last week.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    isn't it the end of the week? With no word yet I'd think he's out another week. our line played pretty well last week.
    Fisher will not tip his hand, if he's going to play it will be a game time decision.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Ahh posturing....

Living in NJ and being friends with many Jet fans as well as just occasionally listening to the talk radio around here there is no way that this is "Just Another Game" for Schotty. I reckon he has had this game circled on his calendar since the day the schedule was released. They treated this man like he had absolutely nothing to do with the back-to-back AFC championships and acted as if he was the sole reason they had an off year last year... Well it looks like they were wrong cause their offense has majorly regressed in the first year without Schotty.

I hope he takes it to Rex, and shuts up many of my friends who criticized the man.
    Rambos, lostsoul and NJ Ramsfan1 like this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Whenever a fired employee takes on his old team, don't think for a second that they aren't going to give a little extra and try like hell to win that game. Schottenheimer is only human. I'm sure on some level he's both amused and a little happy the Jets are showing he wasn't the big problem last season. I'm sure he'll be prepared for tomorrow.
    MauiRam likes this.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Hopefully having shotty gives us an advantage against the jets, although, the jets know how schotty works. So we'll see.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

How awesome would it be if we ran a tackle eligible play and Wayne Hunter caught a TD pass? I think jets fans heads would explode.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Schefter just tweeted this:

Despite fact that Rams OC Brian Schottenheimer has been scheming all week to beat NY, Jets are paying portion of his salary next 2 seasons.
    Hah.
    THOLTFAN81 and lostsoul like this.