Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Schotty 'Felt Good' About Last Play vs. Seattle

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Schotty 'Felt Good' About Last Play vs. Seattle

To be clear, I wasn't "attacking" Clemens, just stating a fact. He is a backup QB with marginal skills, and very little time behind center with the Rams new weapons to get a feel and the timing needed for that play to be successful. Quick is still trying to get a grasp on NFL defenses and route running and to day, has been a huge disappointment. To think that was the "best chance of winning" is beyond ridiculous.

As someone else stated, If the Rams cannot pound the ball 1 freakin' yard after gaining nearly 200 on the ground, they don't belong in the conversation about playoff contenders anyway. With the guys they had on the field, that play call was horrible. Period. It played right into the strength of the Hawks. They gift wrapped that game to Seattle and as a Rams fan it was sickening to watch, and even more outrageous to hear them defend the call.

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Why, when anyone points out any flaws in Sam's game, is it considered an attack?? Yet, when a 2nd stringer comes in, with limited practice and has a marginal game (to be expected), it's OK for many to call him out with impunity.
    Who called Clemens out? I think everyone knows he was put in a bad situation. From reading the posts in this thread, it's Schotty who's being called out with impunity.

I made the comment about Bradford to specifically challenge the ridiculous notion by Schotty that the play was a good bet because it had worked several times in the past. It's simply a fact that Bradford was the QB who made those plays, not Clemens. That's not a slam on Clemens, who just doesn't have the ability to do what Bradford can do.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Who called Clemens out? I think everyone knows he was put in a bad situation. From reading the posts in this thread, it's Schotty who's being called out with impunity.
    I agree. I think the main point there is that it may have been a mistake to assume that a high percentage play with Bradford to Pettis was going to be a high percentage play for Clemens to Quick. Maybe it had worked well in practice, but it didn't look like a very good decision based on the personnel match-ups.

heff is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Yes, have a QB that hasn't played throw a touch pass to a WR who has no track record of making big plays and who basically has looked raw and unpolished as a Ram. Made no sense at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    On what planet would anyone think Quick was going to win a man-on-man battle on a fade pattern against those corners? Probably the same planet that thought Clemons could make that pass when he needed to. If they were intent on throwing the ball, how about a little PA? They had been pounding the ball against them all game and I would think that it would make sense to show run and then pass, especially with a blitz coming. But an empty backfield?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Honestly, if we can't run it in from the one with the game on the line against a division rival on our own home field, we're just not going to win a lot of games. If that pass play was the one they thought would give us the best chance of winning, that's pretty sobering.
    SO MUCH THIS!

Isn't a fade a 15%-20% play even with starting-level quality players? No way in Hades Clemens-Quick can execute that. No. Effin'. Way.

Seriously, I hate the fade. https://www.fantasyindex.com/2013/06...e-is-overrated

Unbelievable. When Stacy went wide, I prayed for a QB keeper.

And yet I'm excited for the future... Again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12