Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cfh128 is offline Registered User

Re: Schrager predicts Rams lose to Squawks by 25 points ..

Sounds like he is basing his prediction mainly on our receivers. Who cares if nobody has heard of them? Avery looked good last year and Robinson turned some heads in the preseason. I'm not saying we have Bruce and Holt, but I think we are in a lot better shape than this guy is giving us credit for.

I'm awful at predictions. Lets go with...... RAMS 150 SEAHAWKS 0

Chrome_CW is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    That's funny... I could have sworn the Seahawks went 4-12 last year. I'd say the loss of those guys (and others) had a pretty significant impact last year.

The real question is... how many Seahawks fans think this will be a blowout?
    Fair comment and questions.

The biggest issue last year wasn't the OL blocking - it was that for a fairly passing focused team we had MAYBE one guy a week healthy who could be counted on to catch the ball. Also, I'm not saying that we would have been a 10-6 team but there were 6 games that we were in that EASILY could have gone the other way - but in each of them we were doomed by turnovers - a lot of them by guys who either are not starters on this years team or are not even on the team.

As for how many fans who predict this will be a blowout - Honestly?? A lot of us. I'm not trying to be rude, I KNOW you guys frequently play us tough - but I think we are a much better team than the team that beat you guys 37-13 @ Qwest last year and outside of a better coaching staff I don't think this year's Ram's squad is that improved over last year.

Also, the game is @ Qwest Field where we are almost always tough (most of those 6 near wins last year came @ Qwest) - I wouldn't feel this would be a blowout if we were playing @ the Edward Jones Dome.

Finally, one thing I don't think you would have heard much about is how much the new Hawks coaching staff is focusing on being mentally tough and physically well conditioned this year. I loved Holmgren as a coach, but I think that the common knock on the Hawks during his tenure was that they were a "finesse" team and that they were "soft". While this characterization of them frequently pissed me off, I think in retrospect that it was frequently true. I think that is one of the biggest changes and that it will go a LONG ways in turning this team around this year.

At any rate - while I can't say that I don't hope that it is a blowout (since I'd like to see this Hawks team step up) I hope that the Rams prove me wrong - If the Hawks or Rams are going to be successful this year, I'd like it to be without the *asterisk that frequently gets mentally put next to the NFC West Winner* (*=worst division in the NFL (I think we can all agree that the AFC West likely takes that crown this year))

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Who's Peter Schrager and why should I care what he thinks?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Sorry, but with Steven Jackson playing there is no way we dont put up more than 6 points

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    That is quite a point spread. I can't wait to see the HH air show. I guess Disco can be happy when his fantasy team scores lots of points.

I think the Bears have a good chance against the Packers. I watched a preseason game with them and the Browns and they look ready to play. I think the Browns will score more than 7 points also.
    Hey now, no reason to pick on me. Let's keep business (fantasy football) and pleasure (Rams) separate.

27-21, Rams. Hasselbeck throws 3 TDs - two to Carlson (against poor Mr. Irrelevant) and one to T.J., or vice versa. Doesn't matter, I have both of them on different teams. Josh Brown clinches the game with his two field goals and gives my FF teams 9 points along the way.

Sounds about right.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'm not that worried about the receiving corps. You can have relatively big names on the roster and not accomplish anything. Think about the last time we had Holt, Bruce, and Bennett on the roster. On paper, that looked pretty good. In reality, the offense stunk. Likewise, on paper, Dallas' offense with Terrell Owens and Roy Williams looked impressive, but in reality, Williams accomplished almost nothing in their offense last season. We have some receivers who can make plays; they just don't have a lot of experience or name recognition yet. I am a little worried about the defense, though.

Anyway, neither team was particularly good last season. The Seahawks replace Holmgren with Mora; the Rams replace Linehan with Spagnuolo. So the Seahawks benefit from continuity, but the Rams go from a leader who had lost the team to hopefully a revitalized franchise.

SJackson39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Sorry, but with Steven Jackson playing there is no way we dont put up more than 6 points
    Got that right! How about 2 TDs sunday and a Rams victory? Sounds good to me

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Funny that this turd mentioned our receivers, but not Steven Jackson. Guess he didn't watch pre-season much. If he did, he'd realize the Rams are no longer a pass-first team. They are a balanced offense, and with Bulger still nursing a boo-boo on his little finger, the Rams will hit them with the run, and I'll take Jackson over the Hawks RB's, any day.

The problem will be our D, not our WR's. While I don't see the Rams winning this game, I doubt it will be a blow out of his predicted margin.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

LeonardLittlesLiver is offline Registered User

The writer is an idiot, no professional picks any team to beat anybody by 25 points. Yeah, I am a Hawks fan and all too. I had to re-register, I was here back in 2006 but somehow I lost my account.

I was going to make my case for why I think the Hawks will win this game, but really that is just a waste of time. No one has seen anything from either team to base ANYTHING on this year. For me it comes down to playing here at Qwest.

The average margin of victory the last two games at Qwest? 25.5, even with the roster being depleted. Go figure, it looks like the idiot went as far as to check the scores of the last two years and stopped his research there.

I have us taking it by 10.

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Honest to God- I was Peter Schrager's phys. ed. teacher in high school! He's a good guy, but I'd place no stock in his predictions. Thinking the Rams are going to get beat, in light of their 27 losses in the last 32 games isn't exactly brain surgery.

Let's say Rams, 20-19 on a 50 yard field goal by Josh Brown, who returns to haunt his former team.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Honest to God- I was Peter Schrager's phys. ed. teacher in high school! He's a good guy, but I'd place no stock in his predictions. Thinking the Rams are going to get beat, in light of their 27 losses in the last 32 games isn't exactly brain surgery.

Let's say Rams, 20-19 on a 50 yard field goal by Josh Brown, who returns to haunt his former team.

I hope he got pummeled A LOT during dodgeball back then. That would explain the brain damage it took to make that prediction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12