throwback week

Thread: Scott Linehan

moloch41 Guest

Scott Linehan

Hey, I know I've been calling for his ouster, but I'll give credit where credit is due. Good offensive game plan by Linehan today. I really liked that he used McMichael in the passing game instead of leaving him in to block- that really opened up the offense in my opinion. If not for a couple of bad offensive holding penalties, it might have been even better. The only thing I will criticize him for is for NOT going up to Haslett in the 4th quarter and smacking him in the back of the head.

I would also live to give a shout out to Klop for acutally throwing a block today and to Alex Barron for somehow managing to stay onsides for the entire game- in a nortouriously loud stadium!!!

Good game Rams!!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Scott Linehan

I agree he called a solid game, but IMO the biggest factor in Linehan looking good was on-field execution. Guys made plays for their coach today.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

We had Steven Jackson for the whole game!!!! If we had him for the whole game vs. the Browns we would be on a winning streak.

RealRam is offline Registered User

How about that option pass play from Jax to McMichael? ...For a TD! :O

one game and we are going to the playoffs

Yea, I will tip my hat his way ...... on his way out the door LOL

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Just remember guys, its all Linehan's fault

The team turned up today. Lets see if they can keep it going over the next seven games.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Straight out of the Mike Martz Playbook!:imho:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamOfDenmark Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Just remember guys, its all Linehan's fault

The team turned up today. Lets see if they can keep it going over the next seven games.
    Nah, just remember it's all the injuries and bad luck. Linehan is completely blameless

Today I'll have to agree with moloch and the rest though, Linehan called a good game. Not even close to enough to convince me we don't need a new coach, but a win is a win and we'll take anything we can get. Let's go, playoffs aren't even impossible with our weak division opponents. Let's get it done! Or at the very least go down fighting and putting up points like in the good old days, finally it's fun to be a Rams fan again!

RamOfDenmark Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Absolutely loved it, I was thinking "damn, that's Ladainian Tomlinson-style offense there!" and we even got McMichael involved in the passing game some too today. I never thought we'd actually pass to any of our numerous TE's!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    Nah, just remember it's all the injuries and bad luck. Linehan is completely blameless

Today I'll have to agree with moloch and the rest though, Linehan called a good game. Not even close to enough to convince me we don't need a new coach, but a win is a win and we'll take anything we can get. Let's go, playoffs aren't even impossible with our weak division opponents. Let's get it done! Or at the very least go down fighting and putting up points like in the good old days, finally it's fun to be a Rams fan again!
    Not blameless but not entirely to blame either.

Much like this win can't be entirely credited to him (and it won't be) not every loss can be heaped on his head.

Bulger came out publicly and said the team had to show up. His play alone shows that they did.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next seven games don't play a large part in Linehans future, but just bear in mind that for all you might think he's GOAT over GSOT, his winless team had the potential to do this on the road to a team that hadn't lost in a month.

mpire Guest

ya know if this oline can stay together the rest of the way, the season might be salvaged (and by salvaged, I mean getting something out of a thing that's broken, and of no further use).

It was great to see Bulger and Jackson do their thing. Hell of a catch by McMichael, kinda reminded me of Manu in the endzone in seattle (without the endzone part).

Not ready to polish Linehans nameplate just yet, he did his job today. If he'd have somehow gotten them to give the Rams the ball on the non-fumble, or something about the interference call on the first drive.. eh.. I know he can't really do anything, but maybe if he'd get himself thrown out of the game like a baseball manager, that'd be something. Throw the chains onto the field, or steal a yellow flag and pitch it into the stands.. somethin... guy should act desperate & crazy.