Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Re: Scott Linehan is a heartless coward...

The man has millions of dollars sitting on the bench or on IR, yet he still has the courage to not quit, go out there every week and run up the gut and stand in from of the microphones knowing alot of people will be irate. Coward! I think not!

Semper Fi!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Wow.

"Heartless Coward"? Why? Because he continued to try the run? Did you see Gus throw the ball? Hell, if he's to blame for anything, it was not jerking Gus out of the game after the second or third pick and putting Hagens in to QB. At that point I would have just told Hagens to take the snap, hand off to Leonard and duck and cover.

"I believe we sent 5 guys out there just like every other team does,they are professionals just like the others"

Uh, no, they're not. If they were, they'd be STARTERS. These guys couldn't even make the starting squad with the Rams. How bad do you have to be to be number two or three on our depth chart? ...and now, they're all we've got? Add to that, we have a QB that throws 5 picks, and loses a fumble? Did anyone see some of those picks? On one pick, he had Hagens wide open, with nothing but green grass between him and the endzone, and he was 10-yards beyond the defender. What does bonehead do? He throws off balance 10-yards short and it's picked. Heck, I'm 54 years old and I could have made that throw.

I did question Linehan's decision to kick a FG when we were down by more than two scores and we're 0-5. But after watching Ferotte play catch with the Ravens, who can blame him for kicking? I've never seen a crappier performance by a QB in all my life, and I've seen some bad ones.

...the frustration mounts, I understand that, but Linehan's forced to continue to send out replacement players, or play guys out of position, and this week, we were up against one of the better defenses in the league. Martz wouldn't have made any difference in this game. Not with the 07 version of Holt, Hagens, ????, Leonard and Ferotte. We had a guy in there at WR that had NO CLUE what to do, or what route to run, and he was along side another that was getting his first start. Besides, when Holt or others were open, Gus ignored them and threw to the most obvious receiver. The one with three defenders surrounding him.

You guys can continue to place the blame on the HC, and I suppose that's the easy thing to do. But don't call him a heartless coward because he's trying to run the ball when his QB is throwing picks faster than you can say; "0 and 6". Our offense, in it's current state, had NO CHANCE of winning this game.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

10/15/07
    Monday 10/15/07
    RAMS Park
    Press Conference:

Interviewer: What's up with Gus Frerotte?

Bad Linehan: What's up with him? I'll tell you what's up! The guy's going for an eye exam today. He can't tell if he's throwing to the helmets with HORNS on them or the Cardinal or Raven logo. 8 picks in 2 starts from a guy I thought he new the system and would be able to give us a chance. He has to have a serious vision issue. The only way he gets back on the field is with a seeing eye dog.

Interviewer: How about his arm strength?

Bad Linehan: Arm strength? You're kidding right?! My 98 year old Grandmother has a stronger arm then him. He's done and I mean D O N E ! This is the thanks I get for bringing him over to this organization thus extending his career. G. F. in my mind stands for GO FILE for retirement!
    Last edited by laram0; -10-15-2007 at 02:17 PM.

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

I place 95 percent of the blame on the hc for the simple fact that this guy makes horrible/no adjustments to the other team I think at halftime linehan takes a nap.. now martz wasn't the best Hc but his adjustments are superb in the lions vs bears game the bears defense pounded the lions offense for 3 qtrs holding them to 3 points adjustments were made and they score 34 points in the 4th qtr a nfl record another example is when we played the seahawks and won in overtime I'm sure everyone remembers the 1st half of that game our team got demolished 24 - 7 at halftime adjustments were made and the second half we came out executed them and won the game I have yet5 to see linehan make any adjustments to any of the 6 teams we lost to this year
    Torry Holt Dont play that

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

but I still have to question why the heck on 3rd down and a bunch, we run it up the middle ??????
    Why that's the old John Robinson; give it to Dickerson on third and long.

I'm just waiting for Linehan to start glancing up to the sky and stroke his chin when the game is out of hand.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    Why that's the old John Robinson; give it to Dickerson on third and long.

I'm just waiting for Linehan to start glancing up to the sky and stroke his chin when the game is out of hand.
    Man that brings back some memories: good 'ol 'Robocoach'!! Wonder what he's up to these days. BTW the moniker "Robocoach" was first coined by Doug Krikorian of the now defunct L.A. Herald Examiner. Certainly just more useless information , but what else is there for Rams fans these days?

WHAT SAY YE?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

This is just another ridiculous thread. I just can't figure why so many of threads here don't even relate to the actual football game...

Everyone watches the games I assume. It sure looks to me like the defense was fired up for last game, and has been fired up pretty much for every game. But I'm sure that's all Haslett right and Linehan has no say in the motivation there? Something is keeping those guys going. I definitely don't see any quit ...

We lost this last game 22-3. Was it Linehan's "inability to motivate the troops" or his "lack of creativity in his playcalling" or even his "repeating the same thing over and over again" that caused McMichael and Hagans both to drop TD passes that would have effectively made the final score 22-17 assuming nothing else changed?

Was it Linehan that underthrew a streaking Drew Bennett, who had 6 yards on his DB, by at least 5 yards resulting in an INT? No it was Linehan who made a brilliant play call and had the Raven's tripping all over themselves while ole rag arm threw the ball like a 6 year old school girl ...

I've read many a poster on here question why Linehan had Frerotte throwing the ball with 2 minutes left, risking his destruction, yet at the same time question why we ran the ball so much. We ran the ball because Frerotte threw 6 INT's (the fumble was actually an INT). He was PATHETIC. That's not on Linehan.

I thought his offensive scheme was solid the last two weeks. We were overmatched up front against the Ravens, and the good calls that yielded players open for TD's were blown. That's execution on the player's parts, not Linehan ...

It sure does take a lot of guts to call someone a gutless coward on a cyber web board. I wonder how many would do so to Linehan's face? Until you do so, maybe you should ask yourself who the gutless one really is ...

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    I place 95 percent of the blame on the hc for the simple fact that this guy makes horrible/no adjustments to the other team I think at halftime linehan takes a nap.. now martz wasn't the best Hc but his adjustments are superb in the lions vs bears game the bears defense pounded the lions offense for 3 qtrs holding them to 3 points adjustments were made and they score 34 points in the 4th qtr a nfl record another example is when we played the seahawks and won in overtime I'm sure everyone remembers the 1st half of that game our team got demolished 24 - 7 at halftime adjustments were made and the second half we came out executed them and won the game I have yet5 to see linehan make any adjustments to any of the 6 teams we lost to this year
    Did you not watch the Arizona game? I saw adjustments all game long ...

What adjustments do you make for 8 INT's in 85+ passes?

LDJOHN55 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    no o-line ? I believe we sent 5 guys out there just like ever other team does,they are professionals just like the others,barron ,incognito, mccollum all starters, so we have 2 replacements,now I'm not saying it's the perfect situation but other teams have lost lineman also, we have a large number of TE's to help out,bottom line we should be able to score some points,not win every game but be somewhat competative and we are not even close. my long winded point is just accept it for what it is and everyone just stop with the we don't have this and we don't have that,we are depleted but these other guys need to step up and they are not.one other point I don't agree Martz would have found away to score points with the personal he had.
    Excuses are like A-holes, everyone has one. I agree with you wholeheartedly. Coach Mike Martz would have found a way to score points with the personnel he had! Our Defense is holding up considerably.

LendMeAHand abused this team last year with an identical shameless start. He is in over his head and everyone is just watching. This is like Bizarro World.

Call Marshal Faulk in to coach; he would be better than this mess.
    New member of SLOP.

ButterCup8119 is offline Registered User

Oh I am def. a new member of SLOP. I cant believe that we are 0-6 and there are ppl still trying to look for excuses for the man that is dragging the team we all love so much through the mud. Hell I could coach like he does. What is the worst that could happen if I coached the beginning of this season?? 0-6?? WE ARE ALREADY THERE!
    I bet Linehan still draws his gameplan up with crayons and maic markers. He is incompetent, ill advised, and worst of all he acts like he couldnt give a sh*t.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

LendMeAHand abused this team last year with an identical shameless start.
    Didn't we start 4-1 last year?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Cowardice is the failure to confront the challenge not the failure to overcome it.

Recognise this and it might be possible to cast an objective eye over what has surrounded this team this season. Fail to and it leads to some unfortunate headlines.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

At the start of the season 0-0 everyone excited over the prospects of a new season--opportunities abound

Rams loose one, Most bloggers say stay the course, pity for all the injuries; myself and a few others critical on how the Rams lost.

Second week and yet another loss--still most bloggers hopeful; doubt starts to creep into others thinking.

Week 3 and still another loss; voice of critism steps up; yet still many bloggers buy the excuses--its the injuries stupid but he will find away.

Fourth week and a hope for redemption--that if they could win that one, maybe the season can be turned around. More and more silience echos throughout the blogs from the Linehan supporters.

Gloom and doom hails week 5 loss and the majority of the bloggers are saying WTF!

Now week 6 has come and gone with another loss. Rage and anger have replaced empathy, understanding and disapointment.

**Wonder as Linehan has lost so much support among us, how much support he has lost with the team and front office. Assuming for the sake of discuss, that Linehan comes back in 08, how the Rams will fair.

Despite all the has went wrong with the Rams this year, its comforting that the Seahawks are fairing little better. Is it possible that a team with perhaps 5-15 from the NFC-west make it to the playoffs or perhaps 7-9??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12