Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    faulk2jackson Guest

    The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    the arguments have been heard and comparisons have been made with previous coaches....now i want everybody that wants one more year with Linehan to speak up whether they support him or not......


  2. #2
    theodus69 Guest

    Re: The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    yeah, 1 more year, who else you gonna bring in.....the TUNA? Hey how about Callehan, almost rhymes with Linehan. 1 more year.

  3. #3
    faulk2jackson Guest

    Re: The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    yeah, 1 more year, who else you gonna bring in.....the TUNA? Hey how about Callehan, almost rhymes with Linehan. 1 more year.
    exactly...people wish we can drop money on Cowher or Schottenheimer.....IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN.....i for one dont wanna have to see our team having to learn a whole new system once again....

  4. #4
    jkramsfan Guest

    Re: The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by faulk2jackson View Post
    exactly...people wish we can drop money on Cowher or Schottenheimer.....IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN.....i for one dont wanna have to see our team having to learn a whole new system once again....
    would you rather see them continue to play in a system that doesn't work.

  5. #5
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,094
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    would you rather see them continue to play in a system that doesn't work.
    Come on jk, it worked pretty well last year when we had a third of the injuries and managed to be the 6th ranked offense in the NFL. Seeing what Linehan was able to do without Pace and McCollum after two games as well as a team adapting from the Martz system is one of the reasons I would like to see Linehan given one more year.

  6. #6
    faulk2jackson Guest

    Re: The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    would you rather see them continue to play in a system that doesn't work.
    You judge this team and system after only two seasons and no O line.....our offense was putting up numbers last year was it not....

  7. #7
    theodus69 Guest

    Re: The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    yes they were and anybody who thinks that the injuries aren't the problem might need an exam. yes an exam of the fullest!

  8. #8
    Keenum's Avatar
    Keenum is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,865
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    I won't make a choice until after the end of the season.

  9. #9
    chiguy's Avatar
    chiguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,228
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    Injuries can't explain why Linehan consistently gets outcoached in the second half of every game. Seriously, how could he not notice the Seahawks cornerbacks sitting on those sideline routes and the absence of the safeties up the middle of the field and not call for more dump offs to the running back and tight end?

    Haslett's guys are playing their tails off for him right now. Who on offense has gone the extra mile for their coach? I can't really think of anyone. Want another comparison along these lines? Wroten and Terrell are clearly both boneheads. One of them has managed to make a contribution despite being absent for four games while the other one got to be so bad that he was cut in the middle of a season where we're starting the offensive line from the local high school.

    I don't have the vitriol for Linehan that some do and the injuries have been a problem, but this guy isn't the answer. Maybe the next guy isn't, but I don't see any reason why the "bird in the hand" logic should apply here.

  10. #10
    theodus69 Guest

    Re: The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    most of the injuries are on the O side of the ball, If it were the other way around Haslett would be on the hot seat. we have players on the line that are not good and A Qb that is not that tough. and receivers that don't have the break away speed and the ability to make big gaines after the catch. Holt and Bruce were once the ELITE, not so much now. the offense is in shambles and being out coached isn't the problem, the players to coach aren't there!

  11. #11
    chiguy's Avatar
    chiguy is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,228
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    most of the injuries are on the O side of the ball, If it were the other way around Haslett would be on the hot seat. we have players on the line that are not good and A Qb that is not that tough. and receivers that don't have the break away speed and the ability to make big gaines after the catch. Holt and Bruce were once the ELITE, not so much now. the offense is in shambles and being out coached isn't the problem, the players to coach aren't there!
    We've been without our two start corners for a significant portion of time and haven't had healthy defensive ends in a long time. The offense has had a whole lot more injuries, but its not as if there haven't been injury problems on defense too.

    And if the offense doesn't have the players, that is partly on Linehan too since he wanted Bennett and McMichael brought in and to let Curtis leave. He doesn't get off scot-free there.

  12. #12
    jkramsfan Guest

    Re: The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Come on jk, it worked pretty well last year when we had a third of the injuries and managed to be the 6th ranked offense in the NFL. Seeing what Linehan was able to do without Pace and McCollum after two games as well as a team adapting from the Martz system is one of the reasons I would like to see Linehan given one more year.
    you guys might be right and I really woundn't care if Clark Griswold(just watched christmas vacation 2x this weekend) coached this team as long as we started to win games and get back to the top of the NFL where the Rams belong.I am just getting really tired of talking about it, nothing is going to happen until seasons end if then.

  13. #13
    theodus69 Guest

    Re: The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    Alright , you do have a point there, but noone can see the Future(meaning the injuries) This my team and I love them til the end , but I'm not afraid to say we suck real bad right now!!!

  14. #14
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,585
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    The campaign is fine by me. :bash:

    I've clearly stated elsewhere my position and opinion towards allowing Coach SL one more (3rd) year. This, BTW, is what I believe most Rams players feel about their boss man.

    Thanks Faulk2Jax. You've got my full support.

  15. #15
    faulk2jackson Guest

    Re: The Scott linehan needs one more year campaign

    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    The campaign is fine by me. :bash:

    I've clearly stated elsewhere my position and opinion towards allowing Coach SL one more (3rd) year. This, BTW, is what I believe most Rams players feel about their boss man.

    Thanks Faulk2Jax. You've got my full support.
    Great to hear the support...

Similar Threads

  1. Postgame With Gordo: November 25
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-26-2007, 10:59 AM
  2. Jim Thomas Live, November 6, 2007
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-06-2007, 06:41 PM
  3. Jim Thomas Live, October 30
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-30-2007, 08:58 PM
  4. Under Tice, Vikings gave Linehan a chance
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-31-2006, 09:21 AM
  5. Linehan puts passion on display
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-21-2006, 10:13 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •