z.nrd Guest

scott wright chat

Hello.

I am new to the forum.

I tried to register in time to join the recent draft chat with scott wright, but, I didn't get my confirmation until today.

So, I was wondering, did anyone save a hard copy of it?

And if so, could you link me to it?

If not, could someone consider posting a copy of it?

Thanks.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: scott wright chat

There is a hard copy in the premium area, you will need to sign up for a premium membership :-)

z.nrd Guest

Well, with all due respect, consider this possibility---something like that (chat with a draft guru) is of interest to all Rams fans, and maybe should not be kept exclusive that way. It should be open to guests...to anyone with an interest in the Rams. Its access shouldn't be restricted.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by z.nrd View Post
    Well, with all due respect, consider this possibility---something like that (chat with a draft guru) is of interest to all Rams fans, and maybe should not be kept exclusive that way. It should be open to guests...to anyone with an interest in the Rams. Its access shouldn't be restricted.
    ...which is why anyone was welcome to attend and participate in the chat when it occurred with no restrictions or limitations based on membership type.

The only restriction is on the archived log of the chat, which we've reserved for premium members. We're always looking for good premium content to make the premium purchase worthwhile for our members since, after all, they're making extra contributions to help fund the site.

We have plenty of other free content available to guests and regular members. Unfortunately, accessing the entire chat archive is something we've reserved for premium membership.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

z.nrd Guest

Bear in mind, I tried to register for the chat. The activation e-mail came about a week later.

We will always disagree about this, though...fwiw. Something like that chat should be widely circulated material available to all Rams fans. It's like the Karraker chats at the herd board. That's really for everyone who cares about the Rams. Rams fans everywhere should have access to it---which is part of the spirit of being an online fan: access to so much good stuff.

I know you see it differently, so I am not going to press it. But think about it.
    Last edited by z.nrd; -04-02-2007 at 11:37 PM. Reason: typos

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I'm sorry that you had registration difficulty the night of the chat. Yours is I believe the only problem I've heard about, come to think of it. We actually had people registering and successfully activating their account within an hour prior to the chat, so I'm not sure what was responsible for the delay in your activation e-mail. :-(

Unfortunately, I just don't think it would be very fair of us to have members signing up and paying for the premium service as a means of supporting the board if we don't give them premium content to make such a membership level worthwhile. If there's no benefit to being a premium member, why sign up? This event seemed like the perfect kind of content to include in the premium section, but again we made the event itself available to everyone who wanted to participate because, as you said, we knew it would be something many Rams fans would be interested in.

Perhaps in the future we can have a window of time where the chat log or other content can be accessed by all members and then afterwards can be moved to the premium forum. It's something we'll certainly explore, but for now it simply would not be fair on our part to have members paying for exclusive privileges and content without actually getting some of our best content in return. Hopefully even if you disagree the explanation at least makes sense.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Nick, you could always release it at a later date into the open public, but i agree that you should have some content solely for premium members. Im not a premium member myself (yet), but i can understand why you need to have something to justify paying for the premium membership.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

That's really for everyone who cares about the Rams. Rams fans everywhere should have access to it---which is part of the spirit of being an online fan: access to so much good stuff.
    And in that same vein, it's not fair that Dez cough up more and more money out of his own pocket to keep this site going either. This site provides information and conversation to all Rams fans everywhere, which is (as you said yourself), the spirit of being an online fan........yet he has never asked for a dime from any member. The premium board is here because some members wanted to help out, but Dez wanted to offer something in return.

In the true spirit of being a fan, we all should be paying Dez for bringing this site to us and keeping it running and growing. Yet here we are discussing this free of charge.

Dez, I haven't said it in a while, but........Thank You, Sir.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

it comes down to three options:

1) having some premium content solely for premium members who pay a fee

2) having everyone pay a membership fee and all content available to all

3) having no clanram

i choose option 1

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Lots of stuff used to be free on the internet, shoot even the internet used to be free.

Now? Sprint asks 60 bucks a month for you to "connected" at all times wireless.

The only thing free in this world anymore is air. Heck, you have to pay 75 cents to air up a tire anymore. Water is costly anymore. The most abundunt resource on Earth gets put in a bottle and sold for 5 bucks at Six Flags.

Here's a quote for you Z from a very very very famous guitarist from Austin, TX: "Money's tight, nothings free. Won't somebody come and rescue me."

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Here's how I see it.

1. It takes 2 seconds to register. Nobody else seems to have had a problem getting on line for the chat.

2. We will not apologize for giving something back to those who have stepped up and helped support this site financially.

3. You clearly have an agenda, Zach. Not sure what site you're connected to now (still the E-Zine, perhaps?) but we really don't need "poachers" with three posts to their name coming here to cut and paste materials that were produced through the efforts of moderators like Nick.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

I'm interested in becoming a premium member, but when I go to register I don't see the option. Could someone be kind enough to explain to me how I go about becoming one?

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    I'm interested in becoming a premium member, but when I go to register I don't see the option. Could someone be kind enough to explain to me how I go about becoming one?
    From Dez's post:

How do I join here you ask?

simple

go to your user CP
    go to Miscellaneous/Paid Subscriptions
    select 1 year $10 and click order
    follow the order proccess and pay via Pay Pal

Once I recieve your payment, I will activate your account.

Make sure you PM me once you have paid and I will activate your account even faster.

Simple.
    This space for rent...

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

thanks.............