Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Scott Wright's latest mock

Here's the top 5:

1. Dolphins - Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU
    2. Rams - Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    3. Jets - Chris Long, DE, Virginia
    4. Patriots(f/SF) - James Lauriniatus, MLB, Ohio St.
    5. Raiders - Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

Just my opinion, but I don't see this team passing on Chris Long for Jake Long. If we go J. Long, we putting our future in the hands of two right tackles (Long and Barron). Not saying it won't work, but it's an adjustment at best. Not to mention, if we get Pace back in form, we are in the situation of either putting our top pick on the bench or giving up on Barron.

OTOH, Chris Long could be worked into the rotation immediately on this D-line. And there's a symbiotic beauty of having Carriker and C. Long on the same line that warms the cockles of my heart.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

denverram is offline Registered User

Re: Scott Wright's latest mock

Has anybody seen Calais Cambell from Miami play much? I saw him once early in the year and he could be an absolute monster in the NFL. I realize he is only a junior but if we can't get Howie's kid is this guy good enough to be an answer at the top of the draft for the Rams?

:notworking:

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I don't think the Rams will end up with the second pick of the draft and more teams need the likes of Jake Long than Chris Long.

onslaught11 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by denverram View Post
    Has anybody seen Calais Cambell from Miami play much? I saw him once early in the year and he could be an absolute monster in the NFL. I realize he is only a junior but if we can't get Howie's kid is this guy good enough to be an answer at the top of the draft for the Rams?

I seen many games with him this year. In the FSU game, he was very slow off the snap and got easily handled one on one by the OT. Many games he was slow and not much of a pass rush move. He is still raw and improve on his technique. I see glimmer of greatness from him but it look like right now due to his athleticism and not any solid football skills.

He is better served to go back for his senior season to improve his skills.

onslaught11 Guest

Talking Re: Scott Wright's latest mock

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I don't think the Rams will end up with the second pick of the draft and more teams need the likes of Jake Long than Chris Long.

Chris Long >> Jake Long

RamWraith is offline Registered User

My choice at his point would be to draft high and low enough for Lauriniatus. A stud Junior from Ohio State and originally from Minnesota. My bet is he stays in school though. I have heard several interviews with him and he sounds pretty committed to his education and finishing up at Ohio State.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by denverram View Post

Yeah im a huge miami fan I live pretty close to the stadioum (about 45 mins) and went to evry home game exept 1, calais had a strong start to the season, but after the texas a&m game where miami won, I honestly haven't heard his name called very much, he has totally dissapeard, as someone else said he is raw, the good and te bad is he is 6'8, which makes it harder for him to get leverage on the onlineman, but he gets down so low and does it so well, he has mastered some things but other things he really needs to work on, his stock is dropping but he will still be a first rounder (if he declares)
    Last edited by HUbison; -11-19-2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: He is 6'8", not 6'4"
    Built RAM tough

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Also I would be happy with kenny phillips if we pick around 7 or 8, he's an absolute beas I've watched him many times
    Built RAM tough

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't think the Rams would go wrong with either Long at this point, but I think there's enough depth at OT to take Chris Long at the top of the first and then come back and take a tackle in round two. Either way the Rams would be adding a proven player at a position of need, so I would be satisfied with either.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

jquarando is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Yeah their is no way we get the second pick. Im thinking 7 or 8 right now barring our miraculous playoff run to the super bowl versus the browns.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I don't think the Rams would go wrong with either Long at this point, but I think there's enough depth at OT to take Chris Long at the top of the first and then come back and take a tackle in round two. Either way the Rams would be adding a proven player at a position of need, so I would be satisfied with either.
    LOL depth at OT... where? I missed it. Our OL has been terrible and thats because of lack of depth and praying on injury prone guys to stay healthy. We need OL.

keith m. klink Guest

we can get premium tackles in round 2-4 if we go that way , which we should , but PLAYMAKING -RUNSTOPPING -DE is what the doctor ordered , and if the rams don't take their medican , they will die .

Baldybouncer is offline Registered User

I think Nick meant depth in the draft at OT...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    LOL depth at OT... where? I missed it. Our OL has been terrible and thats because of lack of depth and praying on injury prone guys to stay healthy. We need OL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldybouncer View Post
    I think Nick meant depth in the draft at OT...
    Exactly. I'm talking about depth in this OT rookie class, not depth on our team. Obviously if we had good depth on this team at OT we wouldn't be talking about taking one in the first two rounds.

Getting a Jeff Otah or Chris Williams at the top of round two after having selected Chris Long at the top of round one would be one very promising first day of drafting. On the flip side, if you take Jake Long in round one, what DE do you come back and take in round two? I think the depth in this class at DE is more questionable. You'd have to be banking on a Chris Ellis or Lawrence Jackson being available there. IMO right now with the way the board is generally stacked, it makes more sense to go Chris Long then OT in round two.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

My vote is to go after Chris Long.

Does Fred Smerlas have any kids??? If he does draft them next.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast