throwback week

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    PossumBoy9 Guest

Re: Scott Wright's latest mock

Quote Originally Posted by ramsplaya16 View Post
    Its a figure of speech....and can you please answer my previous post?
    I certainly understand it's a figure of speech. Does the guy who wrote about it?

As far as Setterstrom being average goes....has he shown otherwise? Now he's coming back from a season-ending injury. Do you think that'll make him better?

I have no problem at Setterstrom. I don't think it's a problem to desire upgrades at a bunch of positions, though.

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I'd trade that CB for a stud Strong or Middle linebacker. Chris Long, a healthy and the two rookies on the line, with Wroten and hell, even Glover behind them. Hall as a third end. Pisa, Spoon, new linebacker and either Chillar or Draft as a 4th. Brown and Hill are starting quality with a pass rush to help them. Wade and Bartell are good backups. Otogwe is fair enough and Chavous could be a backup, but we do indeed need a star safety. If we could put in some injury clauses, then I'd be extremely happy with Sanders.

I'd prefer a new one for the reason that maybe he'd have some tackling hands. That's been our main issue and if our current guys could tackle, we'd be a lot better.
    It's interesting that you say that. I agree CB is far from a priority at this stage, but the way i tend to see it is that if you can provide some quality pass rush, then our CBs are instantaneousky better. I think if Sanders is able and willing, we'd be foolish not to grab him. He is one of the best safeties in the game. I don't know how you'd go gettting that level of productivity from a rookie.

I think a stud MLB/SLB is further down the list of priorities, pending the signing of Chillar in the offseason. I think he should be re-signed, but if not, then i'd say go after a big fish in free agency. Football's Future says that Karlos Dansby or Lance Briggs should become available, and I'd be happy with either of them.

I think we have too many larger needs to go after a LB on day one, unless we end up in a position where Laurinitis is the BPA, and Spoon is open to moving outside again. I think he's fine where he is, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
    No such thing as the "injury bug".
    Injury bug: Predominantly unnstoppable growth that's never found on winning teams.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -11-23-2007 at 08:04 PM.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
    I certainly understand it's a figure of speech. Does the guy who wrote about it?

As far as Setterstrom being average goes....has he shown otherwise? Now he's coming back from a season-ending injury. Do you think that'll make him better?

I have no problem at Setterstrom. I don't think it's a problem to desire upgrades at a bunch of positions, though.
    Im not saying your wrong because I agree with you to some extent, setterstrom is a pretty good run blocker from what I've seen, his pass blocking is average, but I agree with you that we could upgrade him
    Built RAM tough

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345