Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Screw (mediocre) Fisher!!!!!!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Screw (mediocre) Fisher!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    He's like the Matt Hasselbeck or Kerry Collins of coaching--he's too good not to want him when you've been losing, but you don't really expect him to build a dynasty. Hiring a coordinator, on the other hand, is like hoping to draft the next Peyton Manning. You're hoping the past success of the guy you pick will translate well in a new role with greater responsibilities.
    So you think there's a relationship between our drafting success and coaching success?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    So you think there's a relationship between our drafting success and coaching success?
    You could say that. Of course, it cuts both ways. Good coaching gets the best out of the players, and good players make their coaches' jobs easy. You need both to win titles.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Again, we have absolutely NO IDEA what Fisher values in a prospective job or what has been offered by whom. This animosity towards him is both ridiculous and illogical- made so because we've hung on every word these alleged media "insiders" have given us for the past week. They've been wrong about absolutely EVERYTHING- starting with the belief Fisher would be coming to the Rams last Monday or Tuesday. You can't believe a word they say.

It's understandable we're all frustrated with a process that's been more drawn out than it should be and with the fountain of misinformation we've been fed for the better part of a week. But let's keep some perspective.

I can only speak for myself but any animosity I feel is more of a defense mechanism. We have lost so much in the past years on the field competition for HC and losing there.....well you see where I am going. Writing off Fisher because of delay is akin to curling up to protect oneself from being kicked, again.

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I can only speak for myself but any animosity I feel is more of a defense mechanism. We have lost so much in the past years on the field competition for HC and losing there.....well you see where I am going. Writing off Fisher because of delay is akin to curling up to protect oneself from being kicked, again.
    Yeah, I hear ya', Macrammer, the frustration of losing and being a 2nd class citizen has worn on all of us. This delay is nonsense- made more so by all the media who have provided us nothing but false information. My basic point, however, is that one shouldn't allow their frustration to get to the point where they're disparaging Fisher's coaching ability, which is just plain ridiculous.
    makersncoke likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12