Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Varg6's Avatar
    Varg6 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,612
    Rep Power
    43

    Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    Gruden just got fired, along with the GM.

    His crudentials are good enough for me, a superbowl, plenty of playoff appearances? He usually has a solid team playing for him. We should hire him...

    Discuss.



    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

  2. #2
    HornIt's Avatar
    HornIt is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    406
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    Can he get Monte Kiffin to dump his son and come coach the Rams defense with him?

    If so, okay.

    If not, no thanks.

  3. #3
    maineram's Avatar
    maineram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Brunswick, Maine
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    Interesting option for the Rams. If not Gruden, but some of his assistants ? Didn't Morris just get promoted to DC ??

    Also, who on our list will hold off to see what the Bucs will offer !!

    Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

  4. #4
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,290
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    His crudentials are good enough for me, a superbowl, plenty of playoff appearances? He usually has a solid team playing for him.
    Let's clarify this résumé a little bit. He won a Super Bowl with Dungy's team in his first year, then proceeded to go 45-51 and only make the playoffs two more times in six years. He lost in the Wild Card round in both of those playoff appearances. The Bucs were 9-3 at the end of November and then lost four in a row on their way out of the playoff race.

  5. #5
    flying t-bird's Avatar
    flying t-bird is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    i would definately take gruden over garrett any day of week

  6. #6
    Varg6's Avatar
    Varg6 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,612
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Let's clarify this résumé a little bit. He won a Super Bowl with Dungy's team in his first year, then proceeded to go 45-51 and only make the playoffs two more times in six years. He lost in the Wild Card round in both of those playoff appearances. The Bucs were 9-3 at the end of November and then lost four in a row on their way out of the playoff race.
    I'm just saying he brings that "I'm gonna kick your ass if you don't perform" atmosphere to the table and he has experience as a head coach. I want to give a new guy a shot, but at the same time I wouldn't have a problem with hiring Gruden. Would you?


    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

  7. #7
    L.A.RamFan's Avatar
    L.A.RamFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    L.A. California
    Posts
    31
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Gruden just got fired, along with the GM.

    His crudentials are good enough for me, a superbowl, plenty of playoff appearances? He usually has a solid team playing for him. We should hire him...

    Discuss.
    Completely agree! Would love to have him in STL.

  8. #8
    bigfella is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    I would love Gruden to come to St Louis. Besides he looks 1000 times better than Jason Garrett

  9. #9
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,290
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I'm just saying he brings that "I'm gonna kick your ass if you don't perform" atmosphere to the table and he has experience as a head coach. I want to give a new guy a shot, but at the same time I wouldn't have a problem with hiring Gruden. Would you?
    I'm giving Billy Devaney the benefit of the doubt with whomever he chooses, because not only do I like what he's brought to the organization so far, not only because he's helped do this before, but he's in the room and we're not. I'll give whomever he chooses a chance to right this ship, whether it's Gruden (very unlikely given the timing) or someone else.

    But as a fan, I can't help but ask what Gruden has done since inheriting a Super Bowl caliber team in 2002? He's had six years since then, has a losing record over that span, and has reached the playoffs twice only to be sent home early both times. Doesn't exactly sound thrilling to me, personally.

  10. #10
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,571
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Doesn't exactly sound thrilling to me, personally.
    Likewise!

    To much emphasis on one guy and it's not even tennis we're talking about.



  11. #11
    clarasDK is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denmark
    Age
    39
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    No way don't hire Gruden.

    Gruden has done absolutly nothing for the Bucs in the last many years. He took over Dungy's team and won the SB the first year based on Dungy's work. For the rest of the time the Bucs Offence has been bad (and Gruden should be an Offensive guru?) and only Kiffin's D have kept them in games.

  12. #12
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,766
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    But as a fan, I can't help but ask what Gruden has done since inheriting a Super Bowl caliber team in 2002? He's had six years since then, has a losing record over that span, and has reached the playoffs twice only to be sent home early both times. Doesn't exactly sound thrilling to me, personally.
    He apparently alienated more than a few players and assistant coaches during his long stint in Tampa .. This was mentioned during a discussion on ESPN Radio as I was driving home .. Also stated that the Rams will wait until after the AFC Championship game to name a head coach -- we'll see about that I guess ...

  13. #13
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,205
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    Okay, we need another, updated HC candidates poll!

  14. #14
    SFCRamFan's Avatar
    SFCRamFan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ft Walton Beach, Florida
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,005
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    Just say no to Chucky. He had a great team and ran it into the ground. And don't even get me started on his QB choices over the years...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

  15. #15
    unorthodox1999's Avatar
    unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    645
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Screw the other picks, hire Gruden!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Let's clarify this résumé a little bit. He won a Super Bowl with Dungy's team in his first year, then proceeded to go 45-51 and only make the playoffs two more times in six years. He lost in the Wild Card round in both of those playoff appearances. The Bucs were 9-3 at the end of November and then lost four in a row on their way out of the playoff race.
    Works for me, were taking the chance on a rookie coach anyway right?..You would be crazy not to want Gruden on the team..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jared Allen sent to Vikings for 3 draft picks
    By Tampa_Ram in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -04-23-2008, 06:21 PM
  2. Jim Thomas Live, Jan 4th
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-05-2008, 09:34 AM
  3. J. Thomas Live, 12-27
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -12-28-2007, 11:46 AM
  4. All Time Draft Picks 1-32
    By ImJohnWayne in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -04-26-2007, 05:25 PM
  5. [Bucs] Gruden Is Loud - With A Purpose
    By DJRamFan in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-16-2004, 06:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •