ardavandavari is offline Registered User

Seahags didnt beat us, rams killed themselves

We had this game, if we score the 3 points, if we get 11 man and score the block fg, if we didnt get dumb penalties we would have won this game. I am not giving up on this season, We need to play right, and just block a little better and we are going to win

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Seahags didnt beat us, rams killed themselves

I agree. We had a terrible day full of penalties.

Next week will be better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Thats the spirit!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

maxxdigger is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ardavandavari View Post
    We had this game, if we score the 3 points, if we get 11 man and score the block fg, if we didnt get dumb penalties we would have won this game. I am not giving up on this season, We need to play right, and just block a little better and we are going to win
    I don't think we win, But the fans would have come away with the feeling like the rams are headed in the right direction

Spicyterroraki is offline Registered User

I somewhat agree. The Hawks left a lot to be desired in the 1st Half, ESPECIALLY in the 1st Quarter. I agree the Rams shot themselves in the foot a handful of times. That said though, once our offense got on a roll and worked out some bugs the Hawks looked like a much superior team. To shut any team out in the NFL is quite a task in itself I dont care who you are playing.
    I thought the St. Louis D showed up strong early on but fell off as the game progressed. Saw Long make some nice plays. Road Warrior James made a lot of quality plays. Laurent looked pretty good as well. I think you guys could get things going in the next couple years with the addition of your next franchise qb and a stud receiver in addition to Jason Smith maturing into your rock on the O Line and a little more discipline.

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

In the first half, it was anybody's game. Both teams did an admirable job of shooting themselves in the foot. But I think we earned our victory in the second half, therefore I disagree with the premise of this thread.

Truth is online now Registered User

No one should be giving up on the season after yesterdays game. We may have made plenty of mistakes, but unlike last year, we kept trying. That's a BIG improvement.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

It's interesting that so many people comment that the extra guy on the field negated the blocked FG and subsequent TD but nobody mentions that it probably wouldn't have ever happened without the additional man on the field, especially since the guy who blocked it was by his own admission the guy that wasn't supposed to be on the field.

First, Ah You learned that the Rams had 12 men on the field, negating the play. Second, and most crushing, he discovered that he was the guilty party.

"I didn't know until after I got to the sideline. That's when I realized it," said Ah You, who made the 53-man roster after a strong training camp and was appearing in his first NFL regular-season game.
    "I wasn't supposed to be out there," he said. "I just wasn't paying attention with the personnel that was out there. It was a mistake on my part, and it cost us."
    Despite his distress, Ah You at least was able to muster some gallows humor. "I wondered why I came in there so clean," he said. "Now I know."
    Rams get block knocked off - STLtoday.com
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

kegger56 is offline Registered User

I think the Hawks were superior, but the Rams have alot of reasons to be excited! First this game showed that no matter what the Rams will never give up! THAT IS HUGE! The Rams have young studs at key positions! The problem I see si that I feel Bulger needs to be replaced sooner rather than later (next years draft perhaps?) I think the Rams will surprise people this year and that by the end of the year teams won't want to play them! Things will gel and when they do you guys will be good!

Hass2Housh is offline Registered User

I agree. St. Louis had chances to win but their calls shot them in the foot. Poor Sportsmanship, and Brown's missed field goal surprised me especially since Brown was always Clutch in big situations...

I figure our next meeting in Edward Jones will probably be a win for you...we got a tough schedule, and us traveling has never been really good.

Like I said before, you and your Rams will come back. Just do us a favor, and kill Arizona's asses. God, I hate them...

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

Terrible performance plagued with penalties. We could not make ANYTHING happen after OJ and Butler had those INTs. The offense couldn't get anything going. I dont rememeber the exact statistic but I think we had 6-13 drives end in punts, most of them being 3-and-outs. Jaxx did well, but we didn't feed him the ball enough and that needs to change. We had Hasselback right where we wanted him in the first quarter and let him slip away the rest of the game. The FG block that was called back and resulted in a SEA touchdown was a HUGE morale killer going into the half. The o-line did fairly well first half, but couldn't keep it up in the second. I still feel like we aren't getting enough pressure on the QB at all, we need more intricate blitz packages. Spags should come in handy for that . Things need to change this weekend against the skins and they better not only for the Rams, but for me too, I live in D.C. I dont wanna hear it from the Skins fans. Come on St. Louis!