Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    joka is offline Registered User

Re: Seahags love Cogs

Do you not get the impression it does his ego some good to be renowned for penalties rather than plays though. For me therein lies the problem.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Intensity is wonderful; I wish more of the Rams possessed it- but Incognito crosses the line from being an intense football player to being a careless, dirty player who hurts his team with stupidity. He had this rap on him in college and still hasn't learned to temper his emotions.

When you're a lousy football team, you don't have the luxury of trying to work with guys in the hopes of bringing them around- you get rid of them and bring in people who will be intelligent, winning players.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Get under their skins. Or feathers in this case. Get in their head, then BAM! Long ball to Avery. haha

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey
    You guys defending Incognito simply don't get it. His lack of poise and self control have hurt the Rams more than they've helped.
    This question has been open for sometime now, awaiting a response. I will bump it again.

Which games have Incognito cost us?

But HUb, he almost cost us the Skins game!

And I almost married a country star. That doesn't get me a guitar shaped swimming pool in the backyard.

The point is, the public image of Incognito is a caricature created by the media to get readers. Vastly overblown by writers and too easily gobbled up by fans. The truth is Cogs is the best OL on this roster, and one of only a handful that even seems to care right now.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    The problem I have is that he sucks as a blocker! To inconsistent and over rated.
    Wraith, my friend, I couldn't disagree more. Watching the games it is painfully obvious that he is the best OL the Rams have. And I don't see how someone as maligned as Incognito could possibly be OVERrated. If anything, the guy is UNDERrated.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

I completely disagree with the way he plays, oh wait.......

is that the seattle commenting?... GET EM COGS!!!!!!

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    This question has been open for sometime now, awaiting a response. I will bump it again.

Which games have Incognito cost us?
    There was a Seattle game a couple of years ago in whch one of his bonehead penalties cost us a conversion and ultimately the game.

November 12, 2006 @ Seattle.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

HUbison-

Come on, now, I assumed you were smarter than that. Incognito has cost the Rams field position and momentum too many times to count over the past two seasons. He's the best guy on this line, huh? More an indictment of how the rest of them stink rather than an illustration of Incognito's ability. Kind of like praising someone for being the tallest dwarf- it doesn't mean a helluva lot.

Having intensity and wanting to win is of no value if you play without poise. Terrell Owens wants to win, too and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who feels his latest antics are anything other than counterproductive.

Oh, yeah- and Incognito had three more penalties today- one of which took St. Louis out of field goal range in the 2nd half. Go ahead,keep defending him.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Oh, yeah- and Incognito had three more penalties today- one of which took St. Louis out of field goal range in the 2nd half. Go ahead,keep defending him.
    He also had a 4th penalty that was offset by a Seattle infraction and was responsible for Bulger getting creamed after a feeble attempt at trying to block Rocky Bernard at the end of the second quarter. Overall, not a good performance. I guess the good news is that he didn't get any unsportsmanlike conduct calls against him.....

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Watching the games it is painfully obvious that he is the best OL the Rams have.
    Surely you're joking, HUb? Do the words "Orlando Pace" mean nothing to you?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    There was a Seattle game a couple of years ago in whch one of his bonehead penalties cost us a conversion and ultimately the game.

A year later he pretty much cost the Rams a game against Arizona with 4 penalties amounting to 50 yards, promting him to say the following after the game:

It was all on my shoulders,” Incognito said. “I shouldn’t have been in those situations. Really, I let my emotions get the best of me. It was my first game back. I was real hyped up. Playing the hometown team, and that was all my fault. I killed us today.

RANDYRAM Guest

This is all due to the coaching staff letting this guy not be accountable for his actions!!
    If your a coach you can not let this kind of stuff go unpunished!! As a team every time
    a player gets a penalty the whole team has to do win sprints for every yard lost!!
    This not only sends the message that you as a coach will not put up with this conduct!!!
    It gets the team in shape!
    the players become accountable to one another and the team concept!
    The team wins,looses,gets penalized,get punished as a team!!
    In the words of cool hand Luke(WHAT WE HAVE HERE IS FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE!)
    SO BLAME THE COACH! NOT JUST THE PLAYERS!

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post

We lost that game by two, so he may have cost us a tie. Of course, if Bulger and Bruce hook up on the 2nd attempt, it's a moot point. Or if the Kickoff team hadn't let Scobey run to midfield on the ensuing kickoff; or if the punt team had not given up a 90 yard TD return to Burleson a series before; Or if on that same series Jackson gets to the line of scrimmage on the 2nd & 7 instead of taking a 2 yard loss, then the pass to Bruce is a first down, thereby removing the punt to begin with; or the Barron false start moving a 3rd & 4 to a 3rd & 9 which was followed by what would have been a 1st down pass to McDonald to open the 3rd quarter; and the list goes on and on.

Point being.........there is NO play that can be singled out to "cost a game". All 7 of the penalties from that game were costly, not just the 1 from Incognito.

Quote Originally Posted by DistantRam View Post
    Surely you're joking, HUb? Do the words "Orlando Pace" mean nothing to you?
    Right now today, Cogs is a better lineman. Anytime prior to this season that is NOT true; however, this year that has shifted.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    A year later he pretty much cost the Rams a game against Arizona with 4 penalties amounting to 50 yards, promting him to say the following after the game:
    One penalty was on an extra point attempt that was enforced on the kickoff. That kickoff led to a 3-&-out by Arizona. The next two penalties came on the same series that ended with a Frerotte interception. The ensuing Cardinals series ended with a Kurt Warner interception.

The final penalty may be the only one that actually caused any damage. On 2nd & 3, Leonard ran for 1 yard that would have made it a 3rd & 2; however, Cogs holding penalty made it 2nd & 13 instead. Frerotte's next play was an interception. Maybe, if Cogs doesn't commit that penalty, Leonard runs 2 yards on 3rd down. Of course, maybe if Cogs doesn't hold, Leonard gets hit in the backfield for a loss and the pass has to be made anyway. And the defense had two 3rd and long chances on the next series and stopped neither.

Again, there's no way to pin a game on one player.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast