Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: SeaHags start trouble at Rams website

macrammer is offline Registered User

Re: SeaHags start trouble at Rams website

yawn. Seahags fans excited about their team and talking smack. Yawn.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    I would have to disagree here. I cannot think of a single game where a bad decision (call or non-call) by the officials that changed a RAMS loss to a win (since the move to St. Louis). I can think of no less than three games (many more calls in those games) this year alone where a bad decision by the officials turned a very likely win into a loss.

Then there are teams like the digits (I am starting to really like this nickname), cheatroits, and stealers where there are more win influencing decisions than there are loss influencing decisions. Maybe these aren't intentional, and are just 'benefit of the doubt - based on reputation' type of decisions, but they still are inconsistent applications of the NFL rule book.

Am I saying the officials have never made a mistake in the RAMS favor? ABSOLUTELY NOT. But not one of those mistakes was a game changer.

gap
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I was going to use the time the officials didnt notice the clock mismanagement by the time/clock keepers in the Lions game. but i guess since that was a non call that doesnt count.
    That is one of the three I was counting, and it turned a "very likely win into a loss". During the game, FOX showed Fisher talking to the officials before he called the timeout. I can only imagine he was trying to get them to reset the game and play clocks, and they wouldn't adjust (the official even shaking his head). Even though I did say call or non-call, that is actually a call. The officials called the time keeping valid, so Fisher was forced to take a timeout that was unnecessary, and then forced to run another play before the two minute warning, which also wasn't necessary. I don't see how the officials refusing to reset the game and play clocks turns a likely loss into a win, as we didn't win, and the Lions had a minumum of 48 extra game seconds to win. Take away 48 seconds from 115, and that's 67 seconds. It took them 75 game seconds to get into FG range. Game over with a RAMS win.

gap

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Love this,,,

Forum User
    Post subject: Rams put the Seahawks in the NFL record book
    Posted: 29 Dec 2012 00:53 am
    The Rams and Seahawks were teams going in different directions in 1979.

The Seahawks had won 3 out of their last 4 games.

In those three wins, Seattle averaged 33 points and 350 yards a game.

The previous Monday night, the Seahawks had scored their biggest victory. The Seahawks came from behind to beat the Atlanta Falcons 31-28.

The Rams had lost three straight games and would be playing before a hostile crowd in Seattle's Kingdome

The Seahawks were a 3 point favorites.

But the Rams came to play.

The Ram offense was awesome, rushing for over 300 yards. They had the ball for over 45 minutes and rolled up 500 yards.

First TD was a sweep by Wendell Tyler. Then Haden threw a 2 yard TD to Charlie Young.

After one quarter it was 14-0 Rams.

With the Rams at 149 total yards to Seattle's 6.

Wendell Tyler rushing for 86 of those 1st quarter yards. Haden in the second quarter hit Drew Hill on a 17 yard TD. Making it 21-0 Rams

Pat Haden was having his best game of the season, throwing 2 TD's and completed his last 13 passes in a row when he broke his ring finger and was replaced by rookie Jeff Rutledge.

Haden hit Elvis Peacock on a swing pass and made super run for a 58 yard TD. It was brought back for illigal procedure penalty.

But, that run showed the talent we lost.

The Ram defense was even better.

Coach Malavasi and Bud Carson designed a defensive scheme playing Elmendorf and Eddie Brown on the line.

That truly befuddled the Seahawks.

When the first half ended, the explosive Seattle offense had no first down and zero yards. At the half the Rams had 18 fist downs to the Seahawk 0.

The Seahawks' first play of the second half was a completed pass from Jim Zorn to Steve Largent, the play gained 11 yards, good for a first down. For Seattle, that was as good as it got.

The Seahawks never earned another first down. And they never got closer to the goal line than that, eight yards shy of midfield.

The Seahawks at one time got their offensive total up to 23 yards, but the Rams kept sacking (7 times) Jim Zorn for losses.

For the last quarter of the game, the only suspense was whether the Seahawks could raise their net yardage into the black.

The Seahawks had just moved into positive yardage for the day. 2 total yards, to be exact. They called a pass play, and Youngblood beat the blocker to sack Zorn for a 9 yard loss.

Those nine yards put Seattle at minus-7 total yards for the game. To this day, that is the record for fewest yards allowed in a game by any defense in the history of the NFL.

29 first downs to the Seahaw's 1.

With minutes left in the game, Zorn scrambled and Dryer didn't pursue like Malavasi wanted him to and screamed at Dryer "Get your axx in gear".

Freddie, said "screw you, Ray, it's 24-0".

To Malavasi's reply "screw me? Screw you."

The game film picked up both Dryer and Malavasi lips. Which they ran in slo-mo that busted up the team.

Los Angeles Rams - YouTube

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

Those nine yards put Seattle at minus-7 total yards for the game. To this day, that is the record for fewest yards allowed in a game by any defense in the history of the NFL.

I remember that game! I remembered our record for futility, but I'd forgotten who the opponent was.

I was in the Navy at the time. I had gotten to see the first couple minutes, but got called away for refueling detail. I was pissed. But after the game, another Seahawk fan who had watched the game (a guy who was older and notably out of shape) came and told me about how bad the game was. He said they played so bad, "I could have beaten the Seahawks! By myself! Naked!" That comment, and the say he said it, always makes me laugh whenever I think about it.

Not to take anything away from the Rams defense, of course. Regardless of how bad the Seahawks played, a team doesn't put a historic beat-down on another team without playing an outstanding game themselves. (I need only look back the past few weeks to see how true that is.)

OldRamsfan is offline Registered User

Ya I saw the as well, It was a game that was so dominated by the Rams or any other tram it may never be forgotten. The SeaHags with out a doubt played very poorly ! but the Rams played their butts off , Light out. when the Seahag fans came on the Rams site ans started I could not help my self lol lol. I'm very concerned about this game to be honest, But we have what it takes to beat them. As long as we play well and execute. remember a game a few years ago were we went up their Mark B was the QB we were behind a bunch and came back to win the game.

Its not part of who I am to hate, So I don't hate the SeaHags lol but over the years the players during different time frames and a number of the fans were just ugly in the things they said about our team and us as Rams fans which I'm sure has not gone over well with Rams fans. Not to say many RAMS fans did not have their moments lol , But when a team and their a big number of their fans be extremely rude alot of the time that can bug lol.

I guess it makes for a good rivalry between the teams and thats what many like to see. )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12