AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Seahawks 2-0 but, like Rams, not perfect

Well, after two weeks, the NFC standings will look like this:

Seahawks 2-0
    Rams 1-1
    Cardinals 0-2
    ***** 0-2

The Seahawks have done well to get two road wins in the first two weeks, but they are far from a perfect team.

They have only scored 31 points in two games, and today their offensive numbers were poor: (Hasselbeck 12-26, 147 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int.; Rushing offense: 23 carries, 56 yards).

The point is, its still early, and there's a lot of football to play.

The Rams have their problems, but who doesn't? Let's start a winning streak NOW!!!!!!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Seahawks 2-0 but, like Rams, not perfect

The 2003 Seahawks started out 2-0 as well. Too early to be crying about the end of the world as some seem to be doing.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

If we start off the season 1-3, then I'll believe this team has serious, inavoidable issues. But I still think we'll start off the season 3-1.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

The Rams had a tough start last year also. It's not the start that matters. It's what they do to adjust and correct as the season goes on that matters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

This is almost like last year. Lose a game on the road when the O-line doesn't show up, and barely win the home opener. Lets see...what was our record at this time last year? Oh yeah, 1-1 and I think we ended up with a decent record. It is still early, but I will be keeping a close eye on how this team responsds on Sunday.
    Sprtsmac :football:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sprtsmac
    This is almost like last year. Lose a game on the road when the O-line doesn't show up, and barely win the home opener. Lets see...what was our record at this time last year? Oh yeah, 1-1 and I think we ended up with a decent record. It is still early, but I will be keeping a close eye on how this team responsds on Sunday.
    Ourstanding point, sprtsmac! Let's compare, shall we...

We start '03 with a 13-23 loss on the road to a very weak Giants. We follow that up with a home win that, were it not for the moronic play of Cedric Wilson, would have been a loss. Yet we find a way to come back and win 11 of the next 14. This year we win a home game with a few hiccups, then go on the road and lose 17-34 to a good team (at minimum better than the Giants last season). Last season 5 of our last 14 games were against playoff teams. This year 6 of our last 14 games are against playoff teams. Coulple that with Martz similar win % against both playoff teams and non-playoff teams and all of a sudden...this schedule isn't exactly the snake pit some think it is.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Aries51 is offline Registered User

Two games that looked really difficult on the schedule early on dont look so bad now.Both the Bucs and the Dolphins are 0-2 and appear to have worse problems than we do at this point.If we can come out of the first four games sitting at 3-1 I'll feel a lot better about our chances.It's still early...
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

I really think this next game will say a lot. If the Rams come out fired up and play emotional football on both sides of the ball we'll be ok. But if they come out like they did against the Falcons it could be a long game and a long season. I just want to see some emotion out of these guys. I want them to get all fired up and take the game to the Saints.
    Sprtsmac :football:

rampete is offline Registered User

predicting the outcomes of games based solely on last seasons win/loss records is inconsistent at best. the falcons were miserable last season but with a healthy vick and a newly installed aggressive defense the falcons may challenge for a playoff spot this year. other teams like the bucs, chiefs and dolphins are all 0-2 despite the success they enjoyed last season. they may bounce back later in the season but who would've thunk that they would be winless at this point.

i think you've gotta look at an nfl season like a boxing match with each game being analogous to rounds. how a team respond to losing is as important as establishing win streaks.

this was a poor showing by the entire team, save holt and bruce, but the season is still young and players have been known to improve...