Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sadhappy

Thread: Seahawks fan here

sadhappy is offline Registered User

Seahawks fan here

Good game.

Don't know why your team didn't feature Steven Jackson more in the red zone, make no sense. the rams made some plays, lloyd really abused our corners. The rams were gamers well into the second half.

I hope that the rams see brighter days ahead (at least when they aren't playing the Seahawks!).

-s
    lostsoul likes this.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Re: Seahawks fan here

Man KJ Wright is a monster.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Thanks for keeping it classy (unlike Richard Sherman )

When McDaniels/Spags opted not to run Jackson on that goal line drive, and didn't even put him in for the first couple of plays, it just added evidence upon my already huge stack that our coaching staff is far worse than just inadequate; they have no idea what they are doing.

I admire Carroll's character. When y'all scored, the camera would pan to him and he would be high-fiving, hugging guys and giving off a positive vibe.

The times where we can barely scrounge up a TD, the camera pans to Spaguolo and he's just standing there with a dumbfounded look.

I'm also impressed with y'all's secondary. They are a bunch of mean sons of bizatches. They have a ton of potential.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Always appreciate a classy fan from an opposing team.

We've got a ton of questions about this team. Looks like you guys are on the right track with Carroll. And that secondary is HUGE! Biggest group of DBs I've seen in a while.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the year.

Thanks guys.

yea, teams think they can attack the outside, but they keep forgetting that while they may beat our corners on double moves or draw the occasional PI call, our CBs intercept a lot of balls and they're backed up by the best safety tandem in the league. Safety blitzes scare me tho..i don't like browner and sherman on an island.

KJ Wright had a good game and showed why the team was comfortable with letting Aaron curry go for a six pack and some smokes.

But the real Baller is Doug Baldwin. can you belive we only signed that kid to a one year deal? yea, he's gonna get paid.

on the rams side of things, I hope steven jackson kicked McD in the nuts after the game. What a ****head. Feed that man, don't try to outsmart yourself!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sadhappy View Post
    Thanks guys.

yea, teams think they can attack the outside, but they keep forgetting that while they may beat our corners on double moves or draw the occasional PI call, our CBs intercept a lot of balls and they're backed up by the best safety tandem in the league. Safety blitzes scare me tho..i don't like browner and sherman on an island.

KJ Wright had a good game and showed why the team was comfortable with letting Aaron curry go for a six pack and some smokes.
    He sure is making people forget about Curry. If only Curry had panned out too, y'all would have an amazing linebacker corps.

But the real Baller is Doug Baldwin. can you belive we only signed that kid to a one year deal? yea, he's gonna get paid.
    Yeah, he came out to play today. Wish our rookie receiver (Austin Pettis) could do that.

on the rams side of things, I hope steven jackson kicked McD in the nuts after the game. What a ****head. Feed that man, don't try to outsmart yourself!!!!!!!
    The thing is with Jackson, our line doesn't open holes often for him, plus he is aging and slowing down. When he runs with authority and smashes through the hole, he gets yards. When he decides to do his impression of the jitter bug in the backfield, he gets stopped.

We aren't utilizing Jackson in the right way. Sometimes we run him too much consecutively, sometimes we run him when we're supposed to pass, and vice versa. It reinforces my issues on the coaching staff.

Curry was a disaster. what if my ass. screw that guy. I'm glad this front office had the sack to send him packing.

The only blessing from that disastrous year is we didn't take Sanchez. The top 10 of the 2009 draft was historically bad.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    When he runs with authority and smashes through the hole, he gets yards. When he decides to do his impression of the jitter bug in the backfield, he gets stopped.
    This is one of the most annoying stereotypes I hear much to often about Jackson. To much "dancin". What do you expect him to do when he gets the ball and theres absolutely no movement on the line and the linebackers have already plugged the gaps? Somehow, he still has managed to average over 4.0 ypc in his career without an o-line and passing game to back him up. Its a shame we will never know how good he couldve been. Think if teams were given the luxury of putting eight defenders in the box every play, he would be even more dominating. Such a shame...and to think I heard some guy in the gym the other day talking about how "selfish" Jackson was. Makes me sick.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    This is one of the most annoying stereotypes I hear much to often about Jackson. To much "dancin". What do you expect him to do when he gets the ball and theres absolutely no movement on the line and the linebackers have already plugged the gaps? Somehow, he still has managed to average over 4.0 ypc in his career without an o-line and passing game to back him up. Its a shame we will never know how good he couldve been. Think if teams were given the luxury of putting eight defenders in the box every play, he would be even more dominating. Such a shame...and to think I heard some guy in the gym the other day talking about how "selfish" Jackson was. Makes me sick.
    You know, I used to get really frustrated with the way SJ would jump cut in the backfield. That is, until I really looked at the line. Generally, the hole isn't where it's supposed to be. In fact, it's very rare that there's any kind of hole at all. That's because our O-line is not only porous on pass blocking, they are almost completely inept at run blocking. He jumps to find some kind of openning. Think of how good this guy could be behind a real o-line.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    You know, I used to get really frustrated with the way SJ would jump cut in the backfield. That is, until I really looked at the line. Generally, the hole isn't where it's supposed to be. In fact, it's very rare that there's any kind of hole at all. That's because our O-line is not only porous on pass blocking, they are almost completely inept at run blocking. He jumps to find some kind of openning. Think of how good this guy could be behind a real o-line.
    Yeah a real o line and a passing game that actually forces the D to use both of their safeties in pass protection.

SeahawkSailor is offline Registered User

I agree about not using Steven Jackson on the goal line there. It was completely befuddling why you guys didn't even put him in the game there. That was some horrible play-calling. Jackson was doing better than Lynch at the beginning of the game, and then you just stopped running him. If I recall correctly, most of his yardage came in the first quarter or a little more. Sure, you don't run the ball when behind, but you do when you're first and goal from short yardage. Jackson may be a little older now, but he's still one of the better RB's in the league.

Thanks for the props on the secondary. We really lucked out there. After losing Trufant and then Thurmond, a lot of us thought we were in for a long year of being consistently burned long. Browner and Sherman have stepped up beyond our wildest expectations, and Chancellor and Thomas are playing at Pro Bowl levels.

The big surprise as Sadhappy said, is Doug Baldwin. The kid is special. So special he could be the first undrafted receiver to lead his team in receptions since the 1950's or 60's.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusRam View Post
    I don't know about you, but I would rather have a RB run into a non-existent hole and get a no gainer, rather than dance and get stopped for a loss. And guess what, that is what other RBs in this league do.