Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bosna-Ram is offline Registered User

Seahawks fans talking

Here is what some seahawk's fans are saying on their forums:

VancitySeahawk said: "Lets face it, the NFL wants the Rams to win because a 8-8 division winner looks a lot better than a 7-9 division winner. Don't be surprised to see a lot of calls going against us on Sunday."

Largent80 said: "Clan Ram is cool, and has been for years, classy guys over there."

HAWKIN A said: "Who else is worried by the fact that Sam Bradford is having possibly the best rookie season EVER!! If he turns into the next Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, that could spell the end of playoff runs for the Seahawks for a decade to come!"
    Last edited by Bosna-Ram; -12-31-2010 at 11:13 AM.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Re: Seahawks fans talking

I love it.

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

I guess VancitySeahawk never really got over the superbowl loss, his referee skepticism runs deep.
    Defence Wins Championships

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Holt Your Horses View Post
    I guess VancitySeahawk never really got over the superbowl loss, his referee skepticism runs deep.
    I can understand where he is coming from I have never gotten over Super Bowl 36 and we all know what happened in that game with the refs.
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -01-01-2011 at 12:21 PM.

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

MANY of us have never really gotten over that Super Bowl. And officiating hasn't gotten much better since then.

If, after that debacle, the commissioner and Baghdad Mike (Pereira) had used the game as the impetus for some officiating reform, we would have at least had some closure. Instead, they swept it all under the rug and pretended like everything went great and that there was only one questionable call in the entire game, and it wasn't until almost 5 years later that Bill Levy apologized to Seattle for messing up two calls in the 4th quarter. Too little, too late, as far as closure is concerned.

What made it worse is that the entire country minus Pennsylvania felt that the refs had given the game to the rustbuckets. The only people saying that Super Bowl wasn't given away were Steeler fans, Seahawk haters, and people on the NFL payroll. Those people accused us of whining, and soon that became the clarion call, and people seemed to forget completely about the hose job.

So yeah, for a lot of us, it's still a sore point.

For Super Bowl 36, shouldn't you have been playing the Raiders anyway? (That's another team whose fans have a legitimate beef with NFL officiating.)

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTalon View Post
    MANY of us have never really gotten over that Super Bowl. And officiating hasn't gotten much better since then.

If, after that debacle, the commissioner and Baghdad Mike (Pereira) had used the game as the impetus for some officiating reform, we would have at least had some closure. Instead, they swept it all under the rug and pretended like everything went great and that there was only one questionable call in the entire game, and it wasn't until almost 5 years later that Bill Levy apologized to Seattle for messing up two calls in the 4th quarter. Too little, too late, as far as closure is concerned.

What made it worse is that the entire country minus Pennsylvania felt that the refs had given the game to the rustbuckets. The only people saying that Super Bowl wasn't given away were Steeler fans, Seahawk haters, and people on the NFL payroll. Those people accused us of whining, and soon that became the clarion call, and people seemed to forget completely about the hose job.

For Super Bowl 36, shouldn't you have been playing the Raiders anyway? (That's another team whose fans have a legitimate beef with NFL officiating.)
    Boy, I have to totally agree with on two counts. The Hawks were screwed out of that Superbowl win by some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. They were definitely the better team that day.

And the Rams should have had my dream matchup that year in Superbowl 36 with the Hated Raiders. That Rams team should have killed that Raiders team, unless of course, our dumbarze HC Mike Martz probably would have screwed that game up too.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Raiders got screwed. That was the birth of the NFL's golden child. The course of history would have been rewritten and (1) Rams would have had two superbowls, or possibly more and (2) Tom Brady wouldn't have known Gisele or Bridget, little Johnny or Bengie wouldn't exist. (3) Hoodie wouldn't have turned to the darkside (4) Bledsoe retired as one of the most successful Patsy QBs. Please add to my list!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Don't forget people would actually remember Drew Bledsoe.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTalon
    For Super Bowl 36, shouldn't you have been playing the Raiders anyway?
    Too right you are, my fine feathered friend.
    Lets face it, the NFL wants the Rams to win
    Wow! Not often has that phrase been uttered.

Has Doug Farrar made any prognostication on this game yet?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

PARamfan is offline Registered User

I will tell you that I was at least one voice in the state of Pennsylvania that said that the Steelers stole that SB thanks to the refs and I still tell all the Steeler fans that I know that to this day!!1

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I still haven't got past the SB36 loss.....or the NFC Championship game from the 1978 season, for that matter!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

supachump is offline Registered User

I haven't ever been to the Seahawks forum. But, most of the posts I see on espn are Seahawks talking trash.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Seahawks fans I've met around here in SF are some of the worst fans I've ever run into. And that is coming from in the middle of whiner territory. None that I've run into have said anything nice like what you quoted.. That's for sure.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    I haven't ever been to the Seahawks forum. But, most of the posts I see on espn are Seahawks talking trash.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Seahawks fans I've met around here in SF are some of the worst fans I've ever run into. And that is coming from in the middle of whiner territory. None that I've run into have said anything nice like what you quoted.. That's for sure.
    Hawk fans in whiner land? Hmm, who knew?

I will say this, the Hawk fans who have come here to the Clan have been outstanding in my opinion. 9 times out of 10 they're here to talk serious, objective (as possible for any of us) football. Some of, if not the, best opposing fans we've got (no offense to Brain Daddy).
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Hawk fans in whiner land? Hmm, who knew?

I will say this, the Hawk fans who have come here to the Clan have been outstanding in my opinion. 9 times out of 10 they're here to talk serious, objective (as possible for any of us) football. Some of, if not the, best opposing fans we've got (no offense to Brain Daddy).
    Possibly true. I've seen some of what your talking about (I often tune out the Seahawk posts because of previous experiences). Especially this year when they haven't been playing as well. Maybe the fans have been feeling less cocky because their team is not looking so good.

As an aside. I used to frequent a bar here in the Bay that was always filled with 49er fans. The majority were good people. The ones that stuck out as a-holes? Seahawk fans. It has and will continue to taint my opinion/view of them. Online or not.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

"Lets face it, the NFL wants the Rams to win because a 8-8 division winner looks a lot better than a 7-9 division winner. Don't be surprised to see a lot of calls going against us on Sunday."
    I wouldn't be surprised either. It would be Montreal Screwjob-esque (wrestling fans know what I'm talking about).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast