btimsah Guest

The Seahawks Know What Were Gonna Do!

Okay, I'd originally posted that we'd beat the Seahawks. Yeah.. Uh.. I wanna take that back now. It's amazing but Al Saunders has all ready learned how to be a bad coach.

He basically told the Seahawks what we plan to do on offense. "Get the ball into Jackson's hands early". WTF? As if were not bad enough! Now the big problem I have with this is you know what this means. More Jackson run's for minus yardage. Pathetic.

Now some of you are saying he might just be saying this to mislead the Seahawks, but come on? Under Linehan what does every first drive consist of? Run - Run - Pass - Punt.

So Note To Seattle - Were Resigned To Just Running The Ball and Throwing When Only Absolutely Needed. I'm sorry but following these pathetic coaches I have no choice but to now call this game a loss. They've given up.

Rams - 13
    Seattle - 28

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Re: The Seahawks Know What Were Gonna Do!

Yeah, if they go too far out of their way to get the ball to Steven Jackson, they will lose.

When any team with a good/great running back is losing, it's easy to look at some stat that says when their RB get's 25 touches they are 18-0. Or some BS like that. Those are called "games where the run is working".

You can't force anything. You need to look at your opponent and decide what percentage of running/passing plays will likely be required based on their defense and the status of your offense, health, etc...

I do hope this is a "smokescreen" thing to say, when we are really going to air it out, but I doubt it.

As I've stated, short high percentage passes to start the game, then mix in SJ, then open it up. In fact do this in every game, unless the defense dictates otherwise.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Like the Seattle coaching staff, or any coaching staff couldn't figure out a game plan in about.... a series or two?

Come on fellas. Nearly everyone with a heartbeat said BEFORE the season started that Steven Jackson WAS the St. Louis offense. It was what Saunders was going to build his offense around. For him to admit that he MAY go back to what he said he'd do from the get-go isn't going to change the outcome of this game, or give the Hawks an advantage they already didn't have.

I HOPE he runs the ball more. ...and I hope the Hawks pass a lot.

..it'll mean we're winning.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Like the Seattle coaching staff, or any coaching staff couldn't figure out a game plan in about.... a series or two?

I HOPE he runs the ball more. ...and I hope the Hawks pass a lot.

..it'll mean we're winning.
    True that, RFRH, true that.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!