Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Hasselbeck8MVP is offline Registered User

Seahawks-Rams Round 2

Well, it's officially Seahawks-Rams week again.. and I expect nothing but another wild shootout at the Q

I've been watching you guys closely all year.. and I have to say, you scare me more than you did in the first meeting (which was a lot).. because you seem more willing to run Steven Jackson than you were under Martz.

That's not a knock against Martz either, I am in the minority that thinks he is a good coach.. just think his ego brings a lot of unnecessary negative attention towards him.. but teams that are a run-first/pass-second team always concern me against Seattle.

Anyway, as always best of luck on Sunday.. hope you fly home healthy and 4-5

I'll see you all around as usual.

Hass8MVP

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Seahawks-Rams Round 2

Yea I'm very scared of seattle. They IMO are the best team in the league. And if we win this game we good. If not we aint bad but not good we mediocre. But coming off a win against Jacksonville makes me have more confidence in t his squad due to Jacksonville coming in having beat the Jets, Steelers and Bengals. Good Luck to you guys to!
    RamsFan16

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Hasselbeck8MVP
    Well, it's officially Seahawks-Rams week again.. and I expect nothing but another wild shootout at the Q

I've been watching you guys closely all year.. and I have to say, you scare me more than you did in the first meeting (which was a lot).. because you seem more willing to run Steven Jackson than you were under Martz.

That's not a knock against Martz either, I am in the minority that thinks he is a good coach.. just think his ego brings a lot of unnecessary negative attention towards him.. but teams that are a run-first/pass-second team always concern me against Seattle.

Anyway, as always best of luck on Sunday.. hope you fly home healthy and 4-5

I'll see you all around as usual.

Hass8MVP
    What did you think about the game today? I watched it and was not all that impressed with the Seahawk effort. Despite getting three interceptions from a rusty Kurt Warner, the outcome was in doubt late into the fourth quarter. Warner was pretty effective, getting the ball up and down the field all day, finishing with 334 yards despite no Anquan Bolden. Things might have been different if a very questionable pass interference penalty on a big third down with the score 27-19 was not called. I think the Seahawks caught a break there.

I still feel the Seahawks are one of the best teams in the league, but I like our chances a bit more after seeing what happened in Arizona. Regardless, it will be a tough test for us.

bluengreen is offline Registered User

I wasn't too impressed with us today either. Still, we won a game we should have and exorcized yet another demon -- we were 0-6 after a bye under Holmgren.

As always, I expect a barn burner game next week. I think Hawks-Rams is now officially enough of a rivalry that we can throw out records. Especially if you have Bulger, Holt, and the felon back, which last I heard appears probable.
    Last edited by bluengreen; -11-06-2005 at 11:16 PM.

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Good luck this Sunday...and hope you fly home 4-5...

I haven't been here in a while, got school and all. But I thought that i would stop by and say Hi. So "Hi"

The Cards game looked pretty weak to me. Only scoring 33 on a pretty poor Cardinals team and then letting them score 19, that's pretty weak. Hopefully things are better for us next week. and you guys give us a good game. I always enjoy watching Rams/Hawks games, you know the score is gonna be high, and the defense is going to be minimal. That fact that Vitt seems to like to run the ball is scary, I don't like that at all because Jackoson is a beast and could possibly run for 250 against our run D...just like Shaun could go for 250 against you guys. But that fact that you will likely have Holt and Bruce and Bulger back scares me even more. Well good luck...

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Hi guys! Nice to see y'all again. I am sure this game will be a good one. I see Alexander and Jackson having a personal contest to see who puts up the best numbers just for the fun of it...
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

RealRam is offline Registered User

No doubt, MOM. :football: Two great RBs on a Huuuuge game!

Thanks for visiting, Seahawks. You're doing very, very good!

rampete is offline Registered User

i've got admit the seahawks/rams games are entertaining...hardly ever a blow out, each game is a white knuckle rollercoaster ride...

morgetha is offline Registered User

I can't wait

Next week, I'll skip school especially for this game. It's gonna be the most exciting Rams game I'd watch all season. Man, I can't wait to get it started.

Rams-Seahawks is the most exciting thing I've anticipated all season apart from Warner return to the dome, but that's another story. Admit it, with Bulger and our recievers plus the great Steven Jackson, things may turn upside down :clanram:

All right, I rant too much. But hawks, you're doing good. And I still have little love for you. But when things collided, I pick the Rams first---and always do.
    The Greatest Show on Turf

! Best offense ever !

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Rams and Seahawks. The Rams were a fumble away from winning at home. Torry Holt shredded the Seahawk secondary on one leg. Imagine what he can do on two. I'm hoping that we continue to run. If we do, we'll win this game. If we get away from the run, then we're going to lose. We have to remember that our offense is good enough that we can continue to run the ball even if we are down by 10. We have to stick by our gameplan.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

BBlades89 is offline Registered User

Good luck to you guys on the 13th. Hopefully there will be no injuries on either side. Last game we had a few with Holt and Boulware. I don't want to see that again.

Anyways, every time these two play I lose a few years off my life. I expect Sunday to be no different.

Nice Jacket

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Can't wait! As always...

GO RAMS!!!

Seehawkrun is offline Registered User

I think the Seahawks win this one in a close game. Homefield will come up big for us. It didn't last year against the rams but this is a different Seahawk team than last year's squad. The 'Hawks are 18-3 in their last 21 home games with the losses coming against Dallas and St Louis (twice, including playoffs) both last season. 'Hawks were 8-0 at home in 2003 and are 4-0 at home this season.

Like I said, far different team this year.

I was impressed to see the Rams beat the Jags, although I think Jacksonville will be the weakest team in the playoffs this season. They will make the playoffs purely on a weak schedule. The Rams are scrappy this season, finding ways to win games. I think they're amongst the top 8 teams in the NFC. I think Seattle is amongst the top 2 or 3.

My prediction: Seahawks win 34-28

Seehawkrun is offline Registered User

Also, I thought the Seahawks played better than most people suspect on the road after a bye week against a dangerous Cardinals team. (Dangerous in that they have talent despite the record, and they play well at home) The game could have been a huge letdown game, and it wasn't, so I'm not about to start pooh-poohing and saying "well, they only won by 14 points blah blah blah."

The Cowboy fans were saying the same sort of things about the Seahawks' win in St Louis. I, personally, don't put much stake in the final score as I beleive good teams will find a way to win games, regardless.

And about Warner's passing yards. To this I say: who wouldn't throw for 300+ yards with 48 attempts??? Jeez, where was the Cardinals freakin' running game? Do they have one?

The 'Hawks have been able to play amazing red zone defense all season long. Just ask Dallas.

I am wary of the Rams rushing attack. I actually think the two offenses are quite similar to each other. Seattle has had the #1 rated offense in the NFL and in Aikman's efficiency ratings since week 5.

Hasselbeck8MVP is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    What did you think about the game today? I watched it and was not all that impressed with the Seahawk effort. Despite getting three interceptions from a rusty Kurt Warner, the outcome was in doubt late into the fourth quarter. Warner was pretty effective, getting the ball up and down the field all day, finishing with 334 yards despite no Anquan Bolden. Things might have been different if a very questionable pass interference penalty on a big third down with the score 27-19 was not called. I think the Seahawks caught a break there.

I still feel the Seahawks are one of the best teams in the league, but I like our chances a bit more after seeing what happened in Arizona. Regardless, it will be a tough test for us.
    I think they got a little too relaxed after Alexander broke the 88 yard TD run to start the half, and that's something we cannot do against anyone.

But we did enough to come out on top, and I really think they will come to play a full game this week against you guys since we know what you're capable of doing.

This is a huge game for both sides. A Seahawk win essentially gives us a 4 game lead on you, a Ram win and the division is suddenly a 1 game lead again. But then again.. what Rams-Seahawks game wouldn't have any implications on the division?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast