Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    McRamClan is offline Registered User

Re: Seahawks-Rams Round 2

I wonder what Frank Robinson, manager of the Washington Nationals, would have to say about exchanging pleasantries between teams and their fans? What Arizona did against Seattle,on 11/06/05, is immaterial and logically irrelevant. Why do the Seahawks have so many ,out of state, fans such as Hasselbeck8? Is it because states, like New Mexico ,have no franchise of their own? Are you formerly of the Pacific Northwest and got tired of all the rainfall and thus moved to the Southwest? There is only one relevant fact to consider here. The 2005 Rams "must win this game." Accent on must! Thiis game is as important as a postseason playoff game. If Seattle wins this game,they will be three games up,in the standings,with seven to play. If the Rams win, they will be within striking distance of the Seahawks; only one game behind. This game is far more urgent for the Rams than it is for the Seahawks. The Seahawks have a far more difficult schedule, the rest of the way. I hope that all of the players and coaches on the Rams staff realize how urgent this game is. Didn't the Rams beat this team three straight times last year irrespective of Seattle's last 8-0 starts at home? I am not convinced that Seattle is one of the elite teams of the N.F.L., as of this date. The season is only half over. Personally, my feelings toward the Seahawks is more akin to that of a Raider's Fan when Seattle was in the western division of the AFC. Luck will not decide this game. Turnovers and who "wants it the most" will decide the outcome. To all Ram Fans: The urgency of this game cannot and will not be understated. These are the cold hard facts and not some "smak" talk. If you think,otherwise, then your ability to analyse and evaluate a post is extremely limited. My preference is that the Rams have a nice flight home at 5-4 and that the Seahawks stay home at 6-3. Lets make the rest of the season a tight, interesting race and not some runaway by the Seattle Seahawks.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by McRamClan
    I wonder what Frank Robinson, manager of the Washington Nationals, would have to say about exchanging pleasantries between teams and their fans? What Arizona did against Seattle,on 11/06/05, is immaterial and logically irrelevant. Why do the Seahawks have so many ,out of state, fans such as Hasselbeck8? Is it because states, like New Mexico ,have no franchise of their own? Are you formerly of the Pacific Northwest and got tired of all the rainfall and thus moved to the Southwest? There is only one relevant fact to consider here. The 2005 Rams "must win this game." Accent on must! Thiis game is as important as a postseason playoff game. If Seattle wins this game,they will be three games up,in the standings,with seven to play. If the Rams win, they will be within striking distance of the Seahawks; only one game behind. This game is far more urgent for the Rams than it is for the Seahawks. The Seahawks have a far more difficult schedule, the rest of the way. I hope that all of the players and coaches on the Rams staff realize how urgent this game is. Didn't the Rams beat this team three straight times last year irrespective of Seattle's last 8-0 starts at home? I am not convinced that Seattle is one of the elite teams of the N.F.L., as of this date. The season is only half over. Personally, my feelings toward the Seahawks is more akin to that of a Raider's Fan when Seattle was in the western division of the AFC. Luck will not decide this game. Turnovers and who "wants it the most" will decide the outcome. To all Ram Fans: The urgency of this game cannot and will not be understated. These are the cold hard facts and not some "smak" talk. If you think,otherwise, then your ability to analyse and evaluate a post is extremely limited. My preference is that the Rams have a nice flight home at 5-4 and that the Seahawks stay home at 6-3. Lets make the rest of the season a tight, interesting race and not some runaway by the Seattle Seahawks.
    Paragraphs are your friend. :tongue:

Why do the Seahawks have so many ,out of state, fans such as Hasselbeck8? Is it because states, like New Mexico ,have no franchise of their own? Are you formerly of the Pacific Northwest and got tired of all the rainfall and thus moved to the Southwest?

People become fans of teams for other reasons besides their geographic location.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Seahawk_For_Life is offline Registered User

Seahawk/Rams games are always competitive and physical. This one will be no different.

It will be gut check time again for both teams, who wants it more.

But I have to give it to the Hawks on this one, Qwest is gonna be loud and crazy and they just love playing at home.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

The game could have been a huge letdown game, and it wasn't, so I'm not about to start pooh-poohing and saying "well, they only won by 14 points blah blah blah."
    Actually, things were a little more dicey than 14 points would indicate. With less than 6 minutes left, it was a single possession game at 27-19. And that was after the Cardinal defense stopped the Seahawks earlier in the drive, deep in their own territory, only to have that very suspect pass interference penalty keep it alive. Things could have been very different without the benefit of that questionable call.

And about Warner's passing yards. To this I say: who wouldn't throw for 300+ yards with 48 attempts??? Jeez, where was the Cardinals freakin' running game? Do they have one?
    The only way an opponent can have 48 passing attempts is for the defense to allow sustained drives. Warner and the Cardinals were able to get 23 first downs against the Seahawk defense and were 8-16 on third down and 2-3 on fourth. The Cardinals do not have a running game. Not a single game this year with a total over 100 yards.

The 'Hawks have been able to play amazing red zone defense all season long. Just ask Dallas.
    Good thing, because for the most part, the Rams have solved their red zone inefficiencies.

Last week I could not see any problems with the Seahawks, but it now looks to me like they lack the killer instinct to put teams away early. Sooner or later, they will be in a situation where fortunes will not go there way at the end of a close game. Maybe next week?

Seehawkrun is offline Registered User

And the game St Louis had against Arizona was what? a blowout? 17-12 if I recall correctly. That game was played in the same stadium with two healthy football teams, wasn't it? Didn't Arizona come pretty close to winning that one?

The game Arizona played against us in Seattle was 37-12 'Hawks.

Chrome_CW is offline Registered User

Ya know, many of you Rams fans have extremely short memory spans - you guys didn't exactly put away the Tardinals when you played them in Az....and Warner put up 327 yards passing on you with 42 passing attempts - if not for a boneheaded offsides penalty on AZ you guys had a chance of losing that game......
    Despite what everybody wants to think about AZ, they are a pretty good team at home and a dangerous team through the air. I think both the Seahawks and the Rams games there show this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seehawkrun
    And the game St Louis had against Arizona was what? a blowout? 17-12 if I recall correctly. That game was played in the same stadium with two healthy football teams, wasn't it? Didn't Arizona come pretty close to winning that one?
    You're absolutely right. We were B-A-D in that game. We have not proven we are a good team. The Seahawks on the other hand are looked at as a top tier NFC team, but showed a kink in their armour IMO against a weak Arizona team.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome_CW
    Ya know, many of you Rams fans have extremely short memory spans - you guys didn't exactly put away the Tardinals when you played them in Az....and Warner put up 327 yards passing on you with 42 passing attempts - if not for a boneheaded offsides penalty on AZ you guys had a chance of losing that game......
    Another good point, but we're not claiming to be a good team. Believe me, we remember how lucky we were in that game. I would however, make the case that the Cardinals can only blame themselves for what happened at the end of the Ram game, while they can blame the officials and a bad call for what happened against the Seahawks.

yesiamahawkfan is offline Registered User

2 things I see that go your way negatively are:

1. I was releived when I saw the Jags having trouble against the Texans at HOME! That makes me think that maybe the Jags arent as good as we thought, the team we thought just a week ago...seemed like the biggest upset this year in the NFL.

2. You forget you guys always seem to do worse away from St. Louis, and also with a new coach(we'll see how he does). It might not matter though, because all hawk/ram games are close.

Haterade is offline Registered User

Seahawks are 4-0 at home having faced; Atlanta, Arizona, Houston and Dallas.

The Rams are 1-3 on the road having faced; San Fran [L], Arizona [W], NY Giants [L] and Indy [L].

Looking at those two schedules, the Seahawks beat two playoff contenders and the Rams played two playoff contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by yesiamahawkfan
    2 things I see that go your way negatively are:

1. I was releived when I saw the Jags having trouble against the Texans at HOME! That makes me think that maybe the Jags arent as good as we thought, the team we thought just a week ago...seemed like the biggest upset this year in the NFL.

2. You forget you guys always seem to do worse away from St. Louis, and also with a new coach(we'll see how he does). It might not matter though, because all hawk/ram games are close.
    That same not so good Jag team beat the Seahawks 26-14, right?

The Rams are indeed very bad away from St. Louis, with the exception of one place, Seattle.

Hasselbeck8MVP is offline Registered User

Why do the Seahawks have so many ,out of state, fans such as Hasselbeck8? Is it because states, like New Mexico ,have no franchise of their own? Are you formerly of the Pacific Northwest and got tired of all the rainfall and thus moved to the Southwest?
    Not sure what the point you are trying to prove here is... but I was born in Washington State, moved out to New Mexico when I was 5.. I began to love the Seahawks because of my grandfather.. have stuck with them ever since then.

Seehawkrun is offline Registered User

That 'Hawks Jags game was the only one in the season that Seattle really didn't play well enough to win. It was also the first game of the season and in Jacksonville.

If Josh's kick had gone in in the DC 'Skins game we'd be 7-1 on a 7 game winning streak right now.

Largent80 is offline Registered User

Well .....we should all look for a good injury free game.

One thing to remember is this Seahawk team has NO resemblance of last years team. This group has not allowed a first or fourth quarter TD, and has the most offensive drives over 80 yards in the NFL.

Most of the long drives were in the 4th quarter when needed most, so, These aren't the "same old Seahawks".

We have maintained our #1 ranking with our 2 starting WR's out for multiple weeks, and Hamlin, and Dyson getting injured also.
    NFC West Champions Again in 2005

SeahawkerSteve30 is offline Registered User

I'm on the other side of the country and I'm a Hawks fan.. grew into it because of my Dad. You don't need to live in Seattle to be a fan. With that logic I'd assume you also think all St. Louis fans are from Missouri?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast