Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Re: Seahawks-Rams Round 2

Ltes look at it this way. The first time the Rams played the Hawks I noticed a lack of intensity from the Rams. I had not seen intenisty all season. It was as though the Rams were laying over. I feel it now. The running game is starting to really come up, the passing game is back, and intensity has found its way into St.Louis.

We know we can beat Seattle. We were a fumble away from doing it the first time. A fumble away with...Hawthorne at FS, Hodges at P, Mike Martz sick, and No Isaac Bruce. Say what you will about Bruce, he draws coverage.

I was extremely excited about this season. The I noticed the lack of intensity, the lack of heart. The Rams seem to be rejuvenated and it is just at the right time.

We are 4-4, and I personally believe that 12-4 is not a stretch. These Rams are new. These Rams are rejuvenated. These Rams are back.

The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

We have maintained our #1 ranking
    I have seen this statement several times from Seahawk fans regarding their offense, and I'm not sure I understand the logic. From where I sit, they're ranked #5 and we are #6.
    Quote Originally Posted by nfl.com
    Giants - 29.1 points/game
    Colts - 28.6 points/game
    Chargers - 28 points/game
    Panthers - 27.5 points/game
    Seahawks - 26.8 points/game
    Rams - 26.0 points/game
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BBlades89 is offline Registered User

I haven't really looked at the #s, so I'm not sure HU, but it might be yards.

EDIT: I looked and it's under Total Offense (so yeah, it's yards)

h ttp://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-TOTAL/2005/regular?sort_col_1=4
    Last edited by BBlades89; -11-08-2005 at 01:38 PM.

Nice Jacket

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I would have to say that points are WAY more important then yards. Who cares if we put up 500 yards of offense if we don't score points, and to take it further who cares how many points you score if you don't win the game. So basically the Rams and Hawks are close in the "rankings" but the Hawks have the edge because of WINS. Edge or no edge that's why they play the games.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -11-08-2005 at 07:09 PM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I find it very interesting reading so many posts from Hawk fans that are simply speaking from their heart and really believe that our team is not a contending team or stands no chance of taking the West.

The bottom line is that football is about match-ups and inches. These two teams match up well against each other. You can not compare a previous games like the Cards or Jags to how we will perform against the Seachickens.

All in all I like your over confidence. It will make a win that much more special come Sunday. If the team feels the same way as it's fans, it might be a long day for a team that wears silver.

Hawkfandyno is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    I find it very interesting reading so many posts from Hawk fans that are simply speaking from their heart and really believe that our team is not a contending team or stands no chance of taking the West.

The bottom line is that football is about match-ups and inches. These two teams match up well against each other. You can not compare a previous games like the Cards or Jags to how we will perform against the Seachickens.

All in all I like your over confidence. It will make a win that much more special come Sunday. If the team feels the same way as it's fans, it might be a long day for a team that wears silver.
    Who won the matchup earlier this year? if its a game of matchups, we still have basically the same personnel as we did earlier this year. we even have one more in a healthy Engram.

yeap...your right you are the studs of the Gridiron. There is no stopping you now. You own the Rams. You are football immortality. Alexander should be MVP. Hasslebeck is the next Elway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfandyno
    Who won the matchup earlier this year? if its a game of matchups, we still have basically the same personnel as we did earlier this year. we even have one more in a healthy Engram.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Great point. It's all about the match ups.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

yeap...your right you are the studs of the Gridiron. There is no stopping you now. You own the Rams. You are football immortality. Alexander should be MVP. Hasslebeck is the next Elway.
    well, that was quite childish. Makin a point about "the matchup" statement, and you respond with something my 10 year old might say. Simply saying, the matchups are virtually the same this time around as they were a month ago and we are at home.

I find it very interesting reading so many posts from Hawk fans that are simply speaking from their heart and really believe that our team is not a contending team or stands no chance of taking the West
    its not "from the heart" its more of a "what have you done THIS year. i mean, sure you have your offensive weapons back, but you still have a suspect Defense, #31 in the league i believe. so, its not from the heart, its statistically speaking, we are at home and we have proven THIS YEAR that we are the better team SO FAR.

I personally believe this will be a close game, with a one touchdown edge to seattle because of home field. but hard fought, nonetheless.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

I find it very interesting reading so many posts from Hawk fans that are simply speaking from their heart and really believe that our team is not a contending team or stands no chance of taking the West
    In their defense, I believe most posts are providing stats, not opinions, so I disagree.

The Seahawks are 6-2 and the Rams are 4-4. The Seahawks have already beat the Rams at home, and have beat a couple other playoff caliber teams. The Rams still haven't proven they can win on the road, and are struggling to get out of a hole.

I hope the Rams torch the Seahawks on Sunday, but the facts are that the Seahawks have the #1 rusher in the NFL and have the #1 offense in terms of yards per game. These are big stats.

I like our Rams potential this year, but they've dug a pretty big hole and now are facing a must win... Seahawks have a downhill trip to the playoffs.

I'm not liking our division chances even with a victory. I'm hopefull, but it's all uphill.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

well, that was quite childish. Makin a point about "the matchup" statement, and you respond with something my 10 year old might say. Simply saying, the matchups are virtually the same this time around as they were a month ago and we are at home.
    Dude, don't take it personal. He was just extending on his previous post about the Hawks over-confidence. Then he came back with all the "Hawks are great" as a tongue-in-cheek attempt to bolster that over confidence.

It was just a little joke, my man.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Dude, don't take it personal. He was just extending on his previous post about the Hawks over-confidence. Then he came back with all the "Hawks are great" as a tongue-in-cheek attempt to bolster that over confidence.

It was just a little joke, my man.
    Wasnt takin anything personal. he just had my quote in there, so thought he was responding to my post.

maltz88 is offline Registered User

I for one am not over confident. I think the Hawks are going to lose this game. But I think it will mirror every game these two have played over the last few years. Very, very close games that could easily go either way.

I think these two teams will play that way regardless of how each of them are doing that year. They just match up well against one another, and have gotten to know each other so well that it will be a crapshoot every time they play.

Hard on the nerves, but sure makes for an exciting couple of games a year.

I guess it is very childish. And I guess that was my point. Many (not all) of the Seahawk fans seem to have come here more to bolster about their team and their success rather than to talk football and the match up we have this weekend. You won one game this season against the Rams. Now, somehow, there are several people that think they are the next coming of Christ.

The year is far from over, and I for one will not count us out just yet. Nor would I concede the West to the Seachickens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkfandyno

Thanks Maltz.

Agree on all point. Good Luck my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by maltz88
    I for one am not over confident. I think the Hawks are going to lose this game. But I think it will mirror every game these two have played over the last few years. Very, very close games that could easily go either way.

I think these two teams will play that way regardless of how each of them are doing that year. They just match up well against one another, and have gotten to know each other so well that it will be a crapshoot every time they play.

Hard on the nerves, but sure makes for an exciting couple of games a year.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast