Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Re: Seahawks-Rams Round 2

Hey some of you guys should come over to the Seachickens board if you have some free time. It is under scout.com something like seahawksinsider.com I think. Anyway, it is a cool board and they are absolutely gushing with (over)confidence about the game on Sunday. The predominant opinion is that the Seachickens will roll us and break out the brooms and not the umbrellas on Sunday.

Haterade is offline Registered User

I think there are many Seahawks fans that feel this team could buckle and regress to their ugly past breakdowns, but they continue to pull out wins and prove fans wrong. No Seahawks fan wants to see them lose, it's just hard to expect them to do different.

Like Pavlov's dog...you hear that bell ring so often you get set in your ways. The Seahawks are nothing like the Rams as the Rams have been to the Superbowl, twice, in most fans' lifetimes. The Seahawks have a hard enough time breaking .500 on a consistant basis.

The thing is this year's team is different. Even for Rams fans, they have to be aware this isn't the same team. I know the team that the Rams are fielding are almost night and day from their first 6 games.

Seahawks fans will always hate Rams fans more than Rams fans will hate Seahawks fans. We've done nothing but annoy you slightly on your way to playoff wins and gloating rights. While the Seahawks have been in your shadows for the entire duration of the conception of the NFC West.

This game represents two teams that could go into seperate directions. Had Martz not taken a leave for health reason, do a lot of Rams fans feel that they could win by airing the ball 45+ times a game? How could you expect Jackson to get into a rythem if the defense continually allowed offense's to march down the field and put up points.

The Seahawks on the other hand have faced tough adversaries that were out to prove this is the "Same ol' Seahawks," but they have proven them wrong so far.

Haterade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT
    Hey some of you guys should come over to the Seachickens board if you have some free time. It is under scout.com something like seahawksinsider.com I think. Anyway, it is a cool board and they are absolutely gushing with (over)confidence about the game on Sunday. The predominant opinion is that the Seachickens will roll us and break out the brooms and not the umbrellas on Sunday.
    seahawks.scout.net

cashless is offline Registered User

Very well put Haterade I couldn't have said it better myself. I think it has been a completely different season for the hawks and a different feeling. This is the first year I can ever remember them not embarrassing themselves by this point in the season.
    That said the Ram's strength(throwing the ball) has always matched up with our weakest part of the defense but our defense has been getting better. I disagree with people who say that Jackson will run all over us, I like the confidence and you do have the o-line that is capable. However our run-defense has not allowed a 100-yard rusher all year so it is hard to imagine a 250 yard monster game as I read in another thread.
    I will say that it would take a very heartbreaking loss to slow this team down. If the Rams simply beat the Seahawks(which I give a 33% chance of happening) I don't think they would take it that hard.
    I give a 33% chance of winning to the Rams because the Seahawks are a more complete team, better defense and a better run game(I like Steven Jackson but Alexander leads the league and our offensive line is playing amazingly well) and still a decent pass game with no name receivers. Add a home advantage and that makes up my %. Like I said before the Rams have as good a chance to win this game as any of our opponants, but as you all can see our opponants are not doing so well. It will be a great game as it always is for our teams.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Who won the matchup earlier this year? if its a game of matchups, we still have basically the same personnel as we did earlier this year. we even have one more in a healthy Engram.
    The Rams are healthier as well. Our headcoach was just not there mentally. Hawthorne was our starting FS! I cannot emphasize that enough. With him at FS we can basically spot the Hawks 14 points. The Rams are playing better. The defense is palying better. This is going to be the game of the week, and I hope that the Rams will become the team of the week.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Hawkfandyno is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce=GOAT
    Anyway, it is a cool board and they are absolutely gushing with (over)confidence about the game on Sunday. The predominant opinion is that the Seachickens will roll us and break out the brooms and not the umbrellas on Sunday.
    wow, how odd coming from a seahawks board:drunk:

dont think its anymore gushing than the fans here, or the ram fans were last year coming into our second meeting.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Especially if you have Bulger, Holt, and the felon back, which last I heard appears probable.
    That's the assassin to you; and yes, he will be showing husselonhisback the turf of qwaste field.

This will be a tough game, but the Rams have more to loose than the hawks do at this point.

Hawthorne was our starting FS! I cannot emphasize that enough. With him at FS we can basically spot the Hawks 14 points. The Rams are playing better.
    I agree, Furrey is a major upgrade @ FS, a solid tackler, and a play maker.

Unleash the Furrey!:clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

BBlades89 is offline Registered User

Just because some of the fans are over confident doesn't mean the players are.

This is a good read, written by Seahawks' starting FB Mack Strong:

h ttp://www.seahawks.com/ArDisplay.aspx?ID=6119

Nice Jacket

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    I agree, Furrey is a major upgrade @ FS, a solid tackler, and a play maker.
    :O He is an upgrade but a solid tackler he is not (yet)
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Hasselbeck8MVP is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    The Rams are healthier as well. Our headcoach was just not there mentally. Hawthorne was our starting FS! I cannot emphasize that enough. With him at FS we can basically spot the Hawks 14 points. The Rams are playing better. The defense is palying better. This is going to be the game of the week, and I hope that the Rams will become the team of the week.
    I'm sorry but I will take our offense over your secondary with a converted WR playing safety.. ANYDAY of the week.

Mike Furrey? C'mon.. lol

I think it's pretty obvious to say this.. neither team really fears the opposing defense (although the Seahawks are slowly making strides, but will be shorthanded up the middle this week)..

This has all the makings of a shootout.. like all the matchups seem to be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234