Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Sean Salisbury predicts Aeneas Williams makes Hall of Fame, but Isaac Bruce does not

On NFL Live this afternoon, Salisbury said that Aeneas is a no brainer to make the Hall of Fame, maybe a first ballot player. But Sean claims that as of right now, Bruce does not get in, though he still has years left to play. He compared Bruce to Art Monk in that he produced without drawing attention to himself with talk, and said Bruce is one of the best route runners ever.

For comparison, here are some more of his predictions...

Steve McNair - No
    Drew Bledsoe - No
    Ty Law - Yes
    Derrick Brooks - Yes, maybe 1st ballot
    Warren Sapp - No
    John Lynch - No
    Michael Strahan - "Tweener" but he gets in
    Will Shields - "Biggest no brainer of the group"

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sean Salisbury predicts Aeneas Williams makes Hall of Fame, but Isaac Bruce does not

Its a shame that the failure to "draw attention to oneself with talk" renders a player questionable for the Hall of Fame.

Of course, Sean Salisbury should be an expert on "no brainers."

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Sean Salisbury predicts Aeneas Williams makes Hall of Fame, but Isaac Bruce does not

Bruce is not done yet and Salisbury was done before he got started. Salisbury is not a big Rams fan, never has been, is is just a has been.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Sean Salisbury predicts Aeneas Williams makes Hall of Fame, but Isaac Bruce does

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Its a shame that the failure to "draw attention to oneself with talk" renders a player questionable for the Hall of Fame.

Sorta dumb for me to post just for laughing, but...

LOL

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam

And the dude always looks like he just was at the Meat department at the nearest grocer and they cut his hair! No Brainer was classic AV!!!!LOL
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Bruce does remind me of Art Monk. They have the same kind of quiet confidence and perfect route running.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

It's a travesty and a joke if Isaac Bruce does not get into the Hall Of Fame.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    Bruce is not done yet and Salisbury was done before he got started. Salisbury is not a big Rams fan, never has been, is is just a has been.

Salisbury is not a "has been". He's a "never been". He's just a legend in his own mind
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Chiledog is offline Registered User

He compared Bruce to Art Monk in that he produced without drawing attention to himself with talk, and said Bruce is one of the best route runners ever.
    Am I reading something wrong into this? Or is this guy saying that Bruce, despite being one of the best route runners of all time, doesn't get in because he didn't go around blowing his own horn to promote himself? If that is the case, then Salisbury is either a total idiot, or we are assured of seeing a lot more "T.O.s" and "Sapps "in the years to come, just so these guys can get inducted.
    "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie', until you can find a rock." Will Rogers

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

:tut After Isaac acquires his 2nd Super bowl ring with the Rams, Sean will have to second-guess himself...just wait!!:tut :tut

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Salisbury knows damn good and well that Bruce will make the Hall of Fame, that's why he qualified his statement with "as of right now". By the time Bruce is finished he'll be near the top of the heap in receptions and yardage and a slam-dunk for the Hall.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Bruce is a shoe in,and whoever says he not is an idiot.Even as it stands now.

:clanram:
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild