Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    I will agree the coaching was not very good. However this team was not going anywhere with the injuries and thank goodness the consolation prize is a top 5 draft pick.

    Our injuries where as follows:

    Out for season (Blue Starter):
    Pace LT
    Setterstrom G
    Incognito G
    D. Hall PR/KR
    Little DE
    Pisa LB
    Hill CB
    Goldberg OL
    Walker TE
    Smith LB
    Carter S


    Suspension (Blue Starter):
    Brown CB

    Missed Minimum 1 game (Blue Starter):
    Bulger QB
    Jackson RB
    Bruce WR
    Romberg C/G
    Chavous S
    Steussie OL (questionable listing as starter)
    Looker WR
    Pettiti OT
    Minor RB


    14 starters injured that missed at least 1 game this season. This is as bad a season I have seen a team have injury wise. I don't recall seeing this many injured starters on any one team. I am not thrilled with Linehan's performance however I am excited about having a high draft pick and having everyone healthy next year.

    * Bulger and Holt played injured for most of the season.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -12-23-2007 at 01:08 PM.


  2. #2
    chipperjones Guest

    Re: This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    Yes, everyone knows this. Injuries happen, it's not something we can control. We can control who coaches this team. If Bulger, Jackson, and Holt want Scott gone, then I do too. They obviously dont feel he's doing his job as he should, or they wouldnt have spoke up-rolled eyes-ect. Especially Holt.

  3. #3
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    Quote Originally Posted by chipperjones View Post
    Yes, everyone knows this. Injuries happen, it's not something we can control. We can control who coaches this team. If Bulger, Jackson, and Holt want Scott gone, then I do too. They obviously dont feel he's doing his job as he should, or they wouldnt have spoke up-rolled eyes-ect. Especially Holt.
    When you have 14 starters miss games I don't care who is coaching you are going to have players rolling their eyes and getting upset. Because they feel morally beaten this would have been a tough season for any coach who coached the Rams this year. I am not saying that Linehan did not handle it worse then others. However he has not had a full season with the team he has assembled. These injuries this season where outside the norm and Bulger looked horrible in the early going and has battled injuries through out ribs/concussion. Holt is undoubtedly frustrated but part of that is Bulger don't have time with a make shift line to look down field and Bulger has not been as accurate as past with all his injuries. Holt has not been looking like the Holt of past due to his injuries. I really think a lot of the players are frustrated with the health of the team as much as anything. They are unable to do as much because they have a banged up patched together team. Could another coach have squeezed a couple or three more wins out of this team maybe. However had everyone been healthy could another coach have won more games with this team maybe not. Linehan's play calling gets changed when you can't look down field or you are missing the protection up front. Anyway we where going no where with this coach or any other. This season was lost to injury I don't care if Vince Lombardi was coaching them.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -12-23-2007 at 01:41 PM.

  4. #4
    jkramsfan Guest

    Re: This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    I will agree the coaching was not very good. However this team was not going anywhere with the injuries and thank goodness the consolation prize is a top 5 draft pick.

    Our injuries where as follows:

    Out for season (Blue Starter):
    Pace LT
    Setterstrom G
    Incognito G
    D. Hall PR/KR
    Little DE
    Pisa LB
    Hill CB
    Goldberg OL
    Walker TE
    Smith LB
    Carter S


    Suspension (Blue Starter):
    Brown CB

    Missed Minimum 1 game (Blue Starter):
    Bulger QB
    Jackson RB
    Bruce WR
    Romberg C/G
    Chavous S
    Steussie OL (questionable listing as starter)
    Looker WR
    Pettiti OT
    Minor RB


    14 starters injured that missed at least 1 game this season. This is as bad a season I have seen a team have injury wise. I don't recall seeing this many injured starters on any one team. I am not thrilled with Linehan's performance however I am excited about having a high draft pick and having everyone healthy next year.

    * Bulger and Holt played injured for most of the season.
    injuries did play a large part in this seasons record but at the same time you can't downplay the coaching side of it,better coaching could have countered some of the injuries and lead to a couple more wins,this was not a playoff team because of the injuries but they are better than a 3-12 record.

  5. #5
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    41
    Posts
    2,143
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    See here is the problem with this thread. Avenger has pointed it out before, we know about the injuries. We know they largely affected this team. Aside from this team being decimated by injury you have to look at the terrible job of coaching that is being done. Losehan doesnt deserve another year although he will get one and waste another year for the players and fans. Those of you who want him back will get him back with a healthy squad next year to watch another year with a lot of talent go wasted with mediocre coaching. You know like calling toss sweep after toss sweep to Jackson when we have a banged up o-line, we know this doesnt Losehan? Have any of those toss sweeps worked? No matter where we were located on the field all I see is Jackson losing yardage and then yelling at the sideline exclaiming to them to please run him off tackle or up the middle. I didnt expect this team to win a lot of games with all these injuries. The second half trend over the past two years is frightening. For every game we have been outscored in in the second half we have lost. Thats twenty games. A lot of those game by the way we were leading at the half too. As for player execution that people say it all comes down too. If a coach gets credit for wins and players executing shouldnt he take the blame for losses and players not executing? There is a well known successful coach out of a job yet some of you would rather give Losehan another chance next year and watch another losing season and then fire him rather than try and land a very good coach. (by the way Marty will be gone) Thats ok we are all Rams fans and i will suffer through it with you, just dont complain next year when we dont make the playoffs or win the division with a healthy team.
    Just Fix It

  6. #6
    jkramsfan Guest

    Re: This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    has anyone from his formerly coached teams come out in support of Linehan ? I have not read any players saying that hey this guy can coach or he's the real deal,as I said it may have happened but i have not seen any of it,this is not to say Linehan isn't a good guy,I think he is but he is not a head coach in the NFL. I hope I am wrong and he proves himself next season because if he does that means we are winning and at the end of the day thats all that really matters is that the Rams are winning.

  7. #7
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    This post was neither in support of or against the head coach. However everyone with their torches and pitchforks looking for Linehan chimed in on this thread.

    I think that it is safe to say that no matter who the coach was this year this team would have finished with a losing record. Take it for what its worth. I am neither a Linehan hater or supporter. I do think he has done a sub-par job this year however I also don't recall any other team having gone through so many injuries in a season as this one.

  8. #8
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,467
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    "This season was lost to injuries regardless how bad some think the coaching was."...."This post was neither in support of or against the head coach."

    Then why post the statement?

    We all know that injuries have hurt this team. Going after the "Most Obvious Posting of the Year" award?

    I would just like to add that concussions hurt our quarterbacks!

    Joe

  9. #9
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,960
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    injuries aside we still could have at least 3 more victories period and we've lost these games due to the stupidity of linehan

  10. #10
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    "This season was lost to injuries regardless how bad some think the coaching was."...."This post was neither in support of or against the head coach."
    What was meant by my statement was the head coach did not lose the chance at a winning season it was the injuries that did it. Some people say that with a different coach we could be 5-11 or 6-10. It's irrelevant to this season if you still don't make the playoffs. I did say I did not think the coach did a good job this season. However when he has the amount of injuries to key players he designated for his scheme it alters what he wants and can do scheme wise. The players left starting where not the players he chose to start in his scheme. They may or may not have even been better suited for another coaches scheme. Some of these guys where hired directly off the streets.

  11. #11
    MoonJoe's Avatar
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Norco, CA
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,467
    Rep Power
    42

    Re: This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    I disagree for these reasons:

    Linehan designs the plays in which our pro-bowl quarterback gets drilled, he brings in Ferotte, who is at best a two play substitute not a 2 game substitute that costs us games, he also has control over game time decisions which allow us to lead in the first half and lose in the second. So again, yes injuries are a factor, but not enough to let him off the hook.

    The pattern shows that he is mediocre at best, I am not willing to sit through mediocre again, been a Ram fan too long to go through it again without at least saying something. I understand the "3 year" waiting period, but you have to have something to lead you down the path to believe in the guy and I don't see it. Vermeil was kept because he had a history of winning, but even he was on the hot seat. Brooks was cut at 13 and 19 and he had a better record that Linny has now. Linny started to choke last year and was able to come out at 8 and 8, but I believe that is on the players and not him. And it wasn't like he took over the Bad News Bears, this was a team of great players.

    So will injuries keep you out of the playoffs, yes it happened to Kurt Warner the year after the Superbowl. But it's not even his record that bugs me, it's how he is losing games. We go out with a plan and then choke in the second half, giving up like 2 and 3 touchdowns...that is not good coaching in my book.

    So my opinion is that this season was lost to injuries based on bad coaching. Not to just to injuries. And I will end with a quote from a coach that lost his "franchise" quarterback at the time and was facing another dismal season..."We will rally around Kurt Warner and we will play good football!" Dick Vermeil, 1999

    We all know how that turned out, that's good coaching.

    Joe

  12. #12
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,695
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    I personally couldn't care less that we didn't win the 2 or 3 more games some people think we should've.

    In fact I'm glad we didn't. What's 2 or 3 more wins gonna prove? Nothing. It would've only served to knock us out of the top 5 on the draft board.

    To me it's not even a question. If you're not going to contend for the big prize, then the next best thing is the 1st pick the following year.

    I suspect that come draft time, none of you guys are going to care that we didn't win those 2 or 3 games.

  13. #13
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    FIRING SCHOTTY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,795
    Rep Power
    52

    Re: This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    So my opinion is that this season was lost to injuries based on bad coaching. Not to just to injuries. And I will end with a quote from a coach that lost his "franchise" quarterback at the time and was facing another dismal season..."We will rally around Kurt Warner and we will play good football!" Dick Vermeil, 1999
    Who is saying that our season was lost only to injuries? Nobody that I can see.

    That's a great quote by Dick V although it might not be as good of a quote this year. "We will rally around Milford Brown, Rob Petitti, Brandon Gorin, Travis Taylor and ummm what's your name again, and play........." Well you get the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Some of the excuses made for Jared Cook are laughable.

  14. #14
    RAM-BO's Avatar
    RAM-BO is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, VA
    Posts
    908
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    Injuries + bad coaching = 3-12, healthy + bad coaching = 8-8

  15. #15
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,952
    Rep Power
    170

    Re: This season was lost to injuries regadless how bad some think the coaching was.

    Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    Injuries + bad coaching = 3-12, healthy + bad coaching = 8-8
    So, I guess we should keep Linehan... that is, if 8-8 is good enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jim Thomas Live Tuesday, November 27 (LONG)
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-27-2007, 07:57 PM
  2. Postgame With Gordo: November 25
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-26-2007, 10:59 AM
  3. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-14-2007, 08:47 PM
  4. Historical Moments # 2 The rest of the story
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -04-21-2006, 11:42 AM
  5. Salary Cap Request
    By HUbison in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -12-31-2004, 02:48 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •