Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The season prediction of this optimistic Rams fan.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The season prediction of this optimistic Rams fan.

I the past couple of weeks, I've made a number of posts encouraging Rams fans to forget the past, reject negativity, show patience, and embrace hope.

Some believe this means I'm wearing the rose-colored glasses of a homer.

Some believe that I'm trying to silence critics.

Some believe that I'm not a realist.

Well, believe what you want.

Here is what I'm predicting for the 2012 season.

6-7 wins

Are you surprised?

Did you think I was going to predict a winning record and a possible playoff spot?

Well, then you'd be wrong.

I certainly maintain an "anything can happen" mindset, but my expectations is 6-7 wins.

This is the youngest team in the NFL. Its going to take time. I do believe that the Rams are back on the right path, and will stay there now that we have a confident, secure and experienced Head Coach implementing the plan.

My hope is that, at the end of the year, people will view the Rams as a "team on the rise." If they can accomplish that, the prospects for 2013 (with two first round picks and cap space to bolster the roster) will be great.

So there you have it.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The season prediction of this optimistic Rams fan.

Could you identify the 6 to 7 wins? I'm going with 4 to 5 wins.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Could you identify the 6 to 7 wins? I'm going with 4 to 5 wins.
    I'm not big on going week-by-week at this stage of the year, but I will break it down this way...

From the following home games - Washington, Arizona, Seattle, Minnesota - I think 3 wins is a reasonable expectation.

From the following road games - @Arizona, @Miami, @Tampa, along with the home game against the Jets - I think another 2 wins is a reasonable expectation.

That brings us to 5 wins, and leaves the following - @Detroit, @Chicago, Green Bay, New England (London), @SF, SF, @Buffalo, @Seattle. I think another win or two can be had from among those games.

So that brings us to 6-7 wins.
    DE_Ramfan likes this.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I'm changing my name to Homer. 8-8
    LA Rammer likes this.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Here is what I'm predicting for the 2012 season.

6-7 wins

Are you surprised?

Did you think I was going to predict a winning record and a possible playoff spot?

Well, then you'd be wrong.

I certainly maintain an "anything can happen" mindset, but my expectations is 6-7 wins.

This is the youngest team in the NFL. Its going to take time. I do believe that the Rams are back on the right path, and will stay there now that we have a confident, secure and experienced Head Coach implementing the plan.

My hope is that, at the end of the year, people will view the Rams as a "team on the rise." If they can accomplish that, the prospects for 2013 (with two first round picks and cap space to bolster the roster) will be great.

So there you have it.
    I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment of this season, AV. This team, finally, seems to be headed in the right direction with sound leadership starting with Jeff Fisher straight to the top to Les Snead and crew. I, too, believe that 6-7 wins is possible for this team, barrring any injuries of course. I don't think it is an unrealistic expectation at all. The defense is much improved. The offensive line looks to be okay, but I'm sure Brian Schottenheimer will scheme around it and find ways to call plays to mask the deficiencies somewhat. But you hit the nail on the head with your hope, and this is something I've been clamoring for from this team for years. I didnt so much mind the losing, but I wanted to know that my team was successfully rebuilding and on the right track. Obviously that wasnt the case during the Spags-Linehan era. Just horrible drafting and decision making set this team back.

But we are making the right strides. And, as you mentioned, we should be in good shape if we win this amount of games looking at next years draft, we have to get a real impact player, preferably WR. And this is why it is very important for the OL to play well.

Obviously, it is still early, and only preseason, but I like what I see from all units. I think we should be able to win the winnable games and steal a game or two from the other road games that you mentioned. Here's to a healthy preseason and season!! GO RAMS!!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

For well over 40 seasons I always feel the same at this time of year about our Rams.

Playoffs!!

It can be done.

LA Rammer likes this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

the way I saw the offense run on the first drive this weekend i'm dying to predict a wild card
    Curly Horns likes this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

4 wins if it's pouring, 8 wins if the skies are clear bright.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I'm sorry, I just don't see more than 5 wins. Not that it can't happen, but the stars will have to align for anything more than 5. Significant injuries to opposing teams at the right time, ball bouncing in the right direction (for a change) and NO injuries to any Rams. There just isn't enough talent on this team and not enough play-makers. IMHO. Our Oline is still a huge question mark, and absolutely the key to the Rams season. Forget the improved defense (with the exception of OLB), or the upgrades to WR, if the Oline doesn't shine, this team will not win.

I just think that whenever a conversation involving the Rams win/loss record contains a lot of "hope" and too many "if's", it's not likely to happen. Trust me, I'll be wearing my new Bradford jersey every week and rootin' them on, but I don't see it happening. Maybe I'm just to hardened by the past, who knows?

Hey, a lot of people said we couldn't get the MSL Curiosity (Mars Lander) to soft land on Mars, but we did it, and did it perfectly. (I worked on that beautiful piece of machinery). So I guess anything can happen when you put your mind and body into it.

IF the Rams DO win 6-7, Fisher should be appointed HC of the year.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

berg8309 is offline Registered User

19-0 or bust.

Seriously though, I'd like the Rams to get close to .500 while showing improvement from Bradford and the WR corp., with good pressure from the D line, and progression of the secondary (given the number of young players there) leading to a more complete game by the end of the season. That would be an ideal season for me at this point.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

4-12, and we'll have 2 top ten picks in the draft next year. Book it!

Rambos is offline Registered User

I have us going 8-8 this year.

We have enough talent to win six games, then you have the Fisher Factor worth 2 games on paper we should lose.
    Last edited by Rambos; -08-21-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Even though my expectations aren't too high for the season (5-7 wins), there's one question in the back of my head that I keep asking myself.

If the Rams could get to 7 wins in 2010 with stubborn knucklehead coaches, a rookie QB, and IMO lesser overall talent, then why can't the 2012 Rams match that or possibly surpass that win total with EXPERIENCED head coaches, and slightly better, more developed talent?

Something I'd like to remind you on is how Fisher gets his teams to respond to adversity. The 2002 Titans started off 1-4 after a disappointing season. Bud Adams said that perhaps the Titans were getting "outcoached". The Titans finished 11-5 and made it to the AFC title game.

A couple weeks ago, the Rams came out flat and looked ugly against the Colts. (Some) fans went crazy. Fisher's team responded, and stomped the Chiefs. Of course its just preseason, but I really beleive Jeff Fisher will respond to the fan's challenge of restoring respectability to the Rams franchise, and he will succeed.

rampower is offline Registered User

The season prediction of this optimistic Rams fan.

Already I think the 6-7 wins is looking good. Thought I would look back at this now, to see where we are and where we thought we would be. I saw 5-6 wins with better coaching and less injuries, 6-7 would have been good and 8-9 would have been a real push with a few lucky bounces on the way. Despite the jets/pats blow outs ( mind you the pats have continued to look very good) I am very happy with progress so far.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rampower View Post
    Already I think the 6-7 wins is looking good. Thought I would look back at this now, to see where we are and where we thought we would be. I saw 5-6 wins with better coaching and less injuries, 6-7 would have been good and 8-9 would have been a real push with a few lucky bounces on the way. Despite the jets/pats blow outs ( mind you the pats have continued to look very good) I am very happy with progress so far.
    they're about to get 3 more

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast