Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Seasons over...who is back and who is gone...and who do we add

I like Goldberg and Stuessie for some depth on the line as well. I will also echo the call to resign Turk. He has been excellent compared to year's past and is not a member of AARP...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

bigredman is offline Registered User

I believe we can all agree that Turk will be resigned for the 2007 season, unless some free agent phenom presents itself....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Sorry but you don't put Bruce who caught 74 balls for 1098 yards at the number 3 spot. There is nothing that suggests that Bruce isn't our best option at the #2 WR spot.

We don't need to overpay for Curtis who is going on 29 years old either, if he comes cheap we keep him, if not we don't.
    Well, I agree that I wouldn't offer Curtis the moon, but we can disagree with the value of Bruce. Bruce caught 74 balls because a large number of balls were thrown his way. Who's to say that Curtis, or someone else, wouldn't have done the same? I understand that Bruce is a Ram legend and he's special in that he's the last "LA" Ram, but at sometime you have to move on. He's still a good receiver and has some value, but I just think that we need someone with a little more deep speed, a Curtis has it. But in all honesty, what I'd like to see is a Ram reciever that will catch the ball and actually run with it after the catch, instead of hitting the turf and ducking for cover to avoid getting hit.

What? WHAT? Curtis can't hold Bruce's jock strap. I don't think anyone else in the NFL will offer Curtis a big contract at his age, so we should keep him cheap. If he holds out for a big contract, see ya. Bruce's contract hit to the team and his production at the end of this season has demonstrated he must stay. I agree he is a third receiver normally at this stage of his career. Maybe we can get a diamond in the rough through the draft like Colton of New Orleans.
    I doubt Curtis would want to hold Bruces's jock strap... ...and I agree that nobody will offer BIG money to Curtis, which is why we should keep him. I just wouldn't spent money in the REC department. We've got too many problems on defense that need addressing.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Weel ramsfanraiderhater, the reason bruce and holt last so long in this leagie is cuz they aren't taking big hits, I'm glad they go down...they stay healthy and don't fumble
    Built RAM tough

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Well, I agree that I wouldn't offer Curtis the moon, but we can disagree with the value of Bruce. Bruce caught 74 balls because a large number of balls were thrown his way. Who's to say that Curtis, or someone else, wouldn't have done the same? I understand that Bruce is a Ram legend and he's special in that he's the last "LA" Ram, but at sometime you have to move on. He's still a good receiver and has some value, but I just think that we need someone with a little more deep speed, a Curtis has it. But in all honesty, what I'd like to see is a Ram reciever that will catch the ball and actually run with it after the catch, instead of hitting the turf and ducking for cover to avoid getting hit.
    Ok so Bruce got a lot of throws and he caught them, so a job well done. Who's to say Curtis doesn't drop 10 of those, or who's to say Curtis even plays a full season since he has already had a couple of concussions because he didn't "duck for cover." You could use anything as a "what if". This isn't about sentimentality, it's about production, and Bruce showed this year that he still produces as a #2 WR.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

chiguy is offline Registered User

I'm surprised no one has mentioned it, but our number one need is a right end who can play both the run and the pass. My list:

1. Four-down right end.
    2. Defensive tackle to compete with Kenedy.
    3. Offensive line depth.
    4. Tall receiver.
    5. Decide if one of our three tight ends is going to be the guy or not.
    6. ABSOLUTE MUST -- bring back Stephen Davis.

snowbozo21 is offline Registered User

Rams needs are as follows

MLB- probably we will do something in the draft most likely the first round

DT- Look for the rams to go to FA and possibly draft someone from the later rounds

DE- Second Round Draft Pick

Tall WR- probably a middle round draft pick of possibly a FA

New Special Teams Coach, whatever they are doing it isn't working

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Re: 2007 Free Agents

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    Player Position Type 2007 Team
    Bryant, Tony DE UFA
    Carpenter, Dwaine S UFA
    Chillar, Brandon LB RFA
    Curtis, Kevin WR UFA
    Davis, Stephen RB UFA
    Fisher, Tony RB UFA
    Fisher, Travis CB UFA
    Fisk, Jason DT UFA
    Goldberg, Adam OG RFA
    Green, Brandon DE RFA
    Harris, Kay-Jay RB ERFA
    Kacyvenski, Isaiah LB UFA
    Little, Leonard DE UFA
    McDonald, Shaun WR UFA
    Reed, J.R. S RFA
    Smith, Paul FB UFA
    Smith, Raonall LB UFA
    Steussie, Todd OG UFA
    Turk, Matt P UFA
    Turner, Larry C RFA
    Walker, Aaron TE RFA

Fella's this is a list of our Free Agents, both restricted and unrestricted. Leonard has allready signed an extension. It will be interesting to see who they bring back off this list. Here's a link to the free agents for 2007 from other teams.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagents.html

Enjoy, now it's time to look to the future, cause gentlemen the presents is done, as far as this football season for the Rams is concerned. Since I'm a big USC fan, hence a Reggie Bush Fan. I'll be putting my energy into rooting for the Saints. Which I'm hopeful will move to L.A, so I can go see some live football games. I would prefer my Rams move back. And the way it looks it's a possibility. But as it stands now the Saints are a front runner.
    I say Bye to Fisher(never thiught much of him as a player),Butler,and Mcdonald(draft a return guy like the Bears did).Try to keep Curtis,Turk,Davis(at the right price)and Steussie and Goldberg for depth.
    Last edited by PARamfan; -01-01-2007 at 07:16 PM.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

D line is still our biggest need,but I would like to see the team sign either London Fletcher or Napolean Harris.I personally prefer Flectcher over Harris for he would once again be the emotional leader and spark this defence needs I don't know if Harris brings that.I'll take him if we can't get Fletcher though.

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Parram I couldn't agree with you more I think losing fletcher was a stupid decision anyway. Then we can bump spoon into the outside and I think we will be looking better. I do also think we should look in free agency for another DT. and A DE if we could somehow in someway get freeney along with Fletcher our defence would become elite. But I wonder if our cap room could be large enough. bring back Davis, and let's let the doughnut brothers work in depth this year and start these nasty young linemen. What do you guys think?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

im keen to see us go SS and MLB with out first two draft picks, and to sign a RE. There are a number of good ends available, so we should draft elsewhere if possible. Justin Smith and Charles Grant should be looked at

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12