Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    akseahawkfan is offline Registered User

Re: Is Seattle THAT Good?

I'm sorry, but I don't see this as much of a contest. Seahawks should win this game easily. The Rams Defense hasn't been able to stop anything consistently and the offense has been mostly lackluster with the continuing turnover problem.

Look at the two common opponents. Saints and 9ers.

Rams record 1-1 with a combined score of 49-45
    Seahawks record 2-0 with a combined score of 55-7

Seattle's offense still haven't played their best game yet. The defense has been playing lights out.

The Rams are going to have to really step up their game over their performance in the first four games to even stay in the game. If they continue to play as they have through the first four games, Seahawks will have this game in the bag by half time.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by akseahawkfan
    The defense has been playing lights out.
    And how long will it take before a Seahawk fans concedes that their defense has been playing "lights out" against some pretty poor opponents?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I agree ak that it's going to be a tough game, but you can't predict anything in the NFL using common opponents. It just dosen't work out that way. If Seattle can run the ball, it will open up the middle where the Rams have been vunerable all season. If the Rams can run the ball, it opens up the passing game. If the Rams can pressure Hasselbeck, it will make for a long day for the Hawks.

Lots of ifs, but more relevant than we played so and so and did this while you played so and so and did that.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    And how long will it take before a Seahawk fans concedes that their defense has been playing "lights out" against some pretty poor opponents?
    Oh, I'll acknowledge that Nick. No way that 4.3 ppg average holds up for the entire year. However, no other team has shut out the 9ers (including the Rams). No other team has held the Saints to 7 points or less (including the Rams). No other team has held the Bucs to 6 points or less. So while the Seahawks may not have played very tough competition, they have done a better job against that competition than any other team has.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by akseahawkfan
    Oh, I'll acknowledge that Nick. No way that 4.3 ppg average holds up for the entire year. However, no other team has shut out the 9ers (including the Rams). No other team has held the Saints to 7 points or less (including the Rams). No other team has held the Bucs to 6 points or less. So while the Seahawks may not have played very tough competition, they have done a better job against that competition than any other team has.
    It should be noted the inconsistent Rams defense shut out the ***** through three quarters. Let's not denigrate that accomplishment, because for a defense that gave up 34 to Atlanta and 28 to NO, that's an accomplishment even if it is a weaker opponent.

And yes, I'll give credit to the Seahawks for performing very well against the teams they've played. But it's going to take more than beating up on teams whose combined record is 2-10 before I consider Seattle to have one of the best defenses in the league, as many here and elsewhere have proclaimed.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    ...Lots of ifs, but more relevant than we played so and so and did this while you played so and so and did that.
    Common opponents is just one way to compare teams. Team Stats at this point in the season are even more unreliable in my opinion. Unit matchups could be the most telling, but rely on more opinion than fact. What do you think about the following matchups and who has the advantage?

Seahawks OL Vs. Rams DL - With Pro Bowlers Jones and Hutchinson on the left side and a unit that is entering their third year together the edge has to the Seahawks over a young Wistrom-less DL.

Seahawks RB/TE Vs Rams LB - I think this may be one of the key matchups in the game. I think we'll see more plays involving the TE's Mili and Stevens. If Stecker can go over 100+ yards, I can't see much chance of the Rams keeping Alexander to under 100 if he is at 100%.

Seahawks WR Vs Rams DB - Unless the Rams are able to generate pressure up front, Hasselbeck will shred the DB's. I don't think any of the Rams CB's can cover Jackson one on one, which means more opportunities for Robinson and Engram if they double or roll coverage to Jackson's side. If they play zone, the WR's will find the holes.

Seahawks QB Vs Rams Safety's - Hasselbeck seems to be making the right reads and calls, taking what the defense gives them. I look for Hasselbeck to take a couple of deep shots to Robinson if the safeties are cheating up to stop the run or cover Jackson. If they vacate the middle look for a deep strike to Stevens or Mili.

How about the reverse of these matchups?

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

What was the final score of the Seattle game against mighty Tampa Bay, whose defense is yielding 18 PPG? I'm sorry, Seattle MAY be THAT good, but just as the Rams haven't proven anything yet, neither have the Seahawks. I can't wait until Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    What was the final score of the Seattle game against mighty Tampa Bay, whose defense is yielding 18 PPG? I'm sorry, Seattle MAY be THAT good, but just as the Rams haven't proven anything yet, neither have the Seahawks. I can't wait until Sunday.
    The final score was 10-6 Seahawks AT Tampa Bay. Absolutely their worst offensive performance of the three games, yet they STILL won.

Seattle has proven that they can win the games that they should win, even on the road. The Rams have proven that they can be beat by mediocre teams at home or away.

I can't wait for Sunday either

Beating teams your supposed to beat doesn't prove your a great team, it proves you can beat weak or mediocre teams. Bring on Sunday so we can get answers based on substance.

bluengreen is offline Registered User

Now Wistrom is on their team, and I'm curious if that play ever came up between them.

Somebody did ask Wistrom about that, and his reply was that he was just showing Hass who's the alpha male, and that he didn't think it was a problem now.

I can't wait to see what our D does against the Rams, it will be their toughest test so far this season.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

OK, I think some here need to take their blinders off, as I believe Seattle is for real. They beat the Saints IN New Orleans, which is really hard to do. We lost to New Orleans at home. Our performance for 3 quarters against SF does not take anything away from the fact that Seattle was able to shut them out. In the NFL, there is a BIG difference between a goose-egg and 14 points given up...it shows that we didn't have the discipline they did to finish them off and play 60 minutes of football.

I think we've got some momentum, but also some holes in our Defense, and special teams that were not exposed by the 0-4 team we beat last week.

The Rams are starting to play like a team, and can definitely beat Seattle this week, but for the moment, Seattle has proven some things, whereas we are hoping last week's Rams team shows up, instead of the one that played the prior 2 weeks...

I don't think there's any blinders here, just some unsubstantiated claims. Sunday should help set the record straight.

daredevil25 is offline Registered User

Getting my popcorn and watching the fireworks

Sonja Grimes, My Cousin, We Miss and Love You.
    The Falcons Flock Message Board

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The seasquawks D is not as good as thier fans may think. They did loose quite a few players while we lost only 2. It's funny how having Wistrom suddenly makes them that much better. Please, get a grip. :tough:

If the Rams come out and play they way they did against the ......, then it will be a win. :ramlogo:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    The seasquawks D is not as good as thier fans may think. They did loose quite a few players while we lost only 2. It's funny how having Wistrom suddenly makes them that much better. Please, get a grip. :tough:

If the Rams come out and play they way they did against the ......, then it will be a win. :ramlogo:
    LOL... who do you think the Seahawks "lost" on defense? Hand and Randle were replaced at midseason last year by Moore and Woodard on the DL which was responsible for shutting down the running games offenses down the stretch including the play off game. Godfrey was a stop gap at MLB and wasn't a big loss. They didn't even try to keep Springs, and replaced him with Bobby Taylor who may be the best nickle back in the league. They ALSO added Wistrom at DE and drafted Tubbs number 1 at DT. Rocky Benard as also stepped up to be another real force on the line. Last year was Rhodes first year as DC, and it was the rookie year for Trufant and Hamlin. This year, we're bring another player in off the bench defensively in Boulware at Safety.

If the Rams play like they did against the 9ers or any of their first four games, the Seahawks will abosolutely demolish and demoralize them before half time. The Rams have to play a whole lot better than they have if they are even going to be competitive, and even then I doubt seriously that they could win.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast