Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    bluengreen is offline Registered User

Re: Is Seattle THAT Good?

The seasquawks D is not as good as thier fans may think. They did loose quite a few players while we lost only 2. It's funny how having Wistrom suddenly makes them that much better. Please, get a grip.

As AK said, we really didn't lose anything (except Chad Brown temporarily to injury), we've improved quite a bit.

I've really been amazed at how Wistrom has been playing -- sacks, open field tackles, tipped balls, he's been a monster, so yes, Seahawks fans are excited about him.

Our secondary is excellent, out DTs are big studs, we have a good young defense that I expect to get even better as the season progresses.

I know that we're not the best D in the NFL right now, but we are pretty good, and combined with an already good O, we're a tough opponent for any team in the NFL.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Martz defenders point to his winning record to say that he is a very good coach. Seattle fans point to their team's fine record to say that they are that good. I have to agree with them... let the record speak for itself. You can do all the analysis you want, but in the end, the record speaks loudest and consistently. Give em their dues and the benefit of the doubt. I believe that they are that good. But I also think the Rams will beat them, in Seattle.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bluengreen
    I know that we're not the best D in the NFL right now, but we are pretty good, and combined with an already good O, we're a tough opponent for any team in the NFL.
    That I can definitely agree to.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

sprtsmac is offline Registered User

So the real questions are....Is Seattle that good? Are the Rams as bad as their record? The answer to both is......NO! Its hard to judge one team after 3 games and the other after 4. But I do believe that this game will say a lot about both teams and where they are going. Are the Seahawks better than the Rams? Are the Rams better than the Seahawks? I don't know, but we'll find out Sunday. It should be a good game, but I must say.....GO RAMS!
    Sprtsmac :football:

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Shesquawks suck and will go down this week. I just hope all you hapless SEA fans come back in here after your loss and talk about how much better the squawks are than the Rams.

Just remember. The RAMS are the defending NFC West Champs! :tough:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

bluengreen is offline Registered User

Shesquawks suck

Last year we played two games against the Rams and split two closely fought games. That means we were pretty comparable to the Rams. If we suck, doesn't that mean that the Rams suck too?

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I dislike the Seahawks as much as anybody but to say they suck is just silly. They've got a good team over there and it's going to be one hell of a game Sunday. I'd love nothing more than to beat them.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Not sure if this will help or hurt our chances, but it's a semi "must win" for the Rams... We need the division win, and we need the conference win, and for a 2-2 team, we just need the win, period.

Aries51 is offline Registered User

Who really knows what to expect on Sunday?The Seahawks Beat the Saints and the Saints beat the Rams,but New Orleans is the Dr.Jeckyll and Mr.Hyde team of the NFL.Last week the Saints,riding the high of a big win on the road, got crushed by the Cardinals.Thats why I agree that "common opponents" is not a good barometer to use when predicting games.I think the Seahawks are a very good team,but this is an important divisional game and I like the Rams chances if the defense can show some fire and the offense avoids turning the ball over.
    Last edited by Aries51; -10-06-2004 at 06:11 PM.
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

THEFIELDGOAL is offline Registered User

They are a lot of factors to the good start concerning the Seahawks. But the biggest factor is that they are the team to beat in the NFC West. I am a true diehard when my Rams are playing. But it will be the toughest test of the season for this Rams. If they can beat the Seahawks it will show that this team is probably going to be ok for the rest of the way.
    The close game versus the Saints should have been won. And the Falcons truly exploited our defensive units. The ***** game is not even a contest. And by beating the whiners it shows no real gauge. Beat these Hawks at there home and then we are talking a team ready for the season.
    With the balance attack from this weeks game. Martz will have to devise a stoppage attitude versus the Hawks. Their front four are very quick and they love to bat balls. The concern will be, can Bulger find time to throw to Holt and Bruce. The running game is going to be tested. Our defense front must stop the short passes and create pressure on Hasselbeck to prevent Alexander from having a huge day.
    THE FIELD GOAL

Hasselbeck8MVP is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    Just remember. The RAMS are the defending NFC West Champs! :tough:
    Yeah and that really got you places didn't it?

Last I checked you guys were 1 and done like we were...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Hasselbeck8MVP

At least we lasted through the first OT.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Hasselbeck8MVP is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    At least we lasted through the first OT.
    And like us....a dropped TD pass did you in

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Hasselbeck8MVP

That's true, but "Defending NFC West Champion" somehow has a better ring to it than "5th seeded wildcard" or "NFC West runner-up". :ramlogo:
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

akseahawkfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    That's true, but "Defending NFC West Champion" somehow has a better ring to it than "5th seeded wildcard" or "NFC West runner-up". :ramlogo:
    Hold on to that thought. It should keep you warm nights in January when the Rams are home and the Seahawks are still playing :tongue:

Ram fans keep brining up the 2-10 record of the Seahawks opponents. However, they don't mention that the two Rams victories came against teams with a combined record of 1-7 and they nearly lost one of those. (AZ)

The Rams are going to have to play a lot better than they have in the first four games to have any chance to even still be in the game at the half.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast