Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    daredevil25 is offline Registered User

Re: Is Seattle THAT Good?

Enjoying the divisional smack, but I think the Seahawks realize how big this game and will come through over the Rams. For you Rams fan, if it brings you any comfort, a week ago we played the Panthers coming off a bye, went up to their house and defeated them. Anything can happen on Sunday ESPECIALLY in a divisional game.

Sonja Grimes, My Cousin, We Miss and Love You.
    The Falcons Flock Message Board

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Ram fans keep brining up the 2-10 record of the Seahawks opponents. However, they don't mention that the two Rams victories came against teams with a combined record of 1-7 and they nearly lost one of those. (AZ)
    There's a good reson for that. We're not claiming to be a great team. We don't know what to make of the Rams at this point, as opposed to Seattle fans that see the Seahawks as world beaters based on beating three teams with a combined record of 2-10, with two of those teams winless. To say you will roll over the Rams like they're the Bucs or Whiners is rediculous. Like I've said before, let's see what happens Sunday.

Johnny Utah is offline Registered User

You know the way I see it is after Sunday all of the media and Seahawks doubters will be saying the same thing. "The Seahawks are now 4-0 but the still haven't played a real good team yet" :smile:

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
    You know the way I see it is after Sunday all of the media and Seahawks doubters will be saying the same thing. "The Seahawks are now 4-0 but the still haven't played a real good team yet" :smile:
    Ah, that brings back memories (1999).

Raptor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    There's a good reson for that. We're not claiming to be a great team. We don't know what to make of the Rams at this point, as opposed to Seattle fans that see the Seahawks as world beaters based on beating three teams with a combined record of 2-10, with two of those teams winless. To say you will roll over the Rams like they're the Bucs or Whiners is rediculous. Like I've said before, let's see what happens Sunday.

I don't think any realistic fan is claiming we have a "great team", except maybe some over zealous reporters looking to up their readership in the local market. Everyone loves to read glowing reports about their team, getting props from opposing coaches and hyped up forecasts of our chances for the rest of the season. But in truth, the games still must be played.

I have to give props to most of you on this board, you've shown respect and class. I have taken a peak at other Rams boards and seen nothing but childish posturing. I cant stand it when all people have to fall back on is the distortion of a teams mascot. I mean come-on....a Seachicken? Everyone knows a chicken can't fly (the only thing in common is that they are both birds, just as a Ram and a hamster are both mammals), but what does this really tell us about their football knowledge, or what they really know about the opposing team. I like this board and have added it my favorites, you guys are all-right.

As for the game this Sunday, what can you say about the other team? You can repeat what you've heard or read. Unless you've watched every play, every down, on both sides of the ball, you can't know what the other team is really about. I have not watched a single Rams game, I've seen the highlights, but as you know, the meat of the game is more important than what they show on sportscenter.

This will be a good game, my loyalty tells me tells me the Hawks will pull one out, but I have been a Hawk's fan too long to have any faith in what my feelings tell me. I'll watch and my heart will race and I'll try to will the Hawks to victory. In the end though, one team will win the other lose, it will not define the season. A victory for one team does not make them "world beaters" and a loss will not stop the earth from turning. Its another game in a long season filled with ups and downs, where everyone is striving for the same goal. I will watch and marvel at the athleticism of the players, knowing I could never fill their shoes....

It'll be fun! Whatever the outcome, lets pray for a injury free contest.

Just win Blue
    Raptor aka Blitzfan
    Last edited by Raptor; -10-09-2004 at 03:17 PM.

viper is offline Registered User

Well said, Raptor.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor
    I don't think any realistic fan is claiming we have a "great team", except maybe some over zealous reporters looking to up their readership in the local market. Everyone loves to read glowing reports about their team, getting props from opposing coaches and hyped up forecasts of our chances for the rest of the season. But in truth, the games still must be played.

I have to give props to most of you on this board, you've shown respect and class. I have taken a peak at other Rams boards and seen nothing but childish posturing. I cant stand it when all people have to fall back on is the distortion of a teams mascot. I mean come-on....a Seachicken? Everyone knows a chicken can't fly (the only thing in common is that they are both birds, just as a Ram and a hamster are both mammals), but what does this really tell us about their football knowledge, or what they really know about the opposing team. I like this board and have added it my favorites, you guys are all-right.

As for the game this Sunday, what can you say about the other team? You can repeat what you've heard or read. Unless you've watched every play, every down, on both sides of the ball, you can't know what the other team is really about. I have not watched a single Rams game, I've seen the highlights, but as you know, the meat of the game is more important than what they show on sportscenter.

This will be a good game, my loyalty tells me tells me the Hawks will pull one out, but I have been a Hawk's fan too long to have any faith in what my feelings tell me. I'll watch and my heart will race and I'll try to will the Hawks to victory. In the end though, one team will win the other lose, it will not define the season. A victory for one team does not make them "world beaters" and a loss will not stop the earth from turning. Its another game in a long season filled with ups and downs, where everyone is striving for the same goal. I will watch and marvel at the athleticism of the players, knowing I could never fill their shoes....

It'll be fun! Whatever the outcome, lets pray for a injury free contest.

Just win Blue
    Raptor aka Blitzfan
    Great post, Raptor, it's nice to see such class from opposing fans. I'm glad you found the ClanRam to be open-minded and intelligent; that's what we strive for. Let's hope the contest is a good one, and injury free at that.

The Rams are going to have to play a lot better than they have in the first four games to have any chance to even still be in the game at the half.
    While I think this quote pretty much sums up the prevailing mind set of the Seahawk fans posting on this site, I agree that Raptor shows class and a realistic attitude. Those that equate the Rams with the Whiners are in for a surprise IMO.

akseahawkfan is offline Registered User

The Seahawks were a good team last year. They have improved this year. How much better, I'm not sure because they really haven't been tested. However, they won back to back road games which is an accomplishment for any team regardless who the opponents are. There was no let down after those two big wins, and took care of business at home against a division rival. Both winning on the road and avoiding the let down are signs that this Seahawks team is different than in years past. Those are the types of things that make me believe that the Seahawks may well be world beaters this year.

As far as the Rams go, even though they have some great players (Faulk, Holt, Bruce, Pace, Little) the supporting cast due to youth, injuries and the cap are just average. There is little continuity on either the OL or DL and I think that is where the biggest problem is for the Rams. Also, while Marmie may be able to get the D to play better as the year goes on, at this point they really haven't been able to do much in the way of stopping opponents or creating turnovers.

So, in my humble opinion a Seahawk blowout over the Rams is not that rediculous at home. Now, if the Rams come in a play a lot better than they have in the first four games then the game will be a lot closer than I expect. Regardless what happens tomorrow however, there is a lot of football to be played, and the Seahawks still have to play in St. Louis.

So, in my humble opinion a Seahawk blowout over the Rams is not that rediculous at home.
    Will the game be over at halftime? Take the Rams seriously, I guarantee Holmgren is.

akseahawkfan is offline Registered User

Will the game be over at halftime? Take the Rams seriously, I guarantee Holmgren is.
    I think it's a possibility that the game may be out of reach of the Rams by half time.

If the game goes the way I think it may with the Seahawks having long sustained drives for scores, and the Rams having turn overs or aborted drives putting the Rams D on the field too long or too quick.

I'm sure that the Seahawks players and coaches are taking the Rams VERY seriously. As a fan, I have the luxury of not having to though.

Enjoy the game.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by akseahawkfan
    I think it's a possibility that the game may be out of reach of the Rams by half time.

I'm sure that the Seahawks players and coaches are taking the Rams VERY seriously. As a fan, I have the luxury of not having to though.
    Well this game is going to be interesting if the fans are any indication. A good division rivalry is always hard to predict. The teams know each others strengthes and weaknesses and players, oh so well, and they will use the knowledge to their benefit.

I can't imagine that the game will be out of reach for anyone at half time.

I really liked Wistrom. He is a classy player, loaded with energy and leadership skills. He struggled last year and it will be interesting to see how he is doing with a new team. Hopefully not so good for this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

:ramlogo: Winstrom will have a good game because its against the Rams,and Seatle is that good. Martz has to be on top of his game in order for the team to be on top of its game or its going to be a long day.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234