sbramfan is offline Registered User

Seattle likely wins the west...barring Dallas.

I know I've posted a number of reasons why, or how, the Rams could still turn this ship around, and if we can beat these Colts, we're in MUCH better shape....

But even under pretty good scenarios, the Rams win 2 out of the next 3 and get to 4-4 at the break before going into Seattle.

In looking at the two teams schedules, I think the Seahawks are actually quite a bit ahead in their quest for the NFC West title.

Both teams had the easiest schedules in the NFL. The one difference was that, based on how we finished the season, we play the second place finishers in the 2 other NFC divisions that we aren't playing and they play the first. As we know we're playing everyone in the NFC east, so it's from the NFC north and south: Seahawks play the Packers and Falcons, and Rams play the Viking and Saints, respectively. Othewise our schedules are the same.

At the beginning of the year, I felt this was a huge advantage to the Rams. However, the Seahawks already beat the Falcons, who are a good football team. And they broke serve against the Rams in STL, forcing us to win the rematch on the road.

Aside from Dallas, the seahawks play Houston (who they're killing as I type this), Dallas, (bye), AZ, STL, SF.

Not to say the Rams can't beat them, but unless Dallas beats Seattle, in Seattle, I see the Seahawks beating the other teams besides STL. So my point is, if they DO beat Dallas, I think they will pile up a lot of wins here in the next 5 or 6 weeks, and may start to put this thing out of reach for a Rams team that will HOPEFULLY be no worse than 4-4 heading up there.

Additionally they play NY at home, we didn't.

Although we get Philly at home, it is towards the end of the year and I'm just using the scenario that if we are quite a few games out of it by that time, it might not be much an advantage at that point.

Of course we have many win-able games on our schedule as well, but we've dug a little hole. I probably shouldn't write off the monday night game just yet, but I'm doing one of those updated check lists of "we should win this one, we'll probably lose that one" and at the moment I have the Colts down as a "we'll probably lose that one" And the Seahawks with a lot of "they'll probably win that one" coming up in the next 5-6 weeks.

(and I know with the NFC east playing so well that the "easiest schedule thing is no longer valid)

So really need to step up and beat the Colts to keep in this race! I think they'll be pumped up.
    Last edited by sbramfan; -10-16-2005 at 11:40 PM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Seattle likely wins the west...barring Dallas.

i dont think we need to win this game to win the west. However, it is going to be very very very tough to win the west if we dont play a LOT better than we have to date, which would include beating seattle on the road.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

You know, I just got back from a Steelers game and those fans back their team. They stayed, they cheered and they got behind the defense and willed that team to win. The Steelers suffered with awful field position all day long and their backup QB put up the worst performance that I have ever seen. He threw 3 interceptions, he threw many more which shoud have been interceptions, and he fumbled and lost the ball. The fans were angry and booing Maddox early and throughout the game. They were very angry that Cowher did not pull him. The fans were upset, but they didn't leave. They stuck it out and cheered on the team even if it was only special teams and the defense that were having a decent day.

My point here is the fans stuck with the team even though they were suffering through some bad luck and bad play. I was sitting next to an 8 year old kid. He had his football cards, he was full of questions, and he continued to believe.

I would hope to see more Ram fans supporting the team instead of assuming they are going to lose games. This game against the Colts is just another game and it is winnable.

You really need to go game by game in your prediction for the rest of the year. How about we let the Rams play this Monday night game before we throw them out of the West?

Go Rams!!!!!Bring a good game tonight. :clanram:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    How about we let the Rams play this Monday night game before we throw them out of the West?
    Great idea. I'll take it a step further - how about we let the Rams play every game until they're actually out of playoff contension before we throw them out of the race?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ram3057 is offline Registered User

I would hope to see more Ram fans supporting the team instead of assuming they are going to lose games.

Isn't that why we are all here?

Gotta' have faith!

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!

:clanram:
    Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Gotta go to work!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I didn't realize that the season was only 6 weeks long. Damn where have I been, well it's been a good season see you next year. LOL

Have some faith.

AJD45 is offline Registered User

I don't read this as sbramfan abandoning his faith, in fact if you read the last sentence he's talking about the Rams stepping up! So he still believes, he's just doing what all good fans do -- obsessing about his team -- here by breaking down the remaining schedules. It's a good assessment of the state of things, IMHO. Seattle won a couple games they could/should have lost while the Rams have done the opposite. We all want the Rams to go 13-3 from here on out, but it's perfectly valid to try to predict the realistic outcomes, too.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AJD45
    I don't read this as sbramfan abandoning his faith, in fact if you read the last sentence he's talking about the Rams stepping up! So he still believes, he's just doing what all good fans do -- obsessing about his team -- here by breaking down the remaining schedules. It's a good assessment of the state of things, IMHO. Seattle won a couple games they could/should have lost while the Rams have done the opposite. We all want the Rams to go 13-3 from here on out, but it's perfectly valid to try to predict the realistic outcomes, too.
    Ok AJD45 good point.

I guess reading the title of this thread kind of throws it off track a bit. I've seen so many negative threads about how we suck and blah blah blah. Until we are eliminated from winning the division or winning a wild card spot then there still is hope.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Question Re: Seattle likely wins the west...barring Dallas.

Does everyone remember the dreaded NE Patriots winning their 1st Superbowl as 14 1/2 pt underdogs ???

Of course you do. I rest my case !

c'mon RAMS