Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Seattle Weather Forecast - Daily Update

Weather could be a very big factor in this week's game, so I will provide a daily update on this thread as we approach Saturday:

As of Monday, 1/3/05, the forecast is:

High Temperature: 35
    Low Temperature: 27
    Snow Showers

So weather shouldn't be a big fac....wait... what was that about snow!?!?!!?!

Uh-oh!!!!!

Stay tuned...

Re: Seattle Weather Forecast - Daily Update

one thing ................ have the seahags played in the snow this year ............ I DONT THINK SO

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Probably be more rain than snow.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

SeaTown Guest

While I agree that the Hawks do not have any experience playing in the snow either, it's not the same. The Hawks playing outside most of the season prepares them for the elements way more than a Ram team who plays their best ball in the comforts of their living room aka the Edward Jones Dome. Anything outside of the ordinary when it comes to weather should be viewed as a negative for the Rams. If I was a Ram fan I'd be nervous every time they stepped foot outside their dome home. But instead I'm a Hawks fan, so I just nervous period. Ha ha ha.

As for the snow. I really doubt it. As a lifelong Seattlite I can tell you that it rarely snows here and when it does it usually suprises everybody. I can't remember the last time we got snow when we were supposed to. And also, when it does snow it barely snows. We're talking a half an inch or so. Every few years we'll get a decent amount. But that's rare. I'd venture to guess that next week will be much the same as this past week. Sunny as can be and cold as hell. Man was it cold on Sunday. Ouch.

So forget snow, how do you guys feel about playing in the cold?

BlueThunder is offline Registered User

I concur. The "Seahags", as you so originally call them, have about as much experience in snow, man for man, as the Dolphins, or you. Not to mention, many of our players come from warm environs, so unless you're a long-timer from Buffalo, Green Bay etc, I wouldn't expect any advantage for either team, beyond the Home Field advantage. I expect your Rams to come out determined, and I'm very, very worried about this game. Experience this season tells me to expect another collapse of our secondary, with you guys tearing us apart again. But fan loyalty tells me we're gonna be prepared this time, and whup up on you guys. I hope I'm right, but I sure wouldn't put any money on it. Seriously though, may the best team win. If we lose this Saturday, I seriously hope you guys win the whole shebang, so we can say we lost to the Superbowl Champs. I hope you feel the same way. Good luck guys. Ain't football F'ing GREAT!? I love this sport! This rivalry we have is like a precious gem! We love to hate each other. It's what it's all about man! WHOOHOO!!! Let the games begin!!!!! BT

Shale is offline Registered User

I for one am hoping for some snow -- but only because I have always wanted to go to a game covered in white!!! Yes, you heard it folks, your neighborhood Shale is going to the game ... Whoopie!

As for the game, to be honest the problem is not how cold it will be or whether the Rams are used to playing in a climate controlled dome. The problem with slick weather will be our offensive line and the general problem we have had putting up a consistent running game. When it gets slick the passing game gets tough. When your a passing team (let's face it, we are) you are inevitably going to have problems with adverse conditions.

The truth hurts but the edge goes to Alexander if the weather goes south (or north as it were). This is not a "doom" report. Bad weather does not make it impossible for the Rams to win just a lot tougher. The good news is that it should help our d-backs as it limits Robinson and company.
    </shale>

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I am not worried about the Rams playing in a little cold and wet weather. I was at the Pittsburgh game last year and it was cold and rainy and the Rams had no problem defeating the Steelers in bad weather.

They are tough enough. The weather will not be an issue.

The crowd noise may be a problem though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Actually a little rain or snow would be quite good, since there are some SeaSquawking receivers that can't seem to catch and hold onto the ball in dry weather. Wet balls should make it more challenging for them.

Bring on the bad weather. :redface:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamTime Guest

Got to agree with shale here in that any weather is advantage Seahawks. The big question is:
    If conditions are not pass friendly will we try to establish a running game? I just do not see MM doing anything but pass - pass - pass. What ever game plan he comes up with will be hailed if we win and damned if we lose. Of course if game time adjustments can be made successfully even in a loss, folks should lay off of MM. Conversely if he stubbornly sticks with a plan that the team cannot execute then he should be held accountable. I don't want to go through another playoff loss due to suspect game time judgment. If we lose that's fine however if we lose like last year or in the superbowl that's annoying as hell.

btw Snow showers sound better then rain. Maybe the turf will freee and become like the dome. :confused:

SeaTown Guest

Actually a little rain or snow would be quite good, since there are some SeaSquawking receivers that can't seem to catch and hold onto the ball in dry weather. Wet balls should make it more challenging for them.
    Nice to know that you have been paying attention to your NFC West rivals so closely. Cuz if you actually had, you'd know that drops haven't been an issue since midseason.

And Shale, how were you able to get your hands on tickets? I'm a season ticket holder myself, so it wasn't a problem getting tickets, but I know a lot of people here in town who weren't able to get tickets. What's your secret?

He's a Ram fan .................. Ram fans are gifted that way

Tuesday Update:

Forecast is...

High: 37
    Low: 30
    Snow Showers (interestingly, snow is forecast for Friday, Saturday and Sunday).

Wednesday Update:

High: 41
    Low: 30
    Snow Showers

The fact that the forecast temps keep rising is not a good sign - could mean rain rather than snow. In any event, the forecast calls for rain and/or snow every day between Thursday or Monday, so a dry, sunny day seems unlikely.

This, frankly, could end up impacting both teams' game plans.

maineram is offline Registered User

Shaw needs to send the boys up here for a snow bowl lesson. I've been, (still are) playing in the snow every Sunday and have for 20 + years, it ain't that hard, it's just a little different catching/holding the ball. I'm a receiver/d-back, wear football gloves, and don't see too much of a difference from the warm and sunny days of September. The cold also isn't as much of a factor as most people may think. It could be 15 degrees with a 10 mph wind and after 6-8 plays your plenty warm and wishing you didn't wear as many layers.
    The weather thing is a nice media story, but really not much of a factor if you adapt to the situation. It's not as hard as you may think.

Maineram :ramlogo:
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

I love watching snow games on TV. It just seems to add another element of excitement to the game.

Back in college, I played a few snow games, and I agree, its not that big a deal as long as you have the right shoes and gloves. Of course, I didn't have 260 pound guys who run 4.5 in the 40 hitting me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast