Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

Seattle's 12th man a traitor.

Article on Deadspin:

What do a majority of Seattle fans have in common with the rest of the country? They're all rooting against the Seahawks this Sunday.

According to a poll on the Seattle Times website, most Seattleites want the Seahawks to lose to the Rams this week. Sure, maybe web polls aren't the most foolproof measure, but we doubt people in St. Louis care enough to stuff the ballot box here.

So what's this about? If you're worried about being the first 7-9 playoff team and embarrassing the league and the division, don't be. The NFL's got enough on its plate, and the NFC West has three other teams doing their share to make it a laughingstock.

No, this is about draft position, and a not-insignificant swing is in play here. If they make the playoffs, regardless of regular season record, they get one of the last 12 picks. But if they miss out, their record guarantees them a pick somewhere between 6th and 11th overall. That's a difference of 10 to 15 spots, all based on Sunday's game.

Now, we have nothing against tanking. If your team's eliminated, by all means, lose out. There's a big difference in potential draftees for the 2-win Panthers and any other team that needs a QB, like, say, the 4-win Bengals. But the key phrase is "once your team's out of it." The Seahawks can make the playoffs, for god's sake. It's unacceptable to root against a playoff appearance for draft positioning.

Win Sunday, and they're in. And then it's a 12-team shootout, when anything can happen. Remember just two years ago, when a crappy Cardinals team rode the back of their two superstars to within a score of a Lombardi Trophy? All the Seahawks would need to do is get carried for four games by their own superstars, like...um...okay, you know what? Root for the Rams.

Defence Wins Championships

locazn is offline Registered User

Re: Seattle's 12th man a traitor.

haahah funny article

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

the swing of fan support didnt the same thing happen in rocky 4
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

Can't say i'm super happy about the way everyone is talking about this game. All season long people have been on the rams backs about 'improving' but not being good yet. Now all of the sudden we are getting the division crown handed to us before the fat lady sings (In the same way the niners were handed the crown before week 1). I just hope that Spags has the players focused on the task at hand and not worrying about the Saints.
    Defence Wins Championships

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Holt Your Horses View Post
    Can't say i'm super happy about the way everyone is talking about this game. All season long people have been on the rams backs about 'improving' but not being good yet. Now all of the sudden we are getting the division crown handed to us before the fat lady sings (In the same way the niners were handed the crown before week 1). I just hope that Spags has the players focused on the task at hand and not worrying about the Saints.

Goto the rams website and watch spags speech after the niners game. It was awesome and shows his stance on enjoying the win and going to the next game.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I thought they meant the 12th man as Josh Brown.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

" If you wanna go ahead and crown them THEN CROWN THEM, (bangs) THE BEARS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE... and we let them off the hook!!"

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

This is just a poor/sad excuse for when they lose. I guarantee it. Sure you want a better pick, but your ultimate goal is to reach the playoffs(other than the SB)..why would you give that up just to try again next season? Poor losers.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    This is just a poor/sad excuse for when they lose. I guarantee it. Sure you want a better pick, but your ultimate goal is to reach the playoffs(other than the SB)..why would you give that up just to try again next season? Poor losers.
    Today's loss is tomorrow's win.

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Today's loss is tomorrow's win.
    I guess you could look at it that way. But heres the thing. Last year I wanted the Rams to take Ndamukong Suh like most people. I was all up for waiting another year and taking Jake Locker this year. Funny thing is people were telling me you cannot count on next year, what if he gets a serious injury or something? He has been atrocious this year. I will never ever doubt the Great #8 again. Good thing we made the right choice.

Sam The Great #8 Bradford.

Basically my point is yeah it may look like they get the better deal in losing because of their pick, yet anything can actually happen. I'll take the playoffs and the 31st pick over 7-9 and 11th pick all day any day.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

31st pick?! 31st pick?! You want to talk about the 31st pick?!

Give me 32, since we're talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    31st pick?! 31st pick?! You want to talk about the 31st pick?!

Give me 32, since we're talking about it.
    Well, I would have said 32...but who would rather take the 11th pick and go 7-9 over being SB champs and picking at 32?

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Fair point I suppose.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Article on Deadspin:

All the Seahawks would need to do is get carried for four games by their own superstars, like...um...okay, you know what? Root for the Rams.
    You gotta love the last line. Had me LOL.

gap

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

What do a majority of Seattle fans have in common with the rest of the country? They're all rooting against the Seahawks this Sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Except that it's a load of crap. Not a lot of people go to the Seattle Times website for their Seahawks fix, so I'm guessing the some motivated failure lovers stuffed the box at the Times website. Most of the Seahawks fans I know of want us to win this weekend, and are looking at a higher draft pick as the bright side of losing if we happen to lose (though most of us acknowledge that our chances aren't terribly good).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast